Nuclear Winter

Bambino

In light of all the nukes that have been flying over the world, it'd be interesting to have a "nuclear winter" as a consequence of people flinging these weapons at each other.  Obviously the mechanics could be left up to Sheepy or the "development" team, but I was thinking maybe -30% on each season and every city on orbis gets like 20 pollution after x number of nukes are detonated within x number of real days (or game days, however you want).  So a summer rather than being +20% food production would be -10% food production and a winter would be -50%.  Just a thought.  It would certainly make people think twice before going for full scale nuclear barrages.

• Upvote 4

In light of all the nukes that have been flying over the world, it'd be interesting to have a "nuclear winter" as a consequence of people flinging these weapons at each other.  Obviously the mechanics could be left up to Sheepy or the "development" team, but I was thinking maybe -30% on each season and every city on orbis gets like 20 pollution after x number of nukes are detonated within x number of real days (or game days, however you want).  So a summer rather than being +20% food production would be -10% food production and a winter would be -50%.  Just a thought.  It would certainly make people think twice before going for full scale nuclear barrages.

I like the idea and think it has potential. :)

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

How a full scale famine happens:

1. Nation A loses all its food because it has negative food production currently.

2. Famine causes money revenue to go negative.

3. Nation A runs out of money so it can't buy food to make money go back to positive.

4. Nobody helps Nation A.

5. Nation A is screwed until summer comes. And if that was the summer, Nation A's leader might as well just destroy it's nation.

• Upvote 1

This is very small

It would certainly make people think twice before going for full scale nuclear barrages.

No it wouldn't.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

^That

(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) have global radiation thing that increases for each nukes fired and reduces... something, idk. The effect on income is quite immense on everyone, and yet in every war people never hesitated to launch nukes. Nuclear winter? They will laugh at your dwindling food supply as they sit on their 200 days worth of food

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

That's why PnW the effect of nuclear winter must be more severe than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Everygone got 50% disease in their cities, famines for everyone as mentioned before, commerce reduced by 70%. Maybe there should be a National Project that reduces the effects of nuclear winter.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

If the effect is on the nation hit with nuke then It sounds fair but if it affects every city , even those not involved in war or didn't use nuke then is not so fair.

I mean lets say someone sits out one war and yet still get affected with reducing food? is it fair?

It's a good idea

It just shouldn't be as so severe to make everyone go broke

Would be interesting to see food become an important commodity, an expensive commodity :P

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

If the effect is on the nation hit with nuke then It sounds fair but if it affects every city , even those not involved in war or didn't use nuke then is not so fair.

I mean lets say someone sits out one war and yet still get affected with reducing food? is it fair?

That would make nukes way overpowered. You would just sit back, nuke and not give a crap.

6XmKiC2.png

That would make nukes way overpowered. You would just sit back, nuke and not give a crap.

Isn't that how it is anyway?

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."