Credits for a national project

Lannan13

I don't really like this idea, since project costs vary so much. Nuclear Research is $50,000,000 while Civil Engineering is $3,000,000. Maybe if it was only for economic projects (minus Trade Center), since those are overlooked. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 4

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I don't really like this idea, since project costs vary so much. Nuclear Research is $50,000,000 while Civil Engineering is $3,000,000. Maybe if it was only for economic projects (minus Trade Center), since those are overlooked. 

^^^ This exactly.

It could be a "pay-per" model where each project's cost would vary based on cost.

What's the proposal here? Use credits to reset the timer for cities, for your national project timer as well? Or actually get a free national project with credits?

Free projects with credits.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

If you want more money at the expense of gameplay, add this, if you want more gameplay at the expense of money, don't add this. Unless you've got unlimited donation caps, the game isn't going to end up and be what's basically described as "Pay To Win".

The effect of this is unlikely to do much more then annoy some people here, as it isn't that much of a problem, you will get people in the lower tiers grabbing nuclear weapons however and using it to nuke people low down, however. They won't be able to fund themselves for nukes at their sizes, but their alliances can easily pay for those costs.

Honestly, you could probably get away with adding this, it might not be the best of changes from a pure gameplay standpoint, but the cash to pay for the server has to come somewhere.

Pay-to-Win trash. No thank you.

I would disagree with you there. I wouldn't call something “Pay To Winâ€, unless the amount you could donate was completely unlimited, allowing you to buy to the number 1 nation overnight. You can't simply buy your way to the top under this proposal. Yes, I agree, this suggestion does give you an advantage in game if you donate, but the advantage is pretty small when compared to how much it could be. Don't forget your credits are still capped at the certain amount and the players here could easily put their money into infra. At a higher level, the cost of infra is actually going to be more then the cost of wonders, so I can't see why it's such a massive deal in that respect.

At the end of the day, Sheepy does need money for the server, if he can't get that money, he's either going to sell the game to a more then most likely less effective admin or he's going to close the game down. I wouldn't want either of those things to happen, so I'm willing to vote in support of this suggestion.

Edited by Omnipotent

Agreed, the balancing would be a nightmare. I think cosmetic customization elements are the best and easier way to go, in the interim. Maybe 1 credit per unit type to let you add picture that represents your forces. And your opponents see that picture in the war screens.

• Upvote 1

You already can use credits for projects. It's called redeeming it for in-game cash.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Pay-to-Win trash. No thank you.

That's already the status quo with the increasing infra per credit. Sure it's not 100 or a large amount, but if someone had the money they could just simply donate on whatever they please to have their infra skyrocket.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1