Get Rid of Government Types

Andrezj Kolarov

What exactly is the point of government types in the game?

You change to Democracy to save up money, change to Republic to build Cities, change to Autocracy to build infra, change to Noocracy when building projects, and to Stratocracy when fighting wars. The way governments work is totally inimical to roleplaying, what if a player doesn't want to be an Autocracy or Republic? What if they RP as a Stratocracy and don't want to change? They have to economically penalize themselves to RP. Governments should be completely cosmetic, just like your Economic/Social Policies.

EDIT:

But just so I'm just complaining, here's a suggestion - create 4 new National Projects which keep these bonuses in the game:

Center for Research and Development: Reduces the cost of National Projects by 5%.

Urban Planning Department: Reduces the cost of a new city by 5%.

Tourism Board: Provides a 1% bonus to your gross income.

Defense Contracts: Reduces the Upkeep Cost of your military by 5%

The Autocracy/infra bonus is already taken by the CCE.

Edited by Itani Corsus
  • Upvote 1

One, I want to keep my comestic feature "Stratocracy".

Secondly, it's FOR FREEEEEEEE.

I'm not paying for a project, when I could keep this feature and get these bonuses for free.

Ä°t could be free if you change the bonuses to industry specializations, like instead of defense contracts, it could adrenals and stimulants.

One, I want to keep my comestic feature "Stratocracy".

Secondly, it's FOR FREEEEEEEE.

I'm not paying for a project, when I could keep this feature and get these bonuses for free.

The projects were just a suggestion, it could be anything

i made this same argument during beta and their response was overwhelmingly "no" with basically the same amount of reasoning

if you ask me, the real logic is somewhere between "i don't want everybody to just be a democracy or dictatorship" and "cybernations did it this way so what'st he big deal", but maybe they actually just see no value in RP value

• Upvote 1

i made this same argument during beta and their response was overwhelmingly "no" with basically the same amount of reasoning

if you ask me, the real logic is somewhere between "i don't want everybody to just be a democracy or dictatorship" and "cybernations did it this way so what'st he big deal", but maybe they actually just see no value in RP value

Yet we add approval rating which has no meaning.

Yet we add approval rating which has no meaning.

but it's completely useless even if you get at or below zero/at or above 100, is affected by relatively few things, and can't be at all directly controlled, in any way, at any time, by the player

i actually really do like the system that we have with governments, i just wish it wasn't attached to the RP. i think a lot of people brought up having a "national focus" before, and it's something sheepy said he wanted. maybe it's time to drag out that idea? it seems to make a lot more sense for being something that gets changed every 5-10 days anyway

• Upvote 2

Surely this is only inimical to rp if you value bonuses more than role play?

For example if you accept that under military rule, the military budget will be more efficient, or under a technocratic government (noocracy) big projects will be cheaper... Then what's the big deal? If you want to rp as a democracy then you can take the benefits and the weaknesses. People who are more goal/game oriented can just switch.

If you want to stop people randomly switching all the time, make the bonus cumulative over time or increase the time between each change.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

For example if you accept that under military rule, the military budget will be more efficient, or under a technocratic government (noocracy) big projects will be cheaper... Then what's the big deal? If you want to rp as a democracy then you can take the benefits and the weaknesses. People who are more goal/game oriented can just switch.

If you want to stop people randomly switching all the time, make the bonus cumulative over time or increase the time between each change.

I probably should of mentioned, I don't have a problem with government bonuses, just the whole "switcheroo game" of cycling through the types (which is lifted almost exactly from Cybernations). Would be OK if the cooldown was longer and you needed to pay money/resources to switch. But your suggestion of cumulative bonus is fine too.

Also, even then, the government types are pretty uninspired tbh, no Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, etc?

Edited by Itani Corsus

the bonuses are what actually matter. telling people to pick cosmetics over winning in a spreadsheet game is, well...

I probably should of mentioned, I don't have a problem with government bonuses, just the whole "switcheroo game" of cycling through the types (which is lifted almost exactly from Cybernations). Would be OK if the cooldown was longer and you needed to pay money/resources to switch. But your suggestion of cumulative bonus is fine too.

Also, even then, the government types are pretty uninspired tbh, no Capitalism, Communism, Fascism, etc?

economics is already in the game, extreme left to right

economics is already in the game, extreme left to right

Which then leaves us with the original question, what purpose do the govt types serve?

• Wiki Mod

Labeling? Thats the issue here, you want to dismantle a functional game mechanic to accommodate RP. If it bothers you that much start a motion to just relabel the options.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• 4 weeks later...