Is the Taliban crisis yet over?

Tarant

The Taliban were always a problem. When new towns were built in afghanistan they destroyed them, when the Us forces pulled out of one place, they pushed in. They will always run Afghan and always be a problem, but our biggest problem right now is ISIS and that other terrorist group operating out of south east Syria...

They will continue to be a problem whilst the West intervenes and the countries are too weak to defend themselves internally. Gotta ask yourself though which is worse, constant Western intervention for the foreseeable future or a weak Arab stat being run by terrorists. Although I would agree the ISIS is the biggest concern at the moment.

"Breaking news - crisis in..." is like opium for our 24 hour news. Used to be rare and indicate something important. Now, it's on every segment. Maybe the crisis over there is distracting us from the crisis here. Obesity.

I think is very true, we have an obsession with sensationalist news

Guys we can't just forget about ISIS, ebola, the immigration executive order, mass shootings, Ferguson, sports players expressing themselves about Ferguson, Eric Garner, Hamas vs Israel, Syria, Ukraine, Iran, the Mexican drug wars, government shutdown, debt ceilings, fiscal cliffs, North Korea, Occupy Hong Kong, NFL domestic violence, bullying, vaping as a gateway to cigarettes, Kony 2012 (remember that?), Kim Kardashian's nudes, and Lady Gaga's new collaboration album with Tony Bennett.

Because it's only possible to be aware of one thing at a time.

• Upvote 1

hxvRjGK.jpg

"Breaking news - crisis in..." is like opium for our 24 hour news. Used to be rare and indicate something important. Now, it's on every segment. Maybe the crisis over there is distracting us from the crisis here. Obesity.

"BAN THE GUNS SPOONS!!!! THE GUNS SPOONS MADE PEOPLE DIE FAT!!!! I DON'T SEE HOW IT IS THIS HARD, AMERICA!!! STOP LETTING THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX SPOON MANUFACTURERS PROFIT OFF OF THIS!!! END THEIR LOBBYING IN CONGRESS!!! GET IT TOGETHER!!!1!!!!!!11!one!1!

<insert BS yuro gun stats here>"

Yeah. 

(Copy paste from some no gun guy)

I'd say it is a crisis just not a massive one compared to ISIS or Ukraine.

This

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Guys we can't just forget about ISIS, ebola, the immigration executive order, mass shootings, Ferguson, sports players expressing themselves about Ferguson, Eric Garner, Hamas vs Israel, Syria, Ukraine, Iran, the Mexican drug wars, government shutdown, debt ceilings, fiscal cliffs, North Korea, Occupy Hong Kong, NFL domestic violence, bullying, vaping as a gateway to cigarettes, Kony 2012 (remember that?), Kim Kardashian's nudes, and Lady Gaga's new collaboration album with Tony Bennett.

Because it's only possible to be aware of one thing at a time.

The too many crises crisis? 

• 2 weeks later...

Since some of you aren't very political, I'll put this into simple terms.

Taliban = League of Assassins

ISIS = Bane.

Bane was kicked out of LoA for being way too radical and booted him out. 

ISIS formed after some Taliban members got too radical and they branched off.

They left a radical terrorist group because it wasn't radical or terroristic enough.

this is not my analogy, I got it from a comic nerd. I don't really know much about Bane or LoA, I just like the reference. 

• Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Al-Qaeda (Taliban is the government that use to run in Afghanistan) will always be a problem. I think, as an American people, we fail to keep up with all that goes on in the Middle East. 

To put it into simpler terms, Al-Qaeda is an Islamic terrorist organization, who follow an SOP (standard operating procedure) and follow guidelines that align to Sharia Law.

ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq & the Levant) is ruthless, and follow no SOP or guidelines. They do what they want, however they want it. 

Yes, Al-Qaeda will always be a problem. But the crisis is with the current threat, not the decades-old one. 

I pray for the soldiers who lost their lives in an effort to preserve and maintain stability in a region of the world where instability is all they have. Godspeed soldiers. 

Edited by VanSputia
  • Upvote 1

ISIS = Bane.

They left a radical terrorist group because it wasn't radical or terroristic enough.

this is not my analogy, I got it from a comic nerd. I don't really know much about Bane or LoA, I just like the reference. 

Pretty accurate except ISIS branched from Al Qaeda, not the Taliban.

Taliban is separate and more local to Afghanistan-Pakistan, associated with AQ in that they allowed AQ to train in Afghanistan pre- 9/11.

hxvRjGK.jpg

ISIS = Bane.

That's so very incorrect.....

Al-Qaeda (Taliban is the government that use to run in Afghanistan) will always be a problem. I think, as an American people, we fail to keep up with all that goes on in the Middle East. 

To put it into simpler terms, Al-Qaeda is an Islamic terrorist organization, who follow an SOP (standard operating procedure) and follow guidelines that align to Sharia Law.

ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq & the Levant) is ruthless, and follow no SOP or guidelines. They do what they want, however they want it. 

Yes, Al-Qaeda will always be a problem. But the crisis is with the current threat, not the decades-old one. 

I pray for the soldiers who lost their lives in an effort to preserve and maintain stability in a region of the world where instability is all they have. Godspeed soldiers. 

Also incorrect.

The Taliban is a completely separate group from AQ. As for Islamic State, that is the result of a merger between numerous organizations over numerous years. And to say that IS lacks SOP but AQ has SOP is pretty stupid.

AQ is just a money making scheme. They promote Salafist Jihad and a Caliphate but don't actually pursue it because they require middle eastern borders to make most of their money.

Islamic State seeks to actually pursue the caliphate and have no desire to tango with Western nations until that's achieved. Unlike AQ, IS actually takes over areas, enforces laws, collects taxes, distributes charity, etc. Everything that an actual government would do, just like an actual government would do it. Islamic State is not just a bunch of crazy people chopping off heads. They're more sophisticated and organized than any modern terror organization. They don't just invade towns and kill people. They take over towns and actually govern them. That's far more than can be said for AQ, an organization who's only real accomplishment was 9/11. An accomplishment which produced nothing for nobody.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

• 3 weeks later...