Nuke Targetting Suggestion

Placentica

(targeting, targetting....whatever)

So, just a random thought.

What if you could target troops, tanks, air, ships with nukes instead of just infra?  Say, one nuke does 80% dmg to one of those units, you decide.  It wouldn't do any infra damage, or minimal.  But it would make nukes a bit more strategic. 

What I've seen is nukes do a ton of damage, but when it comes to actually winning/losing the battle of armed forces, they don't help much.  Wouldn't you target airbases if you had nukes potentially?

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 4

wouldn't it make the turning point of the war is decided by the one click of a nuke???

then most of us would have a strong tendency to build nukes instead of troops since the troops are almost useless towards it.

Nope, but I do support the existing idea that each nukes remove 2 improvements of military building to decrease the no. of daily recruitment 

add a new effect that nukes can cause temporary power down of the targeted city for 1 coming day.

Edited by Arthur James

You need 12 MAP to launch a nuke. While waiting for the MAP to stack that nation would not be able to do anything against you , while you can launch a variety of combination of attacks with 12 MAPs, So how can one click of the nuke be the turning point of the war?

wouldn't it make the turning point of the war is decided by the one click of a nuke???

then most of us would have a strong tendency to build nukes instead of troops since the troops are almost useless towards it.

Nope, but I do support the existing idea that each nukes remove 2 improvements of military building to decrease the no. of daily recruitment 

add a new effect that nukes can cause temporary power down of the targeted city for 1 coming day.

I think if you have nukes in and your opponent didn't have them they'd be !@#$ed by a logical sense.. IJS

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

This type of attack is very overpowered but if it was going to be added it should do absolutely no damage to anything other than units because it so overpowered. 

On top of I'd add an extra fee to those nukes for precision targeting, perhaps you have to make nukes specifically for that type of fighting at an increased cost. 

To give an idea of how overpowered it is, those nukes could potential destroy 10000 steel worth of tanks in the top nations atm, which at current market value is $40 Million. Infrastructure is one thing but this is a complete game changer.

Overall I don't think this should be added and if it is I would make it as expensive as it can be for the nation looking to use those nukes. 

What am I even talking about, this change isn't even worth discussing for the simple reason it makes everyone use nukes for all their attacks.

It completely discourages nations from building aircraft, tanks and ships if they have nukes or if they're fighting someone with nukes.

This suggestion effectively ruins the warring system for top nations. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

At most 20-25% imo. Small enough that it might be a good idea for an opening blow but not high enough for you to want to use it all the time.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nukes during peace cost about $4 Million, most nations have a stockpile during war so they're still as easy to purchase.

Just because you buy nukes doesn't mean you deserve to win your wars outright.

At most 20-25% imo. Small enough that it might be a good idea for an opening blow but not high enough for you to want to use it all the time.

Yeah that's actually reasonable. 

IpHGyGc.png

Yeah that's actually reasonable. 

If there's one word that can be used to describe me, it's "reasonable."

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win