GPA Leaks

Saru

Today someone has leaked the following logs of GPA:

Stating that they have ambitions to turn aggressive, and go after VE, Guardian and SK. 

I queried the person in question in the 4th logs, and he has said that is the post -- but the screenshot was manipulated. (Which is very easy to do. Without using photoshop to make it unrecognisable.)

* GPALeaker ([email protected]) Quit (Client exited)

The first two are apparently true, the following have apparently been tampered with, according to GPA:

8b2NkCp.png

plf2XqO.png

Screenshots from GPA:

lyro_zpsc4c527e7.png

So I decided to investigate and look through several log files...

For those interested the in who it was, the hostmask matched:

Nao[Rose] ([email protected])

It has been reported kiwiirc gives the same hostmasks to all, ran the following test: * test ([email protected]) has joined #politicsandwar <test> This is Robster. -- Clearly it masks the people the same. Also leaving this up for the sake of transparency. Apologies to the people involved -- wasn't pointing fingers, just presenting facts I found. 
Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

hold on a minute Saru, a little more probing and you'll find the same guy says the first two are entirely legit, whilst the second two are doctored.

The last seems like the main one to me. Clearly someone out there has an interest in stirring some shit up with GPA/Guardian&SK&VE, or the people outlined above have been involved in spreading information that was true. I know what my quick guess is, but I obviously don't know the truth or claim to know it.

But the conspiracy theories are running through my head :v

So, Are you suggesting that Nao is the person/one of the persons behind this GPA leak?

I didn't say who it is and I am not suggesting anything. I am giving you facts. You make of it what you will.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

The last seems like the main one to me. Clearly someone out there has an interest in stirring some !@#$ up with GPA/Guardian&SK&VE, or the people outlined above have been involved in spreading information that was true. I know what my quick guess is, but I obviously don't know the truth or claim to know it.

But the conspiracy theories are running through my head :v

I dunno, the first shows the whole "green enforcement agency" thing. Which seems like a pretty big deal to me.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

This is very interesting

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

These look very forced to me. Its like when you're trying to get a point across to someone without telling them the point, and you raise your voice when you say stuff and lean forward. Its pretty obvious someone is trying to say something intentionally.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

These look very forced to me. Its like when you're trying to get a point across to someone without telling them the point, and you raise your voice when you say stuff and lean forward. Its pretty obvious someone is trying to say something intentionally.

the 2nd two are indeed forced. Word from a GPA member:

8:47:16 PM Phiney can you post the real version of those ss's then?

8:47:46 PM [GPA] I won't post all of them, but I will post mine:

8:48:04 PM [GPA] "Isn't anyone else going to react to this? I find the idea that we'd be masquerading behind a facade of neutrality until such a time as it would be convenient to do away with it to be, quite frankly, appalling, unethical and dishonorable. If this Green Enforcement Agency ever comes to pass, I will have to leave this alliance."

8:48:23 PM [GPA] If my alliance doesn't like my doing this, too bad. I don't like keeping secrets. 

8:49:11 PM Phiney so the green enforcement agency idea is real?

8:49:32 PM [GPA] Yes. First time I heard of it, though.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Just to give an update of the situation, I don't have much technical experience -- and I want to make it clear I am not accusing anyone but it seems someone else shares the hostmask:

JohnHenryHolliday ([email protected]) has joined #rose

Is it possible for so many people to share one?

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

The first is from a campaign thread for the player who is currently in third place (out of three candidates) to replace me as Triumvir of Foreign Affairs. The second is my sarcastic statement of support.

The other two are false, and I won't sit here and let some anonymous person besmirch Lyrositor's good name. This is his actual comment. Lunan never made any comment even remotely similar to that.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Maybe someone with more technical experience who knows more about hostmasks can clarify if it's likely they are multis or if the kiwiirc client makes them have the same hostmask.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I use KiWi IRC and I can state it masks all people with the same hostmask.

Hope that stops any confusion that's arising because of the matching hostmasks.

Alright.

My apologies to the people in question. 

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I use KiWi IRC and I can state it masks all people with the same hostmask.

Hope that stops any confusion that's arising because of the matching hostmasks.

I can concur on a professional level, it appears that Kiwiiirc is using cloud based infrastructure and at any point in time, any one who uses it could be sharing the same hostmask as they are probably on the same node.

• Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

So first we have the incident with PB accusing GPA of killing her spies thus violating their neutrality and then having grillick conduct and offensive spy operation on her which resorted in them aiming to paying off damages etc etc and now we have these leaks, GPA is not in a good position right now.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

GEA is a real thing. It just hasn't been announced, yet. It's a complete departure from neutrality.

Obviously, the ss were doctored. The fact is, however, they are discussing these topics and some of the ss are legitimate. They are plotting dominance and they did scheme to defuse the PB incident.

Glad we cleared up the hostmask thing before I had to impale Nao and JHH. :P

Anyways, these "leaks" are an absolute joke. Take it from an ex-member who has known Lunan, Lyrositor, and Grillick for ages. If you really wanted to bandwagon onto the GPA scandal train, I'm sure you could have done better than this pathetic attempt.

(not targeted at Saru in any way, of course - don't shoot the messenger, and all that jazz)

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

This smells to me more like someone wanting to besmirch GPA, rather than an actual attempt at GPA to plot or scheme.

Pretty much this.  It's hard to believe they would be so direct -- all in an election topic. Still weird how someone either got access to their forums, or it's a GPA'er who tampered with and leaked their own shit.

inb4 it's that kid who wrote about people taking this game way too seriously.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN