The Purge

Dorsaiwolf

I have based this post on having a Purge on the assumption that players want to raid other nations and it is important to them. It may be a false assumption. Easy way to find out. Conduct a poll to find out. An example of the poll question would be: 1. If you could raid other nations without worry of alliance reprisals would you? Yes/No

2. Would raiding other nations without worry from alliance reprisals increase your activity in P&W? Yes/No

• Upvote 1

I blame the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players...

^this.

'I've come from this other game and all things must work like this other game."

"OMG this is becoming just like that other game!"

I blame the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) players...

I blame Global Warming. 

Encourage warfare/activity in P&W. Have a Purge for 10 days  every 3 months. Give a one month notice for when the 10 day Purge will begin. During this ten day purge everyone stops being a member of an alliance. Alliance leaders alone keep the alliance and maintain the alliance bank. The first day of the purge alliance leaders kick everyone out of their alliance and Sheepy could handle the non compliance folks. Nations that do not want to be a part of the Purge can begin a holiday the day before the Purge begins. If you want to limit destruction during the Purge for that 10 day period all missiles/nukes could be inactivated by Sheepy. After the ten day Purge is over nations could rejoin their alliances.

If P&W does not do something like this it will follow the path of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Where now in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) you may have one war a year. Folks are bored and leaving the game. Alliances have warfare/raiding all but locked up.

Wouldn't people just put "EoS Alliance Member" or "UPN Alliance Member" in their description? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

A purge idea could work if you made all war declarations anonymous for a period of time. You can declare war on anyone, without them knowing whom they're fighting against. Perhaps include a spy mechanic where you can potentially find out who they are.

- Saopha Legatus Calas Vaduum, Lord General Big Shots of Charming Friends

We are the c h a̼̻Í̖͇ r m i̇͡ n g f r i e n d s and we are t͙̙̹͎̻͓̭͢͜͢h̢̘͕̪̹͓̟͉̰̀̕Ì̯͎̫͈̬͓eÌ¡ÍžÌ™Ì¬Í‰Ì²ÌœÍ Í҉̥̖̮̠͇͔̙͓͠c̀͜͢Í̟͖̳̠̕r̲͚͖̩͜͞͞ự̡̲̳̖̀̕͠ÌÍ̞̠̪͙Í̤̠e̢̡̜̗̬̩̭͇̟͉̱̜l̛͟Í͎͔̲̫͇̜̙͚eÍÍ̟̱̭͎͎̖̗͚͚̦̼̕sÍœÍ̵̡͕̙̬̹͈̺̯̣̱̱̗̩̼͟Ì̯̺͈t̀͠͞͞Ì̜̫̩̟̙͔ ̡̛҉̙̘̼͚̙̀͟ÍÍ͓̱̲͓̻̗oÍ̸Í̸͔̤̼̩̳͎͔͈͢f̶̴̢̬̺͔̮̱̫͓̘͟ ̢͉̞̪̦̣̼͓͞Í̫̻̹͖͉̮͇͙ͅf͘̕ÍÍ¢Í͕̻̱Ì̞̫͖̹̫͔̳oÍ̴̘̣̟̪̞̱͙̣̭̞̭̥̘͕͜ÌeÍ̢̯̪̙̪͜͜͞s̸͟Í͙̲̣̜̲̞̜͇̲̤̮̗͔͇͈̺̯

Qc9CHg7.png

This idea is so pants on head retarded that it actually made me log in and post.

First, your idea assumes alliances won't keep track of their members during the purge. I remember when, in the beggining of this game, we kept track of alliance members through spreadsheets and nation descriptions.

Second, you assume that alliances will just be like "hey, you can raid our people, its the purge and all lol XD." I'm going to tell you a little secret, they'll probably give a !@#$ if their members are attacked randomly during the purge.

Essentially, you want Sheepy to take the time to code in your retarded idea when in reality, assuming your assumptions about all the war hungry people are correct, this is something that that community could easily organize itself. This will do absolutely nothing for the game except piss off some alliance leaders who don't want to have to manually keep track of their members four times a year.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg

Wouldn't people just put "EoS Alliance Member" or "UPN Alliance Member" in their description? 

