Other languages?

Vosunda

Noticed the name, did wonder if you spoke Welsh. If I remember the lessons I had correctly, sut wyt ti?

I am good thanks!

I use Welsh occasionally but not fluent, so I mostly speak English with the Valleys dialect. I think of some words in Welsh, especially numbers, I can read Welsh well enough. Most of the Welsh I know is from primary school.

• Upvote 1

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

I speak pretty dang good Spanish but I'm not fluent yet.

On my to learn list:

Italian (similar to Spanish and heritage)

Portuagese (so much like Spanish)

Hebrew (heritage) 

German (Germany is cool)

Arabic (Lots of places to visit, lots of cool people to meet)

Have you thought of picking up some Ladino if your heritage lies in the Mediterranean and Judaic descent?

Why the !@#$ do you want to learn Icelandic?

Icelandic contains the most root word blocks for understanding the original Norse Language group. Every Historian, Archaeologist and Professor I have met who has studied Norse History suggested to me to learn the Icelandic language. So I am! I would love to delve further into Norse History.

Edited by VasiliusKonstantinos
  • Upvote 1

I've gotten the hang of Swedish and English. I can speak a certain Arabic dialect but I can't write or read in it. I knew some Japanese and French but I pissed it all away.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Which Arabic?

Maghrebi Arabic, primarely Moroccan but I can sorta understand tunisian and algerian arabic as well.

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Only English because you know why

Yeeeeeaaaaaaahha!  You know what time it is!!!!  Fluent in American and dabble a little in Jive and Ebonics.  Fo shizzle on my nizzle....you dig?  The last two can be used mixed as demonstrated.

X4EfkAB.png

Learning Swedish, hoping to move onto Norwegian after that.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with, Swedish can be quite tricky when it comes to grammar.

• Upvote 2

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Really?  From my studying of Norwegian, I've had absolutely 0 problems with the grammar.

Some have it easier than others I guess, but a lot of people have a hard time learning fundamental grammar rules because they don't follow logical patterns. Which is why it's generally easier to just ask someone who has it as their first language than to just force yourself to get it down.

• Upvote 1

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Fluent: English

Conversational: Portuguese

Reading: Spanish, because Portuguese.

- Saopha Legatus Calas Vaduum, Lord General Big Shots of Charming Friends

We are the c h a̼̻Í̖͇ r m i̇͡ n g f r i e n d s and we are t͙̙̹͎̻͓̭͢͜͢h̢̘͕̪̹͓̟͉̰̀̕Ì̯͎̫͈̬͓eÌ¡ÍžÌ™Ì¬Í‰Ì²ÌœÍ Í҉̥̖̮̠͇͔̙͓͠c̀͜͢Í̟͖̳̠̕r̲͚͖̩͜͞͞ự̡̲̳̖̀̕͠ÌÍ̞̠̪͙Í̤̠e̢̡̜̗̬̩̭͇̟͉̱̜l̛͟Í͎͔̲̫͇̜̙͚eÍÍ̟̱̭͎͎̖̗͚͚̦̼̕sÍœÍ̵̡͕̙̬̹͈̺̯̣̱̱̗̩̼͟Ì̯̺͈t̀͠͞͞Ì̜̫̩̟̙͔ ̡̛҉̙̘̼͚̙̀͟ÍÍ͓̱̲͓̻̗oÍ̸Í̸͔̤̼̩̳͎͔͈͢f̶̴̢̬̺͔̮̱̫͓̘͟ ̢͉̞̪̦̣̼͓͞Í̫̻̹͖͉̮͇͙ͅf͘̕ÍÍ¢Í͕̻̱Ì̞̫͖̹̫͔̳oÍ̴̘̣̟̪̞̱͙̣̭̞̭̥̘͕͜ÌeÍ̢̯̪̙̪͜͜͞s̸͟Í͙̲̣̜̲̞̜͇̲̤̮̗͔͇͈̺̯

Qc9CHg7.png

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with, Swedish can be quite tricky when it comes to grammar.

I'm resuming my studies in a bit, but I'll definitely take you up on that.

Native English, my French is probably basic now, and I can transliterate Russian (which doesn't count for shit). 

For a very short while I could read Church Slavonic, but I have forgotton most of it, except how to correctly pronounce Tebe Poem!

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Icelandic contains the most root word blocks for understanding the original Norse Language group. Every Historian, Archaeologist and Professor I have met who has studied Norse History suggested to me to learn the Icelandic language. So I am! I would love to delve further into Norse History.

Thought you might enjoy this:

hafnawhat.jpg

• Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1