Ibrahim's Nation and Terrorist Nation Rules

Lu Xun

It means that if I pay 1 credit, I can run multis, harass users, and post offensive images on the boards? No, even if VIP results in lenient treatment, overt rule violations should still be handled. As a corollary, I would like to know why an Islamic State with a capital in Raqqa should not be considered a terrorist-themed nation.

As mentioned before, my problem is with Ibrahim's behavior, not his beliefs. If his behavior crosses the line for what is acceptable for the game and these forums, he should be warned, suspended, then banned, in that order. If his beliefs are lunatic, that is the responsibility of the relevant law enforcement organizations. This is why I encourage him to retheme his nation to something more historical than the terrorist bombings last month and the ISIS-inspired attack last week.

• Upvote 2

It means that if I pay 1 credit, I can run multis, harass users, and post offensive images on the boards? No, even if VIP results in lenient treatment, overt rule violations should still be handled. As a corollary, I would like to know why an Islamic State with a capital in Raqqa should not be considered a terrorist-themed nation.

As mentioned before, my problem is with Ibrahim's behavior, not his beliefs. If his behavior crosses the line for what is acceptable for the game and these forums, he should be warned, suspended, then banned, in that order. If his beliefs are lunatic, that is the responsibility of the relevant law enforcement organizations. This is why I encourage him to retheme his nation to something more historical than the terrorist bombings last month and the ISIS-inspired attack last week.

I agree. Sheepy however doesn't give a shit. As he's made clear numerous times.

• Upvote 5

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

"Islamic State" is more vague of a term than you may expect. There have been several Islamic states in the past, in the form of caliphates and otherwise, and there are modern examples such as Iran and Pakistan (as "Islamic Republics"). Unless solid evidence is provided to prove affiliation with ISIS, having this nation name is not a violation of the game rules.

Jaehaerys made this comment in a game report thread, but I don't believe this is applicable. The argument is that Islamic State is a generic term, but I don't think that's correct.out this page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

Wiki claims that Islamic State is a standardized alternative name for ISIS. Reading the media, Islamic State is also commonly used as a standardized name for ISIS. Also, sourcing another Wiki page, there is no country that has the specific term "Islamic State" as part of its name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alternative_country_names

Clearly, Islamic State is a reference to a terrorist polity and associated organizations. I would much prefer that Ibrahim retheme his nation to something Islam-related, but not Daesh-related, but strictly speaking, only the name is an overt violation of the rules.

Changing the name to Islamic Republic, as cited above, would not be a violation. Changing the name to The Caliphate or Khalifate would oblige Ibrahim's desire to roleplay a terrorist state (whether or not he's a terrorist himself), but it would be sufficiently generic not to directly link him to ISIS. I think I mentioned the Nordreich approach and the Neo-Nazis of Cyber Nations, and the Caliphate would be a sufficient dodge.

P.S. Khilafa is a transliteration of the Arabic term for Caliphate. If the problem is the frequency of complaints, Khilafa is sufficiently generic and obscure that most people will take longer to pick up that Ibrahim is running an ISIS-themed nation.

I personally hold in high regard the Bin Laden family.

They are great people

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

They are responsible for redeveloping Masjid Al Haram

They also own a multimillion dollar company

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

With the discussion progressing here, I think the question has become what specifically is considered a nation name related to terrorism? Where exactly is the line right now, and where should it be?

For example, the player Osama Bin Laden's nation name was changed from Al-Qaeda to "AMERICA IS GREAT". His nation name, obviously, was not considered acceptable and subsequently his nation name was changed. A nation with the obvious name ISIS with the ruler being the current leader of ISIS was banned. Yet Islamic State is currently held as acceptable, while I don't think anyone would dispute the legitimacy of Islamic Republic.

Just to place a similar example, but not in the same terms as what we are currently discussing, let's assume a nation exists with the name Grossdeutsches Reich with the ruler Austrian Colonel. The ruler's innocuous enough, but Grossdeutsches Reich was terminal name of Nazi Germany. Combined with the Austrian Colonel ruler, it's obvious that the user is running a Nazi nation. Would Grossdeutsches Reich be seen as a violation of naming policy in PnW? It's not obviously offensive to English speakers, but it's an oblique way of saying that your nation is the Third Reich.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 2

With the discussion progressing here, I think the question has become what specifically is considered a nation name related to terrorism? Where exactly is the line right now, and where should it be?

For example, the player Osama Bin Laden's nation name was changed from Al-Qaeda to "AMERICA IS GREAT". That, obviously, was not considered acceptable and subsequently his nation name was changed. A nation with the obvious name ISIS with the ruler being the current leader of ISIS was banned. Yet Islamic State is currently held as acceptable, while I don't think anyone would dispute the legitimacy of Islamic Republic.

I'd add that the term "Islamic State" has become synonymous with the terrorist organization waging war in the middle east. Sorry guys, but that's actually true. 

His capital is Raqqa and his cities are all around actual RL ISIS territory. Like, it's happening right now. People are being killed while we are discussing this. I mean, Caliphate isn't even really offensive. His name, cities, and the arguments he produces in debates from a Salafist POV just kind of give off the wrong vibe there, you know?  -_-

Of all the questions he has answered on these forums the one he hasn't is whether he thinks Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, current ruler of ISIS is the true Caliph. 

IDK what should be done.

What does the staff think about ISIS? Obviously a lot of people just aren't very into it these days. 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I'd add that the term "Islamic State" has become synonymous with the terrorist organization waging war in the middle east. Sorry guys, but that's actually true. 

His capital is Raqqa and his cities are all around actual RL ISIS territory. Like, it's happening right now. People are being killed while we are discussing this.

it is obvious terrorist he is and support isis he needs to be remove or harm game

They need to see the light at the end of the tunnel

The term "islamic state" is a wide one, and while it is quite probably correct that ISIL is the one that Ibrahim refers to, it isn't possible to know for sure.

To start, Islamic State can refer to literally any Theocracy that follows Islam. Current Islamic States include Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Sudan, Mauritania, and to a lesser extent, Pakistan.

Just by official name, even, several countries have once been referred to as "The Islamic State of [...]"

That rule is not basis for his removal yet, though if he is shown to be expressing direct support for ISIS it is probable that he'll be removed from the game.

• Administrators

Yeah, but only one has its capital in Raqqa.

And let's not forget his reports from the test server.

That's actually not true either.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

What is wrong with naming a city after a city.

Yeah, but only one has its capital in Raqqa.

And let's not forget his reports from the test server.

Its proclaimed capital is Mosul