Space Exploration?

penguincascadia

Just musing about an random idea I had, but what if we could fund space exploration programs as a bonus to long time players who have nations that can spare the cash and resources?  They could claim areas of planets and asteroids, mine resources, build colonies, and fight wars in space.  As a bonus, it would be a cash sink for nations who are very powerful.  I'm thinking about rules something along the lines of this:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/47055/high-frontier

• Upvote 2

The Pakistani Space Programâ„¢ has been established for some time and we would welcome our glorious Pak 47® facilities in Orbis

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The Green Sphere likes to kill each other.

In this case it was me vs. thedark and syrup. 

I feel happy yet ever so sad!

I claim Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, alpha centuri, andromeda, alderann's moon, coresant, and minor universe 31b

Hope you don't claim Myanus!

LTcxGHN.jpg

While, I am not supportive of the space war suggestion, I think having a space colony as a project would be a good idea. Perhaps it could increase the output of uranium mines or decrease power plant/resource upkeep due to the advanced technology required to develop it.

While, I am not supportive of the space war suggestion, I think having a space colony as a project would be a good idea. Perhaps it could increase the output of uranium mines or decrease power plant/resource upkeep due to the advanced technology required to develop it.

YES PLEASE

I want to invest say, $5M amount into my space project/per day. I will acquire this % of land on mars/per day as my colony. The benefits will be into resource production.

That will be so f in cool since we can choose to invest more in our standing in Orbis or in Space.

I feel a nation to start colonzing space would need "a Space Program". And allocate budget into it per turn for per % of land on Mars or other planets.

Edited by Ace

~

tumblr_lvdwo8dqCe1qcm0i5o2_r1_250.gif

" Fighting through the Storm "

~

YES PLEASE

I want to invest say, $5M amount into my space project/per day. I will acquire this % of land on mars/per day as my colony. The benefits will be into resource production.

That will be so f in cool since we can choose to invest more in our standing in Orbis or in Space.

I feel a nation to start colonzing space would need "a Space Program". And allocate budget into it per turn for per % of land on Mars or other planets.

Yes! So smaller nations can allocate a smaller budget and a larger nation would have a larger budget! Fair as can be! Just hope we can't mine any resources there otherwise that would be so fair!

LTcxGHN.jpg

Yes! So smaller nations can allocate a smaller budget and a larger nation would have a larger budget! Fair as can be! Just hope we can't mine any resources there otherwise that would be so fair!

Well... it's the classical realism vs balance discussion. Some people say there's no 1-right answer how to go about this.

Looking at our world today, only USA, Russia, China, Japan or advanced countries of those sorts are able to have space programs. No developing nations.

Honestly I feel, it wouldn't go so wrong for the game either. Our new color-treasure system isn't necessarily balanced either. Only top alliances will be able to have any influence on them.

There's no chance a small alliance will be able to take a treasure off a big alliance, and expect to hold it for long.

The point of balance is at... the more we invest in space-program, the less we invest in our own nations. We will be weaker in Orbis as we gain foothold on the Moon and Mars.

Probably we can discuss the balance on there while still keeping the realism.

Edited by Ace
  • Upvote 1

~

tumblr_lvdwo8dqCe1qcm0i5o2_r1_250.gif

" Fighting through the Storm "

~

Space war=Star wars I want space wars, NOW

• Upvote 1

Gary Johnson 2016

i'd maybe wanna get into the orbital death ray business. i dunno. just maybe.

i'm gonna play devil's advocate: since the game isn't necessarily balanced everywhere--a thing players accept--perhaps spaaaaaace could be implemented without such a meticulous regard for balance.

point is it would be fun, buds.

XNr461s.pngo n t i s m

you're gonna have a bad time.

Hmm

Like in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)?

Any way but that.  Over there, the "moon/mars wonders" didn't really add as much to the game as they could have.  But like so many other things over there, lots of potential, not enough development time.

• Upvote 1