Wars are absolutely terrible

The Titan

• Developer

I'm sorry you don't like it, and I'm sorry there's been bugs, but no we're not going back to the old system. Both internally and externally (discounting the bugs) the new version is objectively better, more usable, and more maintainable than the old and I'm not going to stop modernization and progress because of a few issues and a handful of people's desire for an older layout.

EDIT: For clarification as I put below, this is about the UI and backend, not mechanics. Mechanics are always up for discussion and improvement, but the UI and backend (that system) isn’t going to change. There’s always bugs in software, and we’re doing our best to fix them and revert things promptly, but I’m not going to stop improvements and modernizations because of a few bugs. The game is moving forwards, not backwards.

Edited by Village
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Village said