GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ALL STATES ��💛💚💙💜

Alexander

I am buoyed and elated at two things itt:

1. The number of quality, level-headed responses.

2. The apparent equal number of AWESOME TROLLING.

carry on internet nerds

There is no trolling itt, making it doubly awesome. Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

> The user Thalmor is against gay marriage.

> The Thalmor were a group in Skyrim which served as Schutzstaffel of the setting.

> Nazis were also against gays.

Did I win the thread?

At least the Thalmor were better than those inbred stormcloaks.

>Implying a war-torn, newly independent Skyrim could take on the Thalmor.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

bcos they don't have decision making to differentiate what is right what is wrong......You can think Amobia and autotrope as your teacher and change yourself to make self reproduction or self-division like them....they are just animals /bacteria.

why do you think gay = animals? we are not animals.

Edited by Arthur James

bcos they don't have decision making to differentiate what is right what is wrong......You can think Amobia and autotrope as your teacher and change yourself to make self reproduction or self-division like them....they are just animals /bacteria.

why do you think gay = animals? we are not animals.

All humans are animals. ;)

In the sense that we're fallible, mortal creatures that are flawed, yes. The biggest difference between man and animals, however, is that we're the only living creatures God made that's in his own image:

Genesis 1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Of course, that's religious. But I believe a secular case could be made by stating that our ability to comprehend morality and our intelligence puts us above animals. Plus, we control them (As in, breed them en mass and specifically so that we can eat them) and have driven many different species to extinction. I mean, who eats who 99% of the time in modern society?

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

This video just shows a fraction of what homosexuals feel in society. In essence, this is why homosexuals feel the way they feel when it comes to gay marriage. Many straight people also understand this despite their inability to be oppressed in the same fashion and this video shows why. Science and religion aside, simply talking about feelings and emotion, this is why people support marriage equality.

As a gay male myself, I'm genuinely trying to find a solid reason on why we shouldn't allow gay marriage. I understand that my opinion may be skewed given the circumstances, but I'm seriously trying to understand your view point so I can truly grasp why you feel, how you feel 

Edited by Alex
  • Upvote 1

-- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --

e6Iegl7.jpg

Oh boy... I was just starting to like the United States. Sort of.

Hopefully Texas and South Carolina does everything in their power to do away with this, maybe even seceed if they need to.

Oh come on, the preservation of the Union is more important than any one social issue. Besides, even if they did secede, it's not like they would be able to keep their independence.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Oh come on, the preservation of the Union is more important than any one social issue. Besides, even if they did secede, it's not like they would be able to keep their independence.

It might work if the Union voted them out.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

Well of course, if they did secede then what's left of the United States might try to invade them and take their oil.

It might work if the Union voted them out.

I'd be happy with this as well.

As a gay male myself, I'm genuinely trying to find a solid reason on why we shouldn't allow gay marriage. I understand that my opinion may be skewed given the circumstances, but I'm seriously trying to understand your view point so I can truly grasp why you feel, how you feel 

I'm going to assume you're speaking to me because I've been the most vocal on this thread in terms of opposition.

As said earlier, the biggest reason why I do not believe homosexuals - you - should not get married is because I believe that it would bring more sexual perversion as people call for more ''liberties'' in regards to sexual rights. These, in theory, would include bestiality, pedophilia, polygamy, etc, and other things. Examples:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/gay-marriage-decision-polygamy-119469.html#.VZB2kkZhPMq

http://truthuncensored.net/university-academics-say-pedophilia-is-natural-for-males-aroused-by-children/#sthash.2fk2Uow5.Jv8Ut95w.dpbs

http://truthuncensored.net/university-academics-say-pedophilia-is-natural-for-males-aroused-by-children/#sthash.2fk2Uow5.Jv8Ut95w.dpbs

http://www.thelocal.no/20150625/norway-to-let-7-yr-old-change-gender

http://www.vice.com/read/after-gay-marriage-why-not-polygamy

Furthermore, the religious freedom of some institutions are being stepped on:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/idaho-citys-ordinance-tells-pastors-to-marry-gays-/

