Assisted Suicide

A/C

Suicide is forbidden

• Upvote 2

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

the thing about trying to control things like this is that you really can't

oh, so i can't get a doctor to help me? let me get a gun or jump in front of a vehicle

why not just stop trying to control everything and let people do what they want?

If that's what they wanted, then okay. If you denies them of a more painless way, they'll just find another way.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

scenario.

Joe has cancer he has two days to live. day one he lives. Day two he has some overdose and has had assisted suicide. Day three a cure for joes cancer is found and can cure any patient but Joe is dead

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Anyways the assister will be arrested and jailed for manslaughter or murder in US and UK

Anyways the assister will be arrested and jailed for manslaughter or murder in US and UK

No they wont, in countries where it is legal the patient ends his own life, not the doctors themselves.

The doctors are only there to oversee it.

Ask not for lesser burdens, only for broader shoulders.

I used to be against assisted suicide but then I started playing this game and realized the world would be a better place without the vast majority of you people in it.

Edited by Metro
  • Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Should adults over a certain age (example: 25) have the right to choose self termination if they are assisted by doctors?

Yes.

Otherwise they'll find some other means if they really want to go through with it.

• Downvote 1

"he told me to assist him ending his life"

"he breathes through a tube and is in acoma"

"i knew he wanted it"

"you're going to jail"

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Should adults over a certain age (example: 25) have the right to choose self termination if they are assisted by doctors?

25? Maybe. 65? Definitely. There is definately some level of cognitive development that should result in the legal right to die, especially as the value of the citizen to the state declines.

Naturally I'm all for it, though like most things there must be safety involved in allowing things and some oversight as to be done.

On a serious note, assisted suicide is usually a mercy killing. Someone who can't do anything with their life, is in terrible pain, and has nothing to live for.

It is cruel to let someone live on in pain for what could be years until they finally succumb to their ailments.

Besides, to the theological like myself, if someone else does it, it's not technically suicide, is it? Meaning that they won't go to hell (according to most religions).

I'd rather have a family member die modestly than in the bloody mess that a shotgun or bridge jumping is.

This is correct, logically if someone else kills you you're not really committing suicide. For one example Hosokawa Gracia due to being a Christian had one of her husbands soldiers kill her instead of committing suicide as was custom in Japan.

I am all for assisted suicide, and a person's right to die according to their terms. If you have a terminal cancer, and you wish to end your life, then as long as you abide by the rules set forth by any state that allows it, then go for it. Here in California, Gov. Brown just signed a bill for assisted suicide. It models after the law in Oregon.

I am all for assisted suicide, and a person's right to die according to their terms. If you have a terminal cancer, and you wish to end your life, then as long as you abide by the rules set forth by any state that allows it, then go for it. Here in California, Gov. Brown just signed a bill for assisted suicide. It models after the law in Oregon.

What if they simply have soul crushing depression and no longer wish to live?

Ask not for lesser burdens, only for broader shoulders.

I have no problem executing weaklings who are too weak to carry on. If they want to kill themselves, let them.

you are suicidal, get help.

scenario.

Joe has cancer he has two days to live. day one he lives. Day two he has some overdose and has had assisted suicide. Day three a cure for joes cancer is found and can cure any patient but Joe is dead

because the cure is always the day after they die

• Upvote 1

I have no problem executing weaklings who are too weak to carry on. If they want to kill themselves, let them.

If suicide was the weak mans way out, more people would do it.

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

this guy here is so in favor of assisted suicide that he's willing to assist you with it even if you're not suicidal

• Upvote 3

It's a very difficult moral problem. Apart from the fact you'd struggle to find doctors and nurses who would do it, not all cases are as clear as the man in permanent agony or with locked in syndrome or whatever. There are a lot of suicidal people out there who feel at various times that life isn't worth living and they want to die. Right now our culture is geared towards supporting them in living a happy and full life. I'm not sure that changing that culture to one where we have suicide as a sanctioned and approved option is a change which would help their care.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

It's a very difficult moral problem. Apart from the fact you'd struggle to find doctors and nurses who would do it, not all cases are as clear as the man in permanent agony or with locked in syndrome or whatever. There are a lot of suicidal people out there who feel at various times that life isn't worth living and they want to die. Right now our culture is geared towards supporting them in living a happy and full life. I'm not sure that changing that culture to one where we have suicide as a sanctioned and approved option is a change which would help their care.

where implemented you usually can't just be like "okay kill me" and 15 minutes later you're dead

you have to be of sound mind, etc.

also, obligatory "talking about this as though it is a hypothetical when we've seen it done and it worked just fine"

"it worked just fine"

>> implying it could be fine

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt