Orbis currency to US Dollar?

Speaker Faris Wheeler

How would somebody estimate the difference between the Orbis Dollar and the US Dollar?

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

How would somebody estimate the difference between the Orbis Dollar and the US Dollar?

A different picture on a website..... That's about it....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

One could do the math on the prices of goods in-game compared to prices IRL, assuming that's what you're talking about. But that gets complicated. :P

Yes, but if you look at market prices and irl market prices, PnW market prices are higher. But then if you look at the cost of a Farm, its $1,000 in game, and prolly 7-15 million irl.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

• Administrators

You can use Credits as the intermediary for conversion. 1 Credit = about $5 USD, and 1 Credit = about $1,000,000 in-game. Obviously there's some fluctuation there, as you can sell credits for more than that sometimes, and you can get credits at a smaller USD cost if you buy in bulk. But we can say those "cancel" each other out, and just call it $5 USD = $1,000,000 in-game.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Interesting, if you use that rate and look at the total liquid cash available in the game, it comes out to approximate $16,000 worth in USD. 

https://politicsandwar.com/worldmap/

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So basically, $5 USD = 1 Credit = $1,000,000 so that means Every USD = $200,000

So EVERYBODY GO AND BUT A FARM THER ARE WORTH 1/2 A PENNY

Interesting, if you use that rate and look at the total liquid cash available in the game, it comes out to approximate $16,000 worth in USD. 

https://politicsandwar.com/worldmap/

Yeah, $16,120,000,000 OD / $200,000 OD = $80,600 USD

More than your calculations Sheepster

• Administrators

Yeah, $16,120,000,000 OD / $200,000 OD = $80,600 USD

More than your calculations Sheepster

Oh, you're right! I divided by $1,000,000 instead of $200,000. My mistake, it's valued at even more! :o

Forums Rules | Game Link

Using credits to base the conversion of USD to Orbis currency is rather lame. The conversion should be dependent on something other than pay-to-play currency, such as average wages, market costs, military enlistment, etc.

• Upvote 1

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

I think the best way to describe this in RL equivalent is like Venezuela's currency.  In PW there is an official rate of $200,000 OB for every $1 US but there is a "black market" rate also known as the market rate that fluctuates based on supply and demand.  This is like Venezuela's currency and since I do not feel like writing on something this complicated as I am not an expert I have supplied an experts commentary below.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-26/venezuela-s-currency-just-collapsed-30-on-the-black-market

Edited by Redrum

• 1 month later...

In real life. A ton of steel is worth $129 approx. in orbis it's worth around $3100

So 1 orbis dollar is worth $23.85 USD

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason