Gender Debate

Arkiri Arch

If someone wants to change their gender, go through it, and wish to be referred by their new name and gender then that is to me perfectly acceptable. 

If someone decides they're another gender and want to change their name and dress differently then thats great, but that doesn't mean we should officially see them as that gender for in technical terms they are nowhere near it. As ever, show basic respect, but kowtowing to such people is unneeded.

If someone changes their name from Steve to Christina, don't expect me not to laugh.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I, personally, have already abused the bathroom laws.

Holy cow female bathrooms are so nice. I'm shitting in there from now on.

You havent seen the bad ones. I was at a girls dorm in college visiting a friend. They share bathrooms with alot of other people, and lets just say it looked like someone was murdered on the toilet seat.

As for the gender debate, I believe that transgenderism is a mental illness. I do not think that those who identify as transgender are bad people, but they need help. There is a reason that the suicide rate both post and pre op is incredibly high. If they go through with treatment, they still are not actually a woman, just a man with a few parts removed and plastic in its place. They can never become pregnant, and FTM transexuals can never impregnate a woman. I believe that allowing people to have these surgeries take place is bad for the person in the long run, as it is harming them based on their own delusions that they are something they are not. If I believe that I am a dog, no doctor would be allowed to give me an artificial tail and allow me to only walk on all four legs.

• Upvote 5

So this thread here got me thinking: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12436-triggering-gender-choices/

Do you guys think transgenders are a gender of their own or do you think that they're just insane or somewhere inbetween? Don't post hate so we can keep this thread and have a actual debate. My personal opinion is that most transgenders are just a little different in the brain and the acceptance of this behavior in today's culture is disappointing. In my opinion transgenders are not a different gender, nor are they the gender that they want to be. Gender and biological sex is the same thing in my brain, and this can relate to the NC bathroom debate, just because you think you're a girl with a penis, does not mean you are. I think that the bathrooms being restricted by body part is a wonderful idea and its common sense, this modern day fear of offending people and wanting to make everyone comfortable shit has to go. Debate on both of those subjects.

I don't really have a well formed opinion. What transsexuals do doesn't affect me in a meaningful way. They could use whatever bathroom as far as I'm concerned.

I, personally, have already abused the bathroom laws.

Holy cow female bathrooms are so nice. I'm shitting in there from now on.

Wrong. I've had to clean up female bathrooms before. They are, in my experience, almost always worse then the male restrooms.

I'll be the first to say that one's gender does not equivilate to their sex.

Does their genitals however have anything to do with taking a piss next to my six year old daughter in the next stall?

Yes. I have a lack of trust when it comes to humanity. There are those who will abuse such measures in the name of "equal rights" to harm others for their own desires. This just creates more drama in the courts and the tax payers dime to sort out this nonsense.

Does their genitals however have anything to do with taking a piss next to my six year old daughter in the next stall?

Yes. I have a lack of trust when it comes to humanity. There are those who will abuse such measures in the name of "equal rights" to harm others for their own desires. This just creates more drama in the courts and the tax payers dime to sort out this nonsense.

What's to stop that from occuring in the status quo?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

What's to stop that from occuring in the status quo?

Easier to sort out without having all the gender drama involved in a court room.

I remember watching a guy trying to walk into a women's bathroom once a few years back and a group of guys kept telling him to back off. With gender "preference" laws implemented there is nothing anyone can do or say or otherwise they would be in violation of law.

Do you seriously believe no one will take advantage of this to molest the young? If one child gets harmed because of this, it should never have been implemented.

Easier to sort out without having all the gender drama involved in a court room.

I remember watching a guy trying to walk into a women's bathroom once a few years back and a group of guys kept telling him to back off. With gender "preference" laws implemented there is nothing anyone can do or say or otherwise they would be in violation of law.

Do you seriously believe no one will take advantage of this to molest the young? If one child gets harmed because of this, it should never have been implemented.

If you are taking into account the Social Costs argument, this can be applied into many other arguments that go into the discrimination that had occured. This is law and things will happen, intended or not. That is the Shortsidedness effect. Some gender neutral bathrooms, or even family bathrooms currently exist. If what you're saying is true, then why haven't we seen a spike in child molestation/rape/etc... in this regards?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

If you are taking into account the Social Costs argument, this can be applied into many other arguments that go into the discrimination that had occured. This is law and things will happen, intended or not. That is the Shortsidedness effect. Some gender neutral bathrooms, or even family bathrooms currently exist. If what you're saying is true, then why haven't we seen a spike in child molestation/rape/etc... in this regards?

I used family bathrooms for my kids while they were growing up, and occasionally when my six year old is having "issues" I still do.

My argument is not fearing some transgendered/non-gender/whatever to assault my kids, but predators using the law to commit an act of molestation once this is implemented nationally. The statistical arguments in favor of such laws use the argument that no transgendered person has ever been documented molesting anyone in any pubic bathroom. Well, its not the transgendered I fear but someone who will claim to be transgendered only to have access to abuse. Again, I do not want some predator abusing the law to have any chance to harm my six year old. What can be done to prevent that from happening? I understand predators are already out there but do you honestly think someone is not thinking of taking advantage of such an allowance?

EDIT: Good to see you back, mi amigo.

Edited by Lord Asmodeus

I used family bathrooms for my kids while they were growing up, and occasionally when my six year old is having "issues" I still do.

