spy system changes

popnfrresh

I thought the same nation could only be spied 3 times not 4

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Be better at using spies

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

There has already been a long, disgusting lengthy discussion on how spies should work, and this is our best conclusion. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

@metro. Nailed it. MOD's close this thread. Metro has solved the problem.

Solution - Use spies better.

Seriously though. Returning to max spies, or having defense against spies needs to be improved or changed. There should be no reason why 4 attacks can cripple you for a month.

This was absolutely horrific.

I like having a high spy build during Peace time. 

I build spies everyday for months, login everyday to do so. Spies were better back then. Now they they are limited too much, but all the talking about it won't bring it back. What done is done now  -_-

Edited by Lord Frostsword

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

Lord Frostsword launches nukes faster than I can spy them away therefore the spy operation cap should be increased.

pls respond ;_;

lol. The spy system isn't as potent as it was. It's not completely dead, but it's pretty close to it. I don't know of any alliance that actually uses spies offensively in a server war. Probably to hit a specific target that has like 10 nukes stacked, but that's still pretty lame. Under the old system, having someone in your alliance with a lot of spies was actually useful and strategic. Now it's been reduced to the best way for dealing with nuclear rouges. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

lol. The spy system isn't as potent as it was. It's not completely dead, but it's pretty close to it. I don't know of any alliance that actually uses spies offensively in a server war. Probably to hit a specific target that has like 10 nukes stacked, but that's still pretty lame. Under the old system, having someone in your alliance with a lot of spies was actually useful and strategic. Now it's been reduced to the best way for dealing with nuclear rouges. 

true  -_-

Lord Frostsword launches nukes faster than I can spy them away therefore the spy operation cap should be increased.

pls respond ;_;

Snowman got to fight back somehow  a3db1d5968f17763167ea5e4d965bb5f.png

navyship.png

Frostsword is love. Frostsword is life.

Spy offense is way too overpowered now.

Twice in the last 2 wars, I have been spied 4x and had all my spies killed off. Then all the nukes were killed off. Then all the missiles. 4 spy assassinations and you are utterly defenseless for the next month. Not only that, but you are utterly offenseless for the next month as well.

Something needs to be changed so 4 spy assassinations to you are not crippled.

Reduce the amount of assassinated spies.

Change to spy offense and defense. Spies, and Counter-espionage.

Twice in the last 2 wars, I have been spied 4x and had all my spies killed off. Then all the nukes were killed off. Then all the missiles. 4 spy assassinations and you are utterly defenseless for the next month. Not only that, but you are utterly offenseless for the next month as well.

You could change the way you play the game. Just because you think stockpiling nukes is good does not mean that it is good or that it should somehow be a protected form of gameplay.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Spies are used defensively, meaning they don't contribute towards infra damage or ground victories. If you got spied 4 times and had all your nukes lost, chances are, those 4 times weren't by a single person over a 4 day period. Which means, you got ganged, and in this game, it's not uncommon to have 3 people screw you over. 

To put it in perspective, if three people ganged you on a ground battle with everyone having max troops,  it won't take 4 money-consuming operations and a high failure rate to grind you to zero. 

That being said, if any of you think increasing the purchasing limit of spies is a good idea, you just killed the entire purpose of spies. The more spies you have, the harder it is to spy your nukes and missiles (which is what spying only good for). So, if in one day you can purchase enough spies to shoot the operational failure rate up, you effectively kill spies as an offensive use. 

If you also think it's a good idea to reduce the number of spies killed in a successful operation, you are also likewise killing spies. The longer it takes someone to zero your spies, the longer it takes to spy away your nuclear weapons and missiles. It also substantially increases the cost, making it not worth it to spy, thus still killing spies. 

This debate has been going on longer than any of you have been on this game. Establishing a hard cap, reducing the kill rate from 50% to 25% +4, reducing the base operational success rate, obscuring spy counts, and establishing a spy range are all reasonable changes to the system that still allows spying to be worth it (at least on guys with nukes). If any of you honestly think this system is still unfair, what you should do is try to actually use spies offensively, notice how difficult it really is, and actually come back with a viable plan on how to change spies without A. turning it into a useless component of the game by killing offensive spying and B. without making it "unfair" for other players.

Point is, it sucks to suck having three people gang you, so the lesson should not be "Oh, spies are bad, change the system" but "Oh, I should get better allies."