United Nations DoE

Dusty Bottoms

Hello, my name is Dusty Bottoms, President of the UN. I thought we'd make ourselves known even though we're just starting. We don't have an established government yet, but the few members we do have decided on a constitution. We aim to alleviate need wherever we see it and correct injustices throughout Orbis. Here is our Constitution:

Statement of Beliefs: These United Nations stand for justice, helping the helpless, defending the defenseless, educating the unlearned, and aiding those in need. We recognize that Orbis is not a perfect world, and likely never will be. However, that won’t stop us from making it a better, safer, and more secure place.

President: The President’s responsibilities are to enforce the laws the Assembly passes as well as represent the UN abroad. The President can hold Assembly rights, but is not allowed to hold any other government positions. He/she is not authorized to act in any way that isn’t sanctioned by the assembly. In the event of an attack on the United Nations (whether an individual or the entirety of the alliance) the President has the authority to respond to the attacks in whatever way he/she sees fit without approval from the assembly. The President appoints the Vice-President, the Security Council, and the Minister of Defense, Minister of Interior Affairs/Finance, and Minister of Foreign Affairs (pending the Assembly’s confirmation). The President holds his/her post in perpetuity, unless the Assembly holds a vote of no-confidence with a 3/4 “no confident†vote. If the president refuses to yield his/her post, the members of the UN are permitted to use their militaries in an attempt to forcibly remove him/her.

Vice-President: The Vice-President is appointed by the President, and is confirmed by the Assembly with a 51% vote. The Vice-President does not vote unless the Assembly is at a deadlock while attempting to pass a resolution, then the Vice-President vote is allowed to vote (excluding confirmation of himself/herself) In the event that the President is inactive, unavailable, or otherwise incapacitated, the Vice-President assumes the President’s role and responsibilities until either a) the President returns or b ) the Assembly elects a new President.

Security Council: If both the President and Vice-President are inactive, unavailable, or otherwise incapacitated, the Security Council has the authority to act on their behalf until either a) they return or b ) the Assembly elects a new President. Members of the Security Council consist of the Minister of Defense, Minister of Interior/Finance, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and any other nations the President appoints and the Assembly confirms. The Security Council is appointed by the President and require confirmation from the Assembly with a 51% vote.

Ministers: The MoD, MoI/F, and MoFA appointed by the president and require confirmation from the Assembly. They shall receive a stipend to be set by the Assembly. All have the power to hire assistants without confirmation from the Assembly. They are not allowed to be Assembly members.

MoD: The MoD aids the President in areas regarding defense and militarization. He/she organizes the alliance’s militaries and handles the specifics on the battlefield in times of war.

MoI/F: The MoI/F aids the President by ensuring that the alliance grows at peak efficiency. He/she organizes aid for the needy within the alliance.

MoFA: The MoFA aids the President by also representing the alliance abroad. He/she serves as ambassador to other alliances and nations and is responsible for alerting the President to the needs/wants/demands of those that exist outside of the UN.

Assembly: The assembly is comprised of members of the United Nations who have done the following (at a minimum): a) been members for at least two weeks and b ) completed a training exercise comprising of a test on the constitution of the UN, game mechanics, and global politics (to ensure that the Assembly is educated enough to make informed decisions). The assembly has the power to pass resolutions that will be carried out by the President. A simple majority is required for domestic issues, a 2/3 majority is required for forming/revoking treaties (and other foreign affairs), and a 75% vote is required to declare war. A 75% vote is also required to remove the President from office. The assembly shall have the power to modify the Constitution with a 2/3 vote in favor of the amendment. 2/3 of the Assembly is required to vote in order for a resolution to pass.  If the assembly fails to make a quorum 5 successive times, the rest of the assembly may pass resolutions that strip the inactive members of their status in the assembly. A minimum of 10 Assembly members are required to hold a vote. There is no maximum number of Assembly members.

I apologize for this massive wall of text.

Edited by Dusty Bottoms

O/ United Nations

I wish you the best of luck  :)

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Welcome to Orbis!

Looking forward to seeing your alliance prosper

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

O/ United Nations

I wish you the best of luck  :)

Congratulations on the DOE!

Welcome to Orbis!

Looking forward to seeing your alliance prosper

Time to disown the UN. Boooo...(Goodluck)

Congratulations on your new alliance and Best of Luck! :)

Awesome, your charter looks great.

Welcome to Orbis, I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Congrats on the DoE! I wish you the best of luck.

o/ UN

Thank you for the warm welcome everybody. I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Congratulations on the DoE! Have you looked into a flag yet? Or perhaps an IRC channel so we can chat with you? :)

We do have an IRC channel (I'm just not in it all the time) :P . I'm mostly focusing on getting our forums ready for use and helping out the new members of the UN.

Good luck,

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Welcome to Orbis, I echo the sentiment of those who have commented before me. Best of luck.

The United States of Terra wishes the United Nations luck! 

Good luck,

Best of luck.

Best of luck

I believe in your Dusty Bottoms.

Welcome to the world.

Thank you to all of you for the warm welcome as well.

Where are Ned and Lucky?

Lucky was shot (again) and is in the hospital. (of course, he doesn't have insurance, so any donations to the "Lucky Day hospital bill charity" will be greatly appreciated)

Ned finally found the love of his life, and married the girl of his dreams (the love of his life =/= the girl of his dreams). The two share a gorgeous alley behind a Walmart together. They've done wonders with the place too. It was really run down when they got it, but they've probably doubled the value on it. (What did you expect? We were broke movie actors who refused to be payed for saving a town. At least one of us was bound to end up in poverty)