GOP Debate who do you think did the best?

Speaker Faris Wheeler

45 members have voted

1. 1. GOP Candidates

• Donald Trump
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Dr Ben Carson
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Lindsay Graham
    • Ted Cruz
    • Chris Christie
    • Jim Gilmore
    • John Kasich
    • George Pataki
    • Rand Paul
    • Rick Perry
    • Rick Santorum
    • Scott Walker

Vote who you think did the best in the debate last nght.

Multiple Choice

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Voted both Rubio and Trump, for vastly different reasons. I think of the professionals, Rubio came off the best and probably ticked a lot of republican boxes... Trump will not be disappointed with his performance though, it will keep his name in the media plenty longer yet.

The best performance was wasted on the "non prime-time" early debate where Carly Fiorina represented well.  As for the Prime-time event I thought that Trump, Carson and Walker presented fairly well, with the only LOSER being Rand Paul who just tried WAY too hard to get a good shot in others rather than actually discussing what ideas he does / doesn't bring to the table. 

Walker had the "line" of the night with his comment about Russia knowing more about Clinton's e-mail server than the US Congress.  Overall it was about what I expected, with Trump being abrasive, Carson not drawing enough attention, Walker and Bush being statesman, Cruz talking about too much detail despite having good points, Paul being a horse's ass and most of the others not really standing out.

Didn't watch the debate myself but I'm curious.  Did any of them bring up Benghazi?  Just curious how desperate they all are.

Not sure how that would show 'desperation'...many (if not most Americans) find the handling of that situation deplorable.  It isn't the number one issue many are voting on, but most everyone I've heard talk about it would count it as a negative mark for Hillary.  That being said, if we were to rank the issues that will drive voters to and from a candidate in this next election I don't think Benghazi will be a primary factor in the election.  I heard a number of candidates discuss Hillary's e-mails (somewhat related to Benghazi), and her lack of trustworthiness...but I don't recall any of them directly mentioning Benghazi.

I think the top issues in this next election will be the economy & addressing immigration (whether through reform, enforcement or some combination of both)...

Edited by Yukon Don

Not sure how that would show 'desperation'...many (if not most Americans) find the handling of that situation deplorable.  It isn't the number one issue many are voting on, but most everyone I've heard talk about it would count it as a negative mark for Hillary.  That being said, if we were to rank the issues that will drive voters to and from a candidate in this next election I don't think Benghazi will be a primary factor in the election.  I heard a number of candidates discuss Hillary's e-mails (somewhat related to Benghazi), and her lack of trustworthiness...but I don't recall any of them directly mentioning Benghazi.

I think the top issues in this next election will be the economy & addressing immigration (whether through reform, enforcement or some combination of both)...

American here. I don't give a flying !@#$ about Benghazi. It happened get over it.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Didn't watch the debate myself but I'm curious.  Did any of them bring up Benghazi?  Just curious how desperate they all are.

No because that's only one of the reasons that Hilary is a horrible candidate. I mean if you for some reason like a wishy washy and indecisive leader that has even less of a backbone than Obama then yes she's prefect.

• Upvote 2

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Irrelevant who actually did best. Trump is getting the major attention so he wins by default. Rand Paul seems to have a little of his father in him which is the problem because if he had more he might not have put on that dreadful performance (biggest loser to me). 

It is quite clear the person they need to go with to stand a chance is Trump. Whatever people think his chance of winning is it'll at least not be the 0 it'll be if they don't go with him and he still runs independently. Both Sanders and Clinton are weak opponents very vulnerable to the mud no doubt ready for them so I'd not say the result is a certainty whoever represents the democrats.

overall, I liked a few, but I have to say, Trumps beginning comment about Rosie O'donald will go down as one of the funniest things ever said at a political debate! for those who didn't see it, I assure you, it was put on Youtube before the debate was over. but other than that, Trump was fairly tame... for Trump. I liked his attitude about how he really did not care what media thought of him, he had his ideas, he was going to run with them, and if you don't like it, well, that's up to you. He doesn't try to please everyone, he tries to wake us up about how we are sinking and sinking fast. He does want to be politically correct because we haven't figured out how to be politically correct and get s*** done at the same time.

"Head-shots for days"

Terrible Debate

Not even a mention of these major issues

Climate Change

Social Inequality

Citizens United

Student Debt

Community-Police Relations

If trumps bubble doesn't burst there is no chance the Republicans take back the White House. His great policies are about as indepth as a two year old. "ill repeal Obamacare and replace it with something terrific."

Do any of the Republican candidates realize women can vote ?

Edited by Hysteria
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

I think they assume they'll vote the way their sons, husbands, and fathers tell them to. Consider it a foretaste of future misogyny.

