Game Development Assistance: Achievements

Village

Why is the "Beloved" achievement present two times on the spreadhseet ?

Also a small achievement idea : "Rick Rolled" (get rick rolled by having a nation/alliance anthem autoplay on their page)

• Like 1

Why are you trying to move to 2.5x change without addressing the other issues that will stem from it? Also, no change won the vote and of the people who voted for a change, most of them picked the lowest change option presented. You should do what you said and do another poll for 1.75x v 2x v 2.25x v 2.5x. You even said this in your response. Why is this being rushed and pushed through? 

image.thumb.png.67ae77c90912915663e085e5d4d78662.png

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lord Tyrion said:

no change won the vote

To be clear, change won the vote, with the smallest change option being the most popular among them

I.e, the vote was between no change and various degrees of change. Voting for any degree of change counts as a vote for change

Edited by Krampus
  • Upvote 3

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

I think some achievements involving treasures could be cool. Like an achievement to hold/spawn a treasure, one for stealing a treasure, one for holding more than 1 treasure, and a rarer one for holding all 30 treasures at some point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• Developer
2 hours ago, Lordygon said:

Why is the "Beloved" achievement present two times on the spreadhseet ?

Whoopsie, all fixed up. Also neat idea for Rick Rolled!

2 hours ago, Union of Khulna said:

I think you should receive more money for landing on mars than landing on the moon, but other than that it looks good!

I'll take a look at that, I kinda mentally made a few example reward "tiers" and used the same "tier" for both achievements.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I'm hoping this will open the gateway to do stuff, I had this exact post in mind when I designed this one! :)

1 hour ago, Lord Tyrion said:

Why are you trying to move to 2.5x change without addressing the other issues that will stem from it? Also, no change won the vote and of the people who voted for a change, most of them picked the lowest change option presented. You should do what you said and do another poll for 1.75x v 2x v 2.25x v 2.5x. You even said this in your response. Why is this being rushed and pushed through? 

Exactly what Krampus said, the result of the vote was for change, so (as I stated in the thread later on) we picked the change that was most popular. I also never said I would do another poll, I said it was an oversight to not include those options and that I'll rectify it for the next post. In any case, that's not the subject of this post.

1 hour ago, Shwin said:

I think some achievements involving treasures could be cool. Like an achievement to hold/spawn a treasure, one for stealing a treasure, one for holding more than 1 treasure, and a rarer one for holding all 30 treasures at some point.

Agreed, I'll be sure to add a bunch! :)

• Upvote 1

you should either take the part about the 2.5x out of this post or add in that there will be a change but that the exact amount has not been decided yet. if you have already decided on 2.5x then that is very much a subject of this post

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Village said:

Exactly what Krampus said, the result of the vote was for change, so (as I stated in the thread later on) we picked the change that was most popular. I also never said I would do another poll, I said it was an oversight to not include those options and that I'll rectify it for the next post. In any case, that's not the subject of this post.

So why would you not correct an oversight? And it is the subject of this post since you announced your intentions in this post. 2x is looking way more popular than 2.5x, so unless there are other agendas to rush this through, again, why are you rushing such a drastic change? This trying to be done fast or done right?

image.png.a4673fe0e4060b3c5c961d990dadf99a.png

Since there's already achievements for getting the extreme left and extreme right economic policy ratings, I think it would be cool if you could get achievements for getting the fascist and anarchist social policy ratings.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Developer
45 minutes ago, im317 said:

you should either take the part about the 2.5x out of this post or add in that there will be a change but that the exact amount has not been decided yet. if you have already decided on 2.5x then that is very much a subject of this post

It's not the subject of the post, it's a PS noting the results of a poll which had its decision process elaborated upon in the thread itself.

27 minutes ago, Lord Tyrion said:

So why would you not correct an oversight? And it is the subject of this post since you announced your intentions in this post. 2x is looking way more popular than 2.5x, so unless there are other agendas to rush this through, again, why are you rushing such a drastic change? This trying to be done fast or done right?

Again, see above. And no one's rushing a drastic change, it got put in a poll and took me a literal five minutes to implement so I took the five minutes and implemented it.

7 minutes ago, Village said:

It's not the subject of the post, it's a PS noting the results of a poll which had its decision process elaborated upon in the thread itself.