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/millionaire-gay-couple-suing-force-church-hold-wedding/

http://www.charismanews.com/us/50277-government-charges-farmers-with-discrimination-fines-for-refusing-to-host-gay-wedding

Now, Roma did make a good case against what I just said. Scandinavia, as a whole, does indeed have no particular increase in pedophilia or polygamy. As a result of this, I did take a step back and reconsider where I stand on the issue coming from that aspect

The only other reason why I would oppose gay marriage comes from the fact that God hates gay sex. Note that I said gay sex and not homosexuality in general. This is because each time homosexuality is brought up in the Bible, it always speaks of gay sex, and does not ever mention the attraction of males to males, or females to females. It is only brought up as in referring to perversion. However, even then, it's up to each person to decide rather or not they'll following the commandments of God, and so I'm not in a position to judge or persecute anybody for their decision. It is a Christian's job to love people unconditionally. So, in that case, do whatever you desire. After all, God gives you the freedom to choose, so why shouldn't I?

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

As said earlier, the biggest reason why I do not believe homosexuals - you - should not get married is because I believe that it would bring more sexual perversion as people call for more ''liberties'' in regards to sexual rights. These, in theory, would include bestiality, pedophilia, polygamy, etc, and other things. Examples:

"Polygamy won't ever be legalized, you conservative bigot." - Liberals, 2005

"The slippery slope? That's just a fallacy!" - Liberals 2010

"What's stopping five women and a man from being happy together?" - Liberals 2015

"The slippery slope? That's just a fallacy!" - Liberals 2020

"What's stopping a grown man and a grown boy from being happy together?" - Liberals 2025

This is the future you chose.

Edited by Crontical

"Polygamy won't ever be legalized, you conservative bigot." - Liberals, 2005

"The slippery slope? That's just a fallacy!" - Liberals 2010

"What's stopping five women and a man from being happy together?" - Liberals 2015

"The slippery slope? That's just a fallacy!" - Liberals 2020

"What's stopping a grown man and a grown boy from being happy together?" - Liberals 2025

This is the future you chose.

Seems like you could replace "Liberals" with Mormons, and I thought they were conservatives. :v

And the animal kingdom is hugely patriarchal, hierarchical, and particularly darwinist by nature

The Wolf is not equal to the sheep - one hunts the other

Not to mention how, again, animals use sex as proof of their dominance

Thanks for using the nature argument again CodyK

#InequalityWins

Edited by Severus Ryan

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

And the animal kingdom is hugely patriarchal, hierarchical, and particularly darwinist by nature

The Wolf is not equal to the sheep - one hunts the other

Not to mention how, again, animals use sex as proof of their dominance

Thanks for using the nature argument again CodyK

#InequalityWins

1. The animal kingdom is hugely varied. As Darwinism describes the natural selection of animals, it can't come as a great surprise to you that animals are Darwinist.

2. Is the human the wolf or the sheep in your statement? Which species is the other?

3. You have the logic backwards. Where dominance is common within a species, the dominance is in order to have more sexual activity.

From a biological point of view, inequality neither wins nor loses, it just is. Diversity, however, can give great advantages both within and among species.

6hu5nt.jpg

I don't understand why anyone would care what others choose to do with their life, when the actions in question have no consequence on your own. If someone would be more happy by marrying the person of the same sex, an animal or an object (not that I am equating homosexuality to such sexual perversions, merely bringing them up since they were mentioned earlier), then by all means they should do so. 

There's lots of things that I don't understand, that others feel compelled to do, such as tattoo the whole of their bodies/face/eyeballs or get those massive !@#$ing holes in their earlobes. But the point is that it has nothing to do with me, and everyone should have the freedom to do what they wish -- as long as it does not significantly effect others negatively.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I don't understand why anyone would care what others choose to do with their life, when the actions in question have no consequence on your own. If someone would be more happy by marrying the person of the same sex, an animal or an object (not that I am equating homosexuality to such sexual perversions, merely bringing them up since they were mentioned earlier), then by all means they should do so. 

