Navel Blockade

Doom

Alright here is the deal. When I started my wars, I immediately went to blockade them all. Now, 3 or so hours later, the blockade is over. I haven't lost my navy nor lost a sea battle. What the heck. :(

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Alright here is the deal. When I started my wars, I immediately went to blockade them all. Now, 3 or so hours later, the blockade is over. I haven't lost my navy nor lost a sea battle. What the heck. :(

you don't have to lose a sea battle for the blockaded nation to break free. They just need to not have an utter failure.
  • Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

you don't have to lose a sea battle for the blockaded nation to break free. They just need to not have an utter failure.

Except there wasn't any sea battle at all initiated by his opponents nor did Doom lose any ships. But they still broke out of blockade. This is true of all 5 nations he blockaded. The 6th nation he blockaded was also blockaded by someone else so it's unclear if his blockade is working or it's the just his team-mate's.

Doom, did your blockade ever work, I mean you got an immense triumph naval attack but did your opponents ever show up as blockaded on their nation screen or on your war screen?

Edited by Memph

• Administrators

If you look at, for example, this timeline: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=25001

You lost a ship there. Are you sure you had 2 ships before, or did you lose your one ship and then rebuy one ship? If the latter is true, then that blockade ought to have been lifted.

If you at any point had 0 ships, all blockades on all opponents would have been lifted.

I'd be really surprised if there's a bug here.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you look at, for example, this timeline: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=25001

You lost a ship there. Are you sure you had 2 ships before, or did you lose your one ship and then rebuy one ship? If the latter is true, then that blockade ought to have been lifted.

If you at any point had 0 ships, all blockades on all opponents would have been lifted.

I'd be really surprised if there's a bug here

Well now i just went and did another blockade on them, but before, I had 1 ship and it wasnt destroyed at all. My ship being destroyed was way after the blockade was broke :/

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Except there wasn't any sea battle at all initiated by his opponents nor did Doom lose any ships. But they still broke out of blockade. This is true of all 5 nations he blockaded. The 6th nation he blockaded was also blockaded by someone else so it's unclear if his blockade is working or it's the just his team-mate's.

Doom, did your blockade ever work, I mean you got an immense triumph naval attack but did your opponents ever show up as blockaded on their nation screen or on your war screen?

Yes, at the time I was at war with only 4. I managed to blockade them all but then, after a ground attack and air attack on me, I lost it all.

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Naval blockade

a navel blockade would just be weird XD

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

Yes, at the time I was at war with only 4. I managed to blockade them all but then, after a ground attack and air attack on me, I lost it all.

Yep. 

Sheepy if you check the timestamp on his post and mine, you'll see they were made before he lost that ship.

• Administrators

Yep. 

Sheepy if you check the timestamp on his post and mine, you'll see they were made before he lost that ship.

I only glanced at the one war, but it seems to me that what I described is the most likely occurence.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I only glanced at the one war, but it seems to me that what I described is the most likely occurence.

Its not. At the time the blockades broke, I had one ship and i wasnt attacked from the sea or lost it. I shouldnt have lost the blockades.

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Really bugs related to war ought to be given immediate priority because they can have so much impact if it's only the smallest error, I wonder how many ships were lost to that complete failure airstrike on ships thing.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Blockades are useless if they drop randomly. If they see they fell, they are able to stock up and make all the hard work for nothing.

Buy more ships then, they might not randomly go away if you have more.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Buy more ships then, they might not randomly go away if you have more.

So having 15 ships on a nation with 0 isn't enough to keep a blockade up? Keep working for that postcount there Under.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

So having 15 ships on a nation with 0 isn't enough to keep a blockade up? Keep working for that postcount there Under.

Ever consider that maybe those 15 ships had to go eat lunch and the blockade was-oh wait-blockade runners would be a neat concept. You pay 5x the price for the resources and there is a 10% chance you can get those resources, if not they are sunk and disappear forever. Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win