Again, see above. And no one's rushing a drastic change, it got put in a poll and took me a literal five minutes to implement so I took the five minutes and implemented it.

did you just say nobody was rushing a change in the same post you said you implemented something in 5 minutes after having a poll about it that started less then a week ago? that is the very definition of rushed

• Haha 2

• Developer
3 hours ago, Felandos said:

Two achievements I missed from the start:

Login for a month consecutively / Reward $20,000,000

Login for a year consecutively / Reward $200,000,000

I love the ideas, the amounts are probably a bit much but those'll get worked out.

3 hours ago, im317 said:

did you just say nobody was rushing a change in the same post you said you implemented something in 5 minutes after having a poll about it that started less then a week ago? that is the very definition of rushed

Implemented on the test server is not implemented on the main server, implemented on the test server is for testing and planning, there's zero guarantee that it'll make it to prod, I can pull up the entire list of feature flags that got killed if you'd like, there's quite a few at this point.

• Upvote 1

I've got some random ideas :

"Scuttler" (decommission all your ships while at war)

"Rush hour" (have 30 people visit your nation page in 24 hours)

"Pacifist" (have no military units for 1 week)

"USSR" (have at least 10 nukes in a nation with communist policies)

"Time to rebuild" (have lost 20,000 infrastructure in total)

"Self-suficient" (be under blockade for 1 week without suffering from starvation or running out of power)

"Migrant" (change continent)

"It's fine" (lose 8 wars simultaneously)

Edit :

"Violence breeds violence" (declare a war against someone you were already at war with two times before)

"Para bellum" (be fully militarised)

Edited by Lordygon
  • Like 1

Seems good but I have a suggestion; football.

I know it's very hard and difficult to implement it, but football is just better than baseball (for most people like me anyway). Idea's same system as the Orbis baseball league system, just that it's football.

Oh and I think more money should be given for the achievements, because $10,000,000 for 3,000 days old nation/50 cities/Moon landing doesn't exactly seem too much.

Edited by Emmanuel

• Developer
16 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Seems good but I have a suggestion; football.

I know it's very hard and difficult to implement it, but football is just better than baseball (for most people like me anyway). Idea's same system as the Orbis baseball league system, just that it's football.

This would belong in it's own post in the game suggestions forum, if you're serious about wanting it then put it there and it can get properly tracked, although as much as I'd love to add more sports it's not a priority right now so it likely won't get done for ages.

16 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Oh and I think more money should be given for the achievements, because $10,000,000 for 3,000 days old nation/50 cities/Moon landing doesn't exactly seem too much.

It's not meant to be an incredible game changer, and the numbers are rough in any case. We'll look at higher numbers for sure when this gets more final. :)

Also, general PSA, I'm reading every post just not necessarily responding to specific suggestions with a comment, I am however reacting to stuff though so I'm still here! :)

• Upvote 1

"Hannibal ad portas" or "Ad portas" (be attacked by a player who has the "Hannibal" achievement)

"Rule Brittania" (have 942 ships and be located in Europe)

"It's just a scratch" (lose 10 wars consecutively)

"Sun Tzu" or "Karma" (win a defensive war)

"Dog person" or "Dog lover" (basically the same as the cat achievement but for dogs)

"Touch grass" (get to city 30 or play for 2 years)

"What is grass ?" (get to city 40 or play for 3 years)

"Couped" (change nation leader)

"Successful dictator" (be an alliance leader for 1 year consecutively)

Edited by Lordygon
  • Like 1

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. I think there should be some significant rewards for some more difficult achievements. From a technical perspective award money should probably be held in escrow u til all

wars finished. But it would be cool for someone to win a war from cash they gained from

an achievement. 

also, I will add this - I was in 10 wars and there’s no ape achievement smh. I demand the 10

wars achievement be ape-themed, preferably a gorilla. 

• Developer
3 hours ago, MBaku said:

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. I think there should be some significant rewards for some more difficult achievements. From a technical perspective award money should probably be held in escrow u til all

I think significant rewards would be cool, the issue is just figuring out a good balance to prevent achievements just becoming a necessity to grow. Also it'd be in escrow for sure on victory, and I forgot a 10 wars achievement when I added APE but it's gonna come with this stuff!

• Village unpinned this topic