When homosexuality is destructive idea to society, homosexual marriage effects everyone. There is no reason to simply stand by while society is degraded with the assistance of what some would call degeneracy, or even cultural marxism.

When homosexuality is destructive idea to society, homosexual marriage effects everyone. There is no reason to simply stand by while society is degraded with the assistance of what some would call degeneracy, or even cultural marxism.

Sounds like you need some puss-y (or perhaps some d!ck) in your life. :v

In all seriousness though, two men loving each other and being able to marry is nowhere near the top half of the list of the problems that are destructive to society. And if you are going to make an assertion that it is, then you should provide some credible data to support that, not just spew poor rhetoric.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 3

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Sounds like you need some puss-y (or perhaps some d!ck) in your life. :v

I couldn't have said it better myself.

In all seriousness though, two men loving each other and being able to marry is nowhere near the top half of the list of the problems that are destructive to society.

Of course. This I understand. There are many problems that are destroying modern day America, but it just so happens that as the topic regards gay marriage, I'm attacking gay marriage as to why it is bad. If we had a different subject regarding a different problem, I'd attack that instead.

And if you are going to make an assertion that it is, then you should provide some credible data to support that, not just spew poor rhetoric.

Sure.

The entire purpose of marriage is to procreate and raise a child. Based on this statement, why do homosexuals marry? Is it to become better friends? To have sex? To raise a child on their own, knowing that the child is more likely to be poorly affected (and studies that say otherwise are false). Children raised by their homosexual parents are more likely to have problems in life, as shown by Mark Regnerus (http://i.imgur.com/Crykn74.jpg).

With what is provided, it shows that homosexual marriage is destructive to a child's life, but you may be asking, how does this affect the lives of others? It is shown that Homosexuality is not in your genetics, and comes down to the choice of either a choice (which can simply be done away if it is so), or a mental illness (which can be treated).

Let us dissect the phrase, "homosexuality is not a choice". First we must establish axioms and definitions. One is mentally ill if one is psychologically incapable of refraining from a biologically non-necessity activity or desire. Biologically necessary activities or desires are those without which a species can not perpetuate itself through generations, e.g. procurement and consumption of resources, expurgation of waste, etc. These desires may be innate, or habitual. Habitual desires are acquired.

Take for example a man who has never drunk alcohol, but wishes to drink it not for alcohol sake, but for some other factor, such as social acceptance. Further, a person who has not acquired a taste for scotch through frequent consumption thereof cannot desire to drink scotch for scotch's sake. Therefore, habitual desires are the result of certain activities. Innate desires, however, are not.

Based on the information provided, we can assume that one is a homosexual if and only if one either 1), engages in a homosexual activity, 2) has homosexual desires, or 3) has homosexual desires and engages in homosexual activities. What follows is all possible propositions.

If 1.) One engages in homosexual activity either A) voluntarily or B.) involuntarily,

1.A) One chooses to be homosexual, and homosexuality is a choice.

1.B.) One is compelled to engage either i) psychologically or ii) physically by another, homosexuality is not a choice.

1.B.i) One is mentally ill, by the definition of mental illness.

If 2.) One desires homosexuality either A) innately or B.) habitually

2.B.) One has acquired homosexual desires through homosexual activity. If one acquires these involuntarily through involuntary engagement in homosexual activity, homosexuality is a choice.

2.A.i) One chooses to be homosexual, and homosexuality is a choice.

2.A.ii) One is mentally ill, by the definition of mental illness.

If 3.) One either chooses to be homosexual or homosexuality is a mental illness.

From the information gathered, we can see that homosexuality is either a mental illness, or a choice. In the United States, the government works to treat the mentally ill. Not to applaud them for being untreated. In the case that homosexuality is a choice, then it becomes apparent that one can simply "un-choose" it, and go back to living a normal lifestyle.