This is where The P&W alliance leadership would have to agree that attacks during a Purge would not be grounds for an alliance war. The attacks could be remembered and fire up an alliance but some other P&W community recognized reason for an alliance war would have to be used of which there are many.

This idea is so pants on head retarded that it actually made me log in and post.

First, your idea assumes alliances won't keep track of their members during the purge. I remember when, in the beggining of this game, we kept track of alliance members through spreadsheets and nation descriptions.

Second, you assume that alliances will just be like "hey, you can raid our people, its the purge and all lol XD." I'm going to tell you a little secret, they'll probably give a !@#$ if their members are attacked randomly during the purge.

Essentially, you want Sheepy to take the time to code in your retarded idea when in reality, assuming your assumptions about all the war hungry people are correct, this is something that that community could easily organize itself. This will do absolutely nothing for the game except piss off some alliance leaders who don't want to have to manually keep track of their members four times a year.

If it would be so easy for the community to organize this for itself how would it go about doing that. What alliance leader is willing to say sure my guys can go raid. Alliance leaders as a rule want to keep their alliances as intact as possible for an eventual alliance war. The whole alliance system is both very useful and a curse. It is useful because it creates communities and bonds members together. All politics are centered around alliances. This is good.  It is a curse because it can, over time bring a stagnation to a game of this type. That stagnation comes later in a game of this types life when alliances take a year to get ready for a war. P&W being a new game can avoid that stagnation now. It does not have to be my Purge idea, it could be something else. Finding that something else is worth discussing. Tournament edition of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is not saving (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). People are invested in their nations. Most do not care to have another nation for a couple of months. It does nothing for their primary nation they have spent a vast amount of time/money on. Might as well put a solitaire link on nation pages. I am saying we have a potential issue to the long time viability of this game (a game I want to see succeed) and now at the beginning of this games life is the time to resolve it. The purge may be a retarded idea. If you think so then come up with a better one. However not doing something will lead to folks getting bored with the game and leaving.

If it would be so easy for the community to organize this for itself how would it go about doing that. What alliance leader is willing to say sure my guys can go raid. Alliance leaders as a rule want to keep their alliances as intact as possible for an eventual alliance war. The whole alliance system is both very useful and a curse. It is useful because it creates communities and bonds members together. All politics are centered around alliances. This is good.  It is a curse because it can, over time bring a stagnation to a game of this type. That stagnation comes later in a game of this types life when alliances take a year to get ready for a war. P&W being a new game can avoid that stagnation now. It does not have to be my Purge idea, it could be something else. Finding that something else is worth discussing. Tournament edition of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is not saving (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). People are invested in their nations. Most do not care to have another nation for a couple of months. It does nothing for their primary nation they have spent a vast amount of time/money on. Might as well put a solitaire link on nation pages. I am saying we have a potential issue to the long time viability of this game (a game I want to see succeed) and now at the beginning of this games life is the time to resolve it. The purge may be a retarded idea. If you think so then come up with a better one. However not doing something will lead to folks getting bored with the game and leaving.

I'm going to show you a mock conversation showing how easy it would be for the community to organize this.

Leader 1: Hey guys, my members and I are bored as !@#$, we should have like a week where we just !@#$ shit up with no hard feelings

Leader 2: No shit? We're really bored too. This seems like a grand idea.

Leader 3: Damn, that idea is pretty dope, when do you want this to go down?

And so they discuss it for a while until they have some basic ground rules and shit. See how incredibly easy that was?

Furthermore it is not my, or anyones duty for that matter, to come with a better idea every time someone posts a retarded suggestion. I may not be able to come up with a better solution, but that doesn't mean your idea is any less retarded. Since you seem to be slow, let me give you something to illustrate this.

Lets, for a moment, pretend that someone proposes that I bang my knee with a wrench to make my joint pain go away. I don't need to come up with a better idea, as the idea of doing nothing is already much better.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

^this.

'I've come from this other game and all things must work like this other game."

"OMG this is becoming just like that other game!"

Just look at the alliance names in P&W. Most of the largest alliances in P&W you will find the same alliance name in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). I believe it is safe to say that the majority of players of P&W came from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Now you have to ask yourself why did they come to P&W to start over when they also have a nation in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) they have been playing for years. It is because (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) has stagnated. Maybe one major alliance war a year. They were bored so they came here.