My argument is not fearing some transgendered/non-gender/whatever to assault my kids, but predators using the law to commit an act of molestation once this is implemented nationally. The statistical arguments in favor of such laws use the argument that no transgendered person has ever been documented molesting anyone in any pubic bathroom. Well, its not the transgendered I fear but someone who will claim to be transgendered only to have access to abuse. Again, I do not want some predator abusing the law to have any chance to harm my six year old. What can be done to prevent that from happening? I understand predators are already out there but do you honestly think someone is not thinking of taking advantage of such an allowance?

EDIT: Good to see you back, mi amigo.

I understand your issue, but let me draw you a corrilation. Take guns for instance. Some bad people will get their hands on guns and people will get hurt. There's also been some school shootings. Now does this means that we should ban all guns?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Ban people. It is the only way.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I understand your issue, but let me draw you a correlation. Take guns for instance. Some bad people will get their hands on guns and people will get hurt. There's also been some school shootings. Now does this means that we should ban all guns?

No one is taking away anyone's right to urinate.

Transsexualism is a mental disease.

Using this as an example. 

In the Debate forum as well as in the General Discussion forum the OP is to present an "issue" or a "topic of discussion" and include any type of evidence that is either for or against (or both) to engage the community. 

Those that reply to the topic are supposed to share their opinion and as well, share any evidence that is either for or against (or both) that said topic or discussion.

I understand that there are those of you who like to troll these forums to bait other players into your troll webs and I understand that there are those of you who are completely against and completely for certain issues. Providing a reply that does not hold true content to the OP or other responses within the created thread will no longer be accepted at the time of this post. 

As per the rules:

When creating a thread

• Opening posts should be a paragraph with at least 4-5 complete sentences.
  • Quoting from outside references may only include small portions of the article. Do not post or quote an entire article.
  • Thread titles should be a brief description of the thread topic. Moderation has the right to alter thread titles that do not follow this rule.
  • Whether a thread has sufficiently set a basis for respectful debate on the thread topic will be at the discretion of the moderators

When replying to a post

• Attack the post, not the player. Personal attacks against any player will result in a warn.
  • Personal attacks extend not only to individual posters, but to groups as well. (For example, calling all Republicans idiots is the same as calling every Republican on the board an idiot, and will not be tolerated)
  • Posts that are intended to disrupt a discussion rather than actually contribute to it will be considered trolling/derailing and will result in disciplinary actions.

With those rules plain as day, posted in this thread, I expect the course of this thread as well as any other active threads and newly created threads to change, immediately. 

I have been cool and laid back, I sent out verbal warnings as well as posted verbal warnings in numerous threads and as you have seen, some threads have even been locked by moderators. 

Your continued dismissal and abuse of these forums will no longer be tolerated with verbal warnings. Those of you that continue to violate the rules of this forum, will be handled accordingly. This is not to take away from this forum or from those of you who contribute to this community and these forums in a positive way. Like they old saying goes "it only takes one to ruin it for the rest of us" 

One more tip, if you are faced with an agitator/instigator/troll in a thread - simply report the issue and do not reply to it. Continue on with your normal activities and allow moderation to correct the problem before the whole thread turns sour with back to back unwarranted posts.

I do apologize for interrupting yet another debate thread, but Four has had enough.

Thank you.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I don't think people who talk about bathroom stalls think very clearly:

1. There is no evidence to suggest trans people are more likely to be pedophiles than anyone else.

2. Around 0.2% list their gender as trans.

3. 99.8% of pedophiles therefore still presumably urinate and use bathrooms which children use.

4. Not all pedophiles are heterosexual.

5. Around 3.5% of people identity as lesbian, gay or bisexual

6. Rates of convinced pedophiles heterosexual: homosexual is 11:1, or around 9%

7. Therefore statistically your child is 30 times more likely to be abused by a homosexual in the correct bathroom than by a transgendered person in the "wrong" bathroom for their biological sex.

In addition most predators are known to their victims. The chances of a random molestation in a bathroom is pretty low. If the trans people are pedophiles then what's to stop them molesting someone in the "correct" bathroom? It's such a weak argument.

Edited by Spite
  • Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

But, it is funny how the crimes of a few of a race/religion damns them all, but that doesn't apply to gun owners.

I agree, thinking you're the other gender doesn't make it so. I think protection from hate crimes should be the extent of special treatment they get.

I don't think people who talk about bathroom stalls think very clearly:

1. There is no evidence to suggest trans people are more likely to be pedophiles than anyone else.

2. Around 0.2% list their gender as trans.

3. 99.8% of pedophiles therefore still presumably urinate and use bathrooms which children use.

4. Not all pedophiles are heterosexual.

5. Around 3.5% of people identity as lesbian, gay or bisexual

6. Rates of convinced pedophiles heterosexual: homosexual is 11:1, or around 9%

7. Therefore statistically your child is 30 times more likely to be abused by a homosexual in the correct bathroom than by a transgendered person in the "wrong" bathroom for their biological sex.

In addition most predators are known to their victims. The chances of a random molestation in a bathroom is pretty low. If the trans people are pedophiles then what's to stop them molesting someone in the "correct" bathroom? It's such a weak argument.

Don't you go bringing stats and facts into this. The debate section is for preconceptions, opinions and generalizations only.

• Upvote 2

-snip-

He's 100% correct though, it is a mental disease

In fact, many trans people actually support that distinction and are against what they believe to be the belittling of their condition by the populationSJW's at large.

In fact, by not supporting the idea of Gender Dysphoria, it could be argued you are thereby pursuing(assuming you're not a reactionary who thinks it isn't real) the idea that being gay is, it itself, a choice. Afterall, if being trans(and thereby having a different sexual identity) is a choice, what makes being gay any different?

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win