There is a reason to un-choose homosexuality other than, "I dislike it and therefore you should stop". There are many studies that show that homosexuality is physically and mentally unhealthy. Approximately 28% of homosexual men had more than 1,000 partners, while 83% of homosexuals had 50 or more partners in their lifetime, and 43% had sex with more than 500 partners. By comparison, the CDC reports that only 29% of American men report having 15 or more female sexual partners in a life time. (Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg)

79% of homosexual men say that of these sex partners, over half of them are strangers. Furthermore, a Canadian study by Barry Adam showed that only 25% of homosexual men had been in committed relationships that lasted longer than one year.

As for the mental aspects of homosexuality, it has been shown in the Netherlands, where tolerance for homosexuality is at an all time high, there has been correlation of major depression during adolescence and adult hood, bipolar disorder, and anxiety disorder during adolescence and adult hood- followed by homosexuality.

In the United States, Homosexuals make up approximately 5% of the American population. However, homosexuals constitute 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United states, and are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men.

A 2010 CDC study showed that the new rate of HIV prevalence in men who have sex with men is approximately 44 times higher than that of other men, and 40 times higher than that of women. (http://i.imgur.com/yGRKS9Q.jpg).

Still think it's not destructive to society?

Edited by Crontical
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to assume you're speaking to me because I've been the most vocal on this thread in terms of opposition.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/gay-marriage-decision-polygamy-119469.html#.VZB2kkZhPMq

http://www.thelocal.no/20150625/norway-to-let-7-yr-old-change-gender

http://www.vice.com/read/after-gay-marriage-why-not-polygamy

Furthermore, the religious freedom of some institutions are being stepped on:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/idaho-citys-ordinance-tells-pastors-to-marry-gays-/

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/millionaire-gay-couple-suing-force-church-hold-wedding/

http://www.charismanews.com/us/50277-government-charges-farmers-with-discrimination-fines-for-refusing-to-host-gay-wedding

Now, Roma did make a good case against what I just said. Scandinavia, as a whole, does indeed have no particular increase in pedophilia or polygamy. As a result of this, I did take a step back and reconsider where I stand on the issue coming from that aspect

The only other reason why I would oppose gay marriage comes from the fact that God hates gay sex. Note that I said gay sex and not homosexuality in general. This is because each time homosexuality is brought up in the Bible, it always speaks of gay sex, and does not ever mention the attraction of males to males, or females to females. It is only brought up as in referring to perversion. However, even then, it's up to each person to decide rather or not they'll following the commandments of God, and so I'm not in a position to judge or persecute anybody for their decision. It is a Christian's job to love people unconditionally. So, in that case, do whatever you desire. After all, God gives you the freedom to choose, so why shouldn't I?

All right, out of curiosity, if gay marriage was left to the election booth in 2016, how would you vote? Would you stick to your religious beliefs and vote against or would you take in account the oppression of civil liberties and the secular nation we reside in and allow it? This is all assuming that religious institutions are not forced to wed homosexual couples (which I am firmly against because it infringes on the church's liberties.)

The reason I ask this is because I am curious as to whether you will decide your vote on your religious beliefs, or the fundamental values of freedom either of which will be forced onto many individuals.

-- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --

e6Iegl7.jpg

The entire purpose of marriage is to procreate and raise a child.

I'm not going to bother debating the rest because I already discussed my points (Thalmor and I also had a friendly conversation via PM to clear everything up ^_^), but this in particular strikes me.

If the purpose of marriage was to procreate, then tell me: why does anybody bother to get married? Anyone can procreate without getting a marriage license. Unfortunately, people do it all the time, in case you haven't noticed. And obviously there are countless couples who marry and never have children. Claiming that marriage is strictly to produce children is utterly baseless.

The purpose of marriage is to formally and respectfully recognize a strong and lifelong bond, because (as you seem to be fond of contrasting humans and animals) our lifelong commitments as couples are one major thing that does set us apart from many (but certainly not all) animals. It's a ceremony honoring love and dedication, which gay couples exhibit just as strongly as any straight couple.

• Upvote 1

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png