War/raiding for better or worse is the juice that drives P&W. Without war/raiding you have a very poor Farmville game. Heck War is part of the name of this game. Currently I believe there has been 3 major wars since P&W came out of Beta. When I first joined (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 7 years ago folks even then chatted about the good ole days at the beginning of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) when it was like the wild west. 4 or 5 wars a years. P&W is at that stage now. Without a fix now to the stagnation that alliances can bring to wars the same fate waits for this game that has happened to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

I'm going to show you a mock conversation showing how easy it would be for the community to organize this.

And so they discuss it for a while until they have some basic ground rules and !@#$. See how incredibly easy that was?

Furthermore it is not my, or anyones duty for that matter, to come with a better idea every time someone posts a retarded suggestion. I may not be able to come up with a better solution, but that doesn't mean your idea is any less retarded. Since you seem to be slow, let me give you something to illustrate this.

Lets, for a moment, pretend that someone proposes that I bang my knee with a wrench to make my joint pain go away. I don't need to come up with a better idea, as the idea of doing nothing is already much better.

No major alliance leader would have his alliance go to war with another alliance for crap and gigiles and leave their alliance weaker for it to their potential enemies. Any wars/raids for entertainment would have to be a P&W event as a whole community.

Edited by Dorsaiwolf

No major alliance leader would have his alliance go to war with another alliance for crap and gigiles and leave their alliance weaker for it to their potential enemies.

Then no major alliance leader would let it happen during a "purge" which is the point I'm trying to make. Keep up for !@#$ sake.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Then no major alliance leader would let it happen during a "purge" which is the point I'm trying to make. Keep up for !@#$ sake.

Alliance leaders cannot control their inactive members. Some members will want to raid despite their alliance leaders orders. The main reason mid and upper tier nations do not raid is fear from repercussions. Just look at the raids that are occurring in the lower tiers. It is like the wild west. They are having a blast. Once these same players grow their nations to the mid or upper tier they will become bored and remember fondly their lower tier raiding days. Over time these same players that were so active raiding will go inactive. Players want to take their nations out for a spin and crush an opponent. Take away those repercussions and they will conduct raids.

Edited by Dorsaiwolf
  • Upvote 1

Taking away the repercussions? Now I wonder what kind of little happy world do you live in where any sane alliance leaders would just gleefully accept "It's all in good fun!" as a justification when their members got raided for whatever reason.

But really, this whole idea stands precariously on Gee-I-hope-they-don't-mind

UedhRvY.png

Ok first off cyber nations allows you to make a nation that comes with a city which is your capital that you can build infra in to increase pop and income along with increasing land to grow the population. After that you can focus on improvs. But guess what those improvs are expensive and require 1k citizens per improv to be bought and you can only get certain improvs via requirements while sacrificing another improv. Also cyber nations only allows you to have 1 CITY!!!!! Which is the capital. And it costs a fortune to get it to 5k infra alone and the income you get from that is ridiculously low and the only other way to get money is through tech deals. So with that said you make shit money and when war brakes out it ends up being very costly especially when wonder heavy nations start down declaring on those that they can causing massive damage while causing massive damage to top tier nations as well. And everyone who has played cyber nations knows how long it takes to rebuild after those wars which is why that realm only has 1 war a year.

Politics and war on the other hand allows you to make a nation and starts you off with a free city. A city in which you can boost to 1k infra on the first day, something you cant really do in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). At the same time you can buy improvs per 50 infra without any other requirements and without sacrificing improvs for others except during war until players get their city above 3k infra which will then let them max their military improvs without having to improv swap. At the same time pw allows us to get more cities which in turn increases our income even more. Plus we can buy land here which slowly increasing population and from what i heard has a small effect on income. So we can keep building and building and get more cities and by the time an alliance wide war breaks out and then concludes it will only take alliances at most 2-3 months to fully rebuild where as (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) will almost take a year and by then pw will have gone through 2 more alliance wars if not 4. Plus a 5 day old pw nation can make more money then a 5 day old (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) nation. And as of now we have just gone through 3 alliance wars and the year isnt even over yet so we can still get 1 more if not 2 more alliances wars before the year ends.

