Do something with Navy...

Restius

So Navy is great for blockades, but is that literally it?

I just had an airstrike done against me towards my Navy.

Here's the numbers:

Opponent: Aircraft: 1437

Me: Aircraft: 939 Ships: 96

Losses:

Opponent: Aircraft: 49

Me: Aircraft: 168, Ships: 33, Infra: 113

How in the world is that possible? I lose 17% of my air and 34% of my Navy on top of the infra? And my opponent barely loses 0.03% of his aircraft? Was my navy blindfolded or something? 

You would think all my ships would be more than transports. Maybe airstrikes should take in some defense capabilities of other units aside from just aircraft if they aren't?

I know this is considered a rant, but when Navy is the only area I had a chance to retaliate, and in one attack that's dropped by 34%, that's not a good formula for success at all.

• Upvote 1

Now to be more constructive:

Improving Blockade: If a nation is on a separate continent, Blockades restrict military and aircraft usage because the opponent cannot transpot units their

Edit: Non-Targeted Bombardments: Allow Navy to bombard infra or military (does scattered damage across ground and air units)

Edited by Restius

Working on adjusting, but the mechanic needs to be fixed somehow, otherwise just get rid of navy.

Yes, because removing features is the best solution. Navy has their use, it's preventing trade, and in a game where the amount of money and resources you can send to a nation is unlimited it's extremely useful. Not so useful in curbstomp wars where the winner was decided before the war even began, but in long wars of attrition between equal sides.

This is why I'm a firm advocate for the Navy having a small defense against Airstrikes.  The Navy is way too expensive for what it does in the game.  It's literally a sitting stockpile of wasted resources when it comes to Airstrikes taking them out.

This is also why you always want to keep a maxed out Airforce and establish Immense Victory Ground Control ASAP ( Nerfs opponents Airstrikes by 33% ).

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes, because removing features is the best solution. Navy has their use, it's preventing trade, and in a game where the amount of money and resources you can send to a nation is unlimited it's extremely useful. Not so useful in curbstomp wars where the winner was decided before the war even began, but in long wars of attrition between equal sides.

While that may be true for the smaller folks, but against the larger folks who sit on 50k+ of the major resources, it really does nothing.  IRL you know what boat stands for right.....Break Out Another Thousand!

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

Andrezdj, my statement was that of frustration, the navy should do a lot more than just damage infra and block trades. IRL they move troops, tanks, aircraft, spec ops, etc..., launch missiles, bombard before infantry attacks, and defend against aircraft. 

My second post had some ideas to make navy more useful, it's either that or limit how damaging aircraft is, because that's all this game is becoming. Whoever gains air superiority first wins, and it shouldn't be that way.

This is why I'm a firm advocate for the Navy having a small defense against Airstrikes.  The Navy is way too expensive for what it does in the game.  It's literally a sitting stockpile of wasted resources when it comes to Airstrikes taking them out.

This is also why you always want to keep a maxed out Airforce and establish Immense Victory Ground Control ASAP ( Nerfs opponents Airstrikes by 33% ).

Can confirm.

RollSheepy.png

Back in ye olde Perk thread, there was a perk called "Anti-Air Guns" for Navy~

While that may be true for the smaller folks, but against the larger folks who sit on 50k+ of the major resources, it really does nothing.  IRL you know what boat stands for right.....Break Out Another Thousand!

What about in wars where the nations deplete their resources and the alliance needs to distribute resources from the bank?

Change the name to do something about battle damage. The formulas are wonky and weird and like you said the losses don't really add up, the guy targeted your ships, and then you still a very lose proportion of your airforce anyway(compared to opponents loss.) Same thing happened to me.. I literally lost all my soldiers in 1 battle but only a small amount of tanks. (then when you don't have soliders the tanks are worthless.)

the Navy does have a place.. I used it this war and completely loved it. (you need at least 30 ships) After 6 ground battles you win the war, infra bombing with airforce works well, but it doesn't destroy improvements. You naval attack your opponent you eat the infra as well as the improvements. The only other way to really get improvements is ground battles. air bombing.. you can lose 1000 infra but if no improvements are lost all you really lost is some population and the ability to move around some improvements... You eat 2 of each military improvements and a subway, your opponent has to re-build infra to re-enter the war, rather than just some military.. and waiting for peace to come. 

The small amount of ships needed for a big impact, makes them out value, using tanks w/ soliders pretty easily.. and its easier to build back. 

I think there is a game wide issue with damage, not just in naval combat. Tbh I think the casualties in the OP battle are WAY too low on both sides. I mean it makes wars last longer but 217 air casualties in a fight involving over 2,000 aircraft plus AA from the ships? Yeah no. I'm new to this game but even I can tell that is not right.

• Upvote 1

Well, here's an idea: Navy Ships are big things that can carry a lot, why not allow the player instead of using them to target infra to instead loot a player's resources and take them back to your nation.

Note: I expect Arrgh to like this post.

• Upvote 1

Well, here's an idea: Navy Ships are big things that can carry a lot, why not allow the player instead of using them to target infra to instead loot a player's resources and take them back to your nation.

Thats not terrible actually.

Anyway why must we "do something" about ships? They are what they are. If yiu think they suck then dont build them.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I think there is a game wide issue with damage, not just in naval combat. Tbh I think the casualties in the OP battle are WAY too low on both sides. I mean it makes wars last longer but 217 air casualties in a fight involving over 2,000 aircraft plus AA from the ships? Yeah no. I'm new to this game but even I can tell that is not right.

Trust me, this has been argued to DEATH at this point.

I've been saying this for ages

tvPWtuA.gif