Edited by Solomon

6hu5nt.jpg

No because that's only one of the reasons that Hilary is a horrible candidate. I mean if you for some reason like a wishy washy and indecisive leader that has even less of a backbone than Obama then yes she's prefect.

Just because I find the GOP candidates to be a combination of imbeciles and demagogues doesn't mean I have the slightest support towards Hillary Clinton, to me she is just Republican lite and the epitome of a politician who will say/do whatever it takes to win.  Not a single principle to be found there. 

Terrible Debate

Climate Change

Social Inequality

Citizens United

Student Debt

If trumps bubble doesn't burst there is no chance the Republicans take back the White House. His great policies are about as indepth as a two year old. "ill repeal Obamacare and replace it with something terrific."

Primary voters don't care about that, goes to such "issues" like guns, Obama and the whatever the current organization that is being attacked, ACORN, Planned Parenthood, whatever red meat can be waved in front of people to get them to the polls in a rage.

There are no men like me, there is only me

So true, but if there were fewer candidates, maybe they could have touched on such subjects, who ever heard of 17 candidates just for one party. F that, 5 candidates tops. Rand Paul can be thrown out now as far as I am concerned, he did far worse than I expected.

"Head-shots for days"

Kasich and Rubio came off as the least Abrasive and Insane for the most part.

Trump was amazing entertainment though and watching Fox News fail at trying to shut him down was hilarious and well worth the price of admission.

None of them. Nothing important was even discussed. It was just another Trump fiasco and a night of personal jabs. Stupid... But hey, it's Fox News so......

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

None of them. Nothing important was even discussed. It was just another Trump fiasco and a night of personal jabs. Stupid... But hey, it's Fox News so......

You mean news in general I mean come on every news corporation has its biases and yes Fox is the worst. Too bad all of the democrats suck too.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Terrible Debate

Climate Change

Social Inequality

Citizens United

Student Debt

>"Major issues"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get a job, hippie.

#cantstumpthetrump

Edited by Severus Ryan
  • Upvote 2

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

>"Major issues"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get a job, hippie.

#cantstumpthetrump

I sincerely hope you are joking.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

6m0xPQ1.gif

I sincerely hope you are joking.

Hes either a terrible troll or terribly stupid 

#feelthebern 

Edited by Hysteria

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

Terrible Debate

Climate Change

Social Inequality

Citizens United

Student Debt

I'll try to make this more thought out for you than the last guy...I'd still say I agree with the last guy that those aren't the major issues for many people.  

Climate change - Many conservatives question how much human factors affect climate change, with some having a more extreme view that any shifts to the climate are naturally occurring cycles. Hard to call that a major issue in a Republican primary race.  Personally, it's not major for me as I find other issues more important, not because of the veracity of the issue.

Social Inequality - Not sure what you're getting at there, but I grew up in a lower income family, worked my ass off through college, and building up to a reasonable career.  I don't believe there is near the inequality that the news media presents.  

Community Police-relations - There are bad cops out there...see the jackass in Dallas who pointed his gun at teenagers at a pool party.  However a number of the national news stories where cops are being indicted, they aren't convicted because they actually did the right thing.  Hell, does it suck that a kid (often a minority one) is dead...YES.  But if said kid is assaulting a cop that's kinda what I'd expect as a result.  Is it an issue, yes in many localities.  Is it a national issue...I guess that depends on where you live.

Student Debt - the larger issue here is the economy and number of good jobs.  If you have a better job out of college you can pay your debt.  Yes it sucks to get out of college with a $250K debt load....maybe some people should consider going to a less expensive college (I did)...or holding a job to pay part of college as you go (again, I did)...It is a harder path, but the most rewarding paths usually are...

Citizens United - This covers a span of issues...but yeah, bottom line if you're in support of this what you're looking for is a "non-establishment" candidate.  The Republican field has at least 2-3 of those (Trump, Fiorina, & Carson...with a question on how disconnected Trump really is...I know a number of conservatives who think Trump is planning a 3rd party run to ensure Clinton a victory)

I'd argue that for the audience they were trying to reach, the major issues are...

1) The Economy

a) Job Creation

B) tax reform (many would like to see a 'fair tax' or similar fix to reduce the IRS)

c) the national debt...

2) Immigration

a) how to secure borders to ensure this isn't an ongoing problem

B) some type of actual guest worker program / path to citizenship

3) Social Issues - people stand on different sides of many issues, but issues like marriage laws, religious freedom, etc are hot topics currently

4) National Security / Foreign affairs

a) Why do we give massive amounts of foreign aid to countries that don't like / respect America?

B) Trade balance

c) Treaties that makes sense for us and our allies...not our enemies.