Plus in order to make a lot of money in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) without tech deals is to conduct back collect with taxes while at the same time paying bills every day which in the end doesnt give you a lot of money along with the fact you can only send out trades and aid every ten days where in pw you can send out aid pretty much every second, plus we have alliance banks, something (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) doesnt have.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I agree with you. P&W is a better thought out game than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  It has more things you can do and build than a (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) nation does. These are some of the reasons I decided to play P&W, It is also some of the reasons why I continue to play. I believe the whole system of P&W is better than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

At the end of the day why do we build cities. Why do we mine, manufacture, trade and stockpile resources. I would say for the majority of us it is to be ready for War.

Politics occur to position alliances to be in the best position for when war comes or to declare war.

How we do all the above is different here than in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). However the common denominator is P&W community and the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) community do what they do to wage war. I believe P&W is not going to have an issue with not enough wars in the first 2 years. (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) had plenty of wars in the first 2 years.

My concern is for P&W down the road. Not this year. This first year very few nations will have nuclear weapons. In the first couple of years, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) nations had very few nuclear weapons. However once nuclear weapons are common in P&W the damage nations will take will be more severe. Gradually down time between wars will increase in order to rebuild. Rebuilding will be more costly as our nations grow in size also increasing the time between wars. Maybe the answer is to remove nuclear weapons from P&W. However regular missiles also do a lot of damage.

My point is coming up with something, possibly where all missiles are temporarily inactivated, Where nations can do raids/war in P&W, not some sister game using a temporary nation, that allows nations to conduct these raids and wars, without alliance entanglements, to keep folks interested in P&W between ever increasing intervals of alliance wars.

I started this discussion of a Purge to raise debate about an issue of keeping folks from losing interest in P&W in the future. History repeats itself. Mechanically P&W and (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) are different games. However when it comes to alliance wars and rebuilding after alliance wars causing longer intervals between wars the history will be the same unless P&W can be different in how nations can war/raid each other. As long as the mid and upper tiers only way to war is alliance wars then what happened to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) will happen here.

• Upvote 1

This is where The P&W alliance leadership would have to agree that attacks during a Purge would not be grounds for an alliance war. 

And this would happen how? 

And this would happen how? 

One way this could happen is the top 6 Alliances leadership were to publish a manifesto stating any alliance given the reason for an alliance war as Purge attacks would be attacked by the top 6 alliances. Of course getting them to agree may be asking too much.

Easiest way for this to happen is Sheepy asks, for the games betterment, that all alliances respect the purge and do not use it as a reason for a legitimate alliance war.

Edited by Dorsaiwolf

I have based this post on having a Purge on the assumption that players want to raid other nations and it is important to them. It may be a false assumption. Easy way to find out. Conduct a poll to find out. An example of the poll question would be: 1. If you could raid other nations without worry of alliance reprisals would you? Yes/No

2. Would raiding other nations without worry from alliance reprisals increase your activity in P&W? Yes/No

1. DEFINITELY

2. Maybe

I think it would be better for the game if top nations from top alliances from time to time leave to found their own alliances.

And not just some generic copy/paste  AA like "United Alliance of Nation States " (sorry..., but really, a more generic AA wasn't possible),

but one with a theme (VoC^^, Cornerstone, SK, TEst,  ...).

Those players have mostly a long playtime and great skill, and can surely get at least 20 members. Diversity is what's important.

The best example i can think of atm is Placentica, who did a great job with Alpha.

Next month i'll try my luck as a founder myself. 

That purging thing on the other side is just a horrible idea. 

Maybe with a reasonable explanation why it should happen, but i doubt you can find one.

One way this could happen is the top 6 Alliances leadership were to publish a manifesto stating any alliance given the reason for an alliance war as Purge attacks would be attacked by the top 6 alliances. 

Easiest way for this to happen is Sheepy asks, for the games betterment, that all alliances respect the purge and do not use it as a reason for a legitimate alliance war.

Yeah, I got that part. But how do you do that? 

You can't.

And how will he enforce this? If someone nukes me, I don't care if it was the Purge or not. I'm going to hold a grudge against him. 

• Upvote 1

Alliances would have people put what alliance they are in in the description title, it wouldn't change anything except making raiding marginally easier in some cases.  But alliance's would still get up in arms over anyone raiding their members, and there's not much you could do to change that.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png