Fixing Alliance Bank Raiding

LordRahl2

I think the topic says it all.  I know the mechanic caused issues with alliance banks disappearing however there must be some way to fix this.  I believe this is the only reason it was removed and is part of how the game was intended to be played.  If I am in error than I apologize.

As it stands people can simply hide any amount of money and resources in their alliance bank and this makes conducting meaningful warfare much harder.  I guess I could go on but I will stop there.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

I think it was on Sheepy's long list of to-do.

So I suppose I am asking for it to be moved above other action items.  Particularly since it directly influences the intended game-play.

• Administrators

Yup, this is something that I'll be working on soon. I'll also probably change resource looting a bit, so that you loot manufactured resources (gasoline, munitions, aluminum, and steel) instead of the ones you do currently.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yup, this is something that I'll be working on soon. I'll also probably change resource looting a bit, so that you loot manufactured resources (gasoline, munitions, aluminum, and steel) instead of the ones you do currently.

:blink:

My stockpiles!  :angry:

Dope.

T7Vrilp.png

I actually feel like making banks secure isn't such a bad thing and actually injects some more strategy into the game.  After all, you can deposit stuff into the bank and it'll be safe but during war you're certain to be blockaded and thus will be unable to access anything you've deposited.  So you have to balance the security of keeping your stuff in the bank with the need to ensure its availability.

Edited by HM Solomon I

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

I actually feel like making banks secure isn't such a bad thing and actually injects some more strategy into the game.  After all, you can deposit stuff into the bank and it'll be safe but during war you're certain to be blockaded and thus will be unable to access anything you've deposited.  So you have to balance the security of keeping your stuff in the bank with the need to ensure its availability.

Poring everything into an invincible bank is not strategy.

• Upvote 1

Poring everything into an invincible bank is not strategy.

Except alliance banks can't fight, only nations can and blockaded nations can't receive anything from the bank.  The biggest problem with keeping banks secure is it'll be harder to destroy stuff long term and wear down WCs, so I agree it probably still has to change but there is a short term strategy and in the short and even medium term it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Edited by HM Solomon I

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

Except alliance banks can't fight, only nations can and blockaded nations can't receive anything from the bank.

Blockades last 5 days max and you would not pull stuff out of your bank if you were losing anyway. . .sooo?  Again, no strategy except to hid your stuff and wait for war/attack to be over then your untouchable stuff returns to you.

Strategy would be balancing growth with sufficient forces to deter aggression individually or developing an alliance strategy.

• Upvote 1

Blockades last 5 days max and you would not pull stuff out of your bank if you were losing anyway. . .sooo?  Again, no strategy except to hid your stuff and wait for war/attack to be over then your untouchable stuff returns to you.

Strategy would be balancing growth with sufficient forces to deter aggression individually or developing an alliance strategy.

That's not actually true though.  You may need resources to continue fighting and doing damage even if you're losing (you can still lob missiles if you're losing for example) and blockades can last much longer than 5 days if you're staggered in an inter-alliance war.

I actually feel like making banks secure isn't such a bad thing and actually injects some more strategy into the game. After all, you can deposit stuff into the bank and it'll be safe but during war you're certain to be blockaded and thus will be unable to access anything you've deposited. So you have to balance the security of keeping your stuff in the bank with the need to ensure its availability.

Out of complete bias for upcoming plans, I would like to agree and say yeah keep it secure, but as it WAS a part of the game and was only disabled due to a bug I'm gonna have to say it should be enabled.

I don't remember if there ever was a Judgement on this or if it was ever changed, but I do think that applicants shouldn't be taxed and shouldn't be able to have alliance bank raided.

That's not actually true though.  You may need resources to continue fighting and doing damage even if you're losing (you can still lob missiles if you're losing for example) and blockades can last much longer than 5 days if you're staggered in an inter-alliance war.

And your 'strategy' at that point is to get beat down and wait for your nice huge payday when the war is over.

Keep them safe. Banks not being safe also favors the aggressor of a war.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

And your 'strategy' at that point is to get beat down and wait for your nice huge payday when the war is over.

Actually this is a positive.  The game heavily incentivizes preemptive strikes because it is much easier to win as the aggressor than as the defender, so defenders will naturally fare worse in wars.  However, having the ability to safely store cash and resources allows alliances to rebuild at least a little quicker after war.  Both of these things contribute to more dynamic politics and a more interesting game: more and more intense wars fought with a relatively short peace between them because alliances are incentivized to strike first and not wait to be hit and they can rebuild a bit quicker meaning it takes less time to be ready for another go.

Edited by HM Solomon I