Limit the missile firing rate

Clarke

Currently missiles are fired at quickly of a rate, 2 missile can be fired on a single nation by another nation in a single day. This can not be sustained on Orbis. 

This should be changed so that a nation can only receive a single missile from another individual nation once a day and no more than that.

To make wars more balanced and last longer and to not to encourage constant missile turtlers in this game as it is in other games.

Edited by Diabolos

IpHGyGc.png

Would the same hold true for nukes? Could you take 1 missile and 1 nuke per day? If something like this were implimented I think it should be 2 missiles or maybe 3 missiles a day. 1 player can launch two missiles in a war in 1 day so taking 2 should be the bottom, nukes being separate could be 1.

scSqPGJ.gif

Wouldn't this make it completely pointless to stock up missiles beforehand and so make you no better off if you are more prepared missile wise? Or do you just mean on the receiving end?

Just on the receiving end, you can still fire multiple missiles each day as long as you have more than one opponent.

IpHGyGc.png

There may have a mix up in how this was perceived.

This suggestion is to make is so Nation X can only fire one missile on Nation Y in a single day, however Nation Z can also fire a missile on nation Y on the same day. 

However it could also be limited so that only 2 Missiles/Nukes can only be fired on a single nation in a single day no matter how many opponents they face as Pre suggested.

IpHGyGc.png

So just increase the turns required to 12 basically?

No, just encourage them to use other attacks.

Otherwise they just ignore other methods of attack and nukes need to be 12 so missiles can't be 12

IpHGyGc.png

This is a terrible idea and you know it.  If someone is missile turtling then you should just beige them.  Problem solved.  If you can't beige them, then your reasoning doesn't make sense, as they have a proper military, but just chose to use the best weapon they have available to them.

You can't just ignore the other attacks unless your opponent is just unprepared and then it's just a matter of making sure you stockpile enough.  No one could just keep firing missiles if you took ground control from him.  If he's not attacking back that shouldn't be too hard if you are prepared.

The irony is that you are doing exactly what you say shouldn't be allowed - only you didn't stockpile enough missiles so you aren't able to fire off more than one per day.  You've only done one non-missile attack on my nation all war. 

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 3

Limiting incoming missile and nuclear strikes to 1 pr day does sound fair and would bring more balance to missile warfare.

With missiles it isn't too big of a problem, but when nukes does start showing up, and if nations can become subject to being hit by 2-3 if not more nukes pr day, then that's going to be pretty bad.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

I think Nuclear Weapons are going to have to be a little tweaked, since there wasn't too much nuclear war happening in speed round/beta, but I don't there should be a limit to the amount of nuke strikes a nation can suffer a day, since it take 12bps, and so requires enough coordination (and enough hate) to drop a multitude of these weapons on one person a day.

And if you're spending your time ZI'ing someone with nukes, you are wasting resources and deserve to lose that war lol. 

Another possibility would be to have a way to temporarily disable missiles as has been mentioned before, like you can't fire missiles if your opponent has ground control (and/or air control). So it would require bigger nations to have other units, and make them likely to use them as well, even though you could potentially still fire missiles every 8 hours if you can hold off your opponent's air/ground forces.

With something like this, the nation that has the upper hand is likely to put income and turns into try to get immense triumphs to avoid taking missile damage while the nation that doesn't have the upper hand might just try to turtle and fire missiles as long as they can.

• Upvote 2

I really just feel like the problem isn't missiles, it's that people didn't bulk up enough when the threat of war happened.  You focused on econ and now the OP is paying for that.  Here's what I would do to solve the problem - and granted I have a bigger capacity than some, but Diablos has 8 cities, just like me and similar GDP.  In fact, with the $9m in bank aid he sent himself he had about the same infra as me prior to the war starting.

I'm bulking to say 105-120k troops, 3k tanks, 300 planes - yea it's a lot, but it's very possible for a nation with 7-8 cities.  3 people attack me with regular militaries, or weaker ones, b/c they are going to fire missiles.

1)  I take air control of them right away.

2) I fire off all ground attacks against air controlled nations.

3) Day 2-3 they are all beiged and I only take 2-3 missiles each.

It's not a missile firing problem, it's a lack of preparation and coordination issue.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

I think I do agree I'd like to see a need to rotate attack types other then missile.

In my case, I have to maintain blockades.  If my opponents had ground superiority, they'd be doing real damage to me.  ALL THEY HAVE is missiles since they can't dent my at sea, air or land.  I can't begrudge them hitting me with their missiles.  I'll hit them with mine, but since I can only build one a day, I will have to rotate in other attacks.

Maybe reduce missile dmg by 10%, and add 10%dmg if air superiority and 10% dmg if ground superiority.  That would encourage a fight on air and land as well.

Duke of House Greyjoy

the nuke thing thats being brought up on the side doesnt make any sense.

Nukes auto-beige a nation

so they couldnt take more than one a day anyway

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

oh really?

thats a problem then.

you should not be able to attack a beiged nation.

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

I think I do agree I'd like to see a need to rotate attack types other then missile.

In my case, I have to maintain blockades.  If my opponents had ground superiority, they'd be doing real damage to me.  ALL THEY HAVE is missiles since they can't dent my at sea, air or land.  I can't begrudge them hitting me with their missiles.  I'll hit them with mine, but since I can only build one a day, I will have to rotate in other attacks.

Maybe reduce missile dmg by 10%, and add 10%dmg if air superiority and 10% dmg if ground superiority.  That would encourage a fight on air and land as well.

Looking at recent missile stats it does look like Sheepy may have reduced missile damage slightly in the last day or so. But obviously he'll have to confirm that. 

I like the idea though. I do think Sheepy should put in what he said a bit ago about not being able to launch a missile if your opponent has ground superiority, air superiority AND a blockade.

T7Vrilp.png

I dont support limitting the number of missiles hit a nation can take in a day. If that is the case it will severly affect the missiles project relevance. What is the point of anyone having a missiles stockpile when you can hit your enermy only once per day and to make it worse your enermy can only be hit by two missiles per day. 

Hey guys,

Things like this should have been brought up during speedround. You know, the round when you were supposed to be testing the balance of things. Instead nobody gave a shit about any of it except for a few. I know limiting missiles and being able to defense them was brought up multiple times.

Everybody seemed kosher then, so what's changed? Nothing. They're fine.

• Upvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

They can kill 1 improvement and about 200-300 infra. I'm not sure the exact numbers. 

Missiles destroy a percentage of a cities infra. Around 30%, I think.

Edited by TheNG

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Hey guys,

Things like this should have been brought up during speedround. You know, the round when you were supposed to be testing the balance of things. Instead nobody gave a !@#$ about any of it except for a few. I know limiting missiles and being able to defense them was brought up multiple times.

Everybody seemed kosher then, so what's changed? Nothing. They're fine.

Not many people bother to test things out back then , they are more interested in raiding the inactives at the time.

Edited by Vincent