Belief-O-Matic

Doktor Avalanche

Ever wondered what you are best associated with, spiritually or reigiously?

Well, now you can find out by taking this short, twenty question quiz which can answer that lifelong question about the ultimate, shift-changing Spaghetti Monster worshipping freaks whom you probably relate to best! In ay case, here is the link:

http://selectsmart.com/religion/

Post your winning resuklts, as everyone is a winner!

Note- Mine came out kind of odd, but semi-close, as my faith is not one of those listed.

I got Reform Judaism. Even though I'm a Catholic.

Edited by idp5601

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

1. Neo-Pagan

2. Unitarian Universalism

3. New Age

4. Mahayana Buddhism

5. Theravada Buddhism

6. Taoism

I've never heard of most of these :P

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

You guys are all messed up it seems. Let me take this test... I bet everyone will be surprised ¬_¬

1. Islam (100%)

Yep, we're all the ones messed up. That's why we all got perma-banned from an IRC network for hate speech, and not you, right? Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

Yep, we're all the ones messed up. That's why we all got perma-banned from an IRC network for hate speech, and not you, right?

Who say's I'm not on IRC? And, merely informing a highly ignorant person of America's export/import business (exporting soldiers and importing body bags/coffins) is not exactly what I or any sane person would consider hate speech that warrants a permanent ban. :P

export-import.jpg

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

You guys are all messed up it seems. Let me take this test... I bet everyone will be surprised ¬_¬

1. Islam (100%)

No s**t, Sherlock!

Edited by idp5601

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Secular Humanism (100%)
Unitarian Universalism (91%)
Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (81%)
Non-theist (78%)
Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (65%)

Kinda funny that none of them are Islam.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

1. Secular Humanism (100% - other quizzes told me the same answer, and I feel like it's a perfect match for me)

2. Non-theist (89% - not surprising; I live my day-to-day life without worrying about the presence of any eventual deities)

3. Unitarian Universalism (84% - interesting, hadn't heard of it before but it does fit me well, as I do believe there is wisdom to be found within the world's religions)

And there you go. I enjoy these little quizzes that try to determine something about yourself.

• Upvote 1

p15IoNT.gif

Doesn't seem hugely wrong I suppose. 

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)

2. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (92%)

3. Secular Humanism (82%)

4. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (72%)

5. Neo-Pagan (69%)

6. Reform Judaism (67%)

7. New Thought (66%)

8. Taoism (66%)

9. New Age (61%)

10. Non-theist (60%)

11. Mahayana Buddhism (54%)

12. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (49%)

13. Scientology (49%)

14. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (45%)

15. Sikhism (38%)

16. Theravada Buddhism (37%)

17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (31%)

18. Bahai (30%)

19. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (23%)

20. Islam (21%)

21. Jainism (21%)

22. Orthodox Judaism (18%)

23. Hinduism (17%)

24. Eastern Orthodox (13%)

25. Roman Catholic (13%)

26. Seventh Day Adventist (10%)

27. Jehovahs Witness (0%)

1. Mainline Liberal Christian Protestants 100% (Ding-ding, I'd put my ideal church somewhere between very liberal Lutheran and Northern Methodist)

2. Liberal Quaker 97%

3. Orthodox Quaker 85% (I had no idea there were multiple Quaker sects)

4. Unitarian Universalism 83% (Out of all the flavors of Christianity, UU is the porridge flavor, I can't imagine practicing it)

5. Reform Judaism 77% (It's a bit interesting that the liberal branches of Christianity and Judaism have more in common with each other than the conservative branches of their own faiths, but it's probably a side effect of the quiz structure).

As a followup I took their Christian sect selection quiz, surprise surprise: 75% Lutheran, 75% Methodist. Although I did score 100% Anglican, a sect that I don't really know much about being originally from Minnesota where it was Lutheran, Catholic, and other.

1. Non-theist (100%)

2. Theravada Buddhism (98%)

3. Unitarian Universalism (89%)

4. Sikhism (84%)

5. Bahai (84%)

6. Jainism (84%)

7. Mahayana Buddhism (75%)

8. Secular Humanism (74%)

9. Scientology (71%)

10. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (69%)

11. Taoism (67%)

12. Islam (67%)

13. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (66%)

14. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (59%)

15. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (57%)

16. Reform Judaism (57%)

17. Hinduism (56%)

18. New Age (53%)

19. New Thought (53%)

20. Orthodox Judaism (52%)

21. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (51%)

22. Eastern Orthodox (48%)

23. Roman Catholic (48%)

24. Neo-Pagan (47%)

25. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (42%)

26. Seventh Day Adventist (40%)

27. Jehovahs Witness (24%)

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

As a followup I took their Christian sect selection quiz, surprise surprise: 75% Lutheran, 75% Methodist. Although I did score 100% Anglican, a sect that I don't really know much about being originally from Minnesota where it was Lutheran, Catholic, and other.

Anglicans aka Episcopalians have female Bishops, gay Priests and an open communion. They are the Church of England and as such recognize the Archbishop of Canterbury as their Spiritual Father. In any case they are considered to be a Liberal sect who also offers, depending on the parish, a high church setting.

Edited by VasiliusKonstantinos

Anglicans aka Episcopalians have female Bishops, gay Priests and an open communion. They are the Church of England and as such recognize the Archbishop of Canterbury as their Spiritual Father. In any case they are considered to be a Liberal sect who also offers, depending on the parish, a high church setting.

That's good to know. If I end up long term in a community with an Episcopal church I may have to check it out. Liberal doctrine with High Church services tends to be what I prefer. At that point the local difference between Lutheran, Methodist, and Episcopal might be the quality of the pastor. Although, when I was a practicing Methodist, I did miss the tiny wafers and terrible wine. 

• Upvote 1

gay Priests

Do they read the part in the bible were God instructs the stoning to death of those who engage in acts of homosexuality during church service or do they conveniently leave that part out? And, what if a Christian worshiper were to read that particular passage inside the church? This reminds me of the "atheist priest" (a woman) who sued her church after they fired her for overtly preaching atheism during church service. I'm honestly curious as to how they manage such a contradictory role and whether or not they feel a sense of hypocrisy. Someone should make a documentary about this. :)

ztt5Wgs.png

Do they read the part in the bible were God instructs the stoning to death of those who engage in acts of homosexuality during church service or do they conveniently leave that part out? And, what if a Christian worshiper were to read that particular passage inside the church? This reminds me of the "atheist priest" (a woman) who sued her church after they fired her for overtly preaching atheism during church service. I'm honestly curious as to how they manage such a contradictory role and whether or not they feel a sense of hypocrisy. Someone should make a documentary about this. :)

No, but they read the part about love thy neighbor. Maybe it's not in the Quran.

• Upvote 2

This reminds me of the "atheist priest" (a woman) who sued her church after they fired her for overtly preaching atheism during church service. I'm honestly curious as to how they manage such a contradictory role and whether or not they feel a sense of hypocrisy. Someone should make a documentary about this. :)

Many found it a scandal regarding the appointment of a known homosexual Bishop here in the US. Bishop Gene Robinson went through everything from hate mail, death threats and whatnot. His story can be found here==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson

There are some documentary movies on Youtube on his story from both perspectives, if you look for them.

Can't we avoid turning this thread into yet another Ibrahim vs. Everyone Else thread? I think there are already plenty enough such threads.

I just wanted to take a fun little quiz and read others' results. :(

I completely agree.

My particular practice is not on the listing but my result was close:

Hinduism 100%

Many found it a scandal regarding the appointment of a known homosexual Bishop here in the US. Bishop Gene Robinson went through everything from hate mail, death threats and whatnot. His story can be found here==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Robinson

There are some documentary movies on Youtube on his story from both perspectives, if you look for them.

Was he engaging in acts of homosexuality while he was priest? If so, then I can understand the outrage.

You can't just hijack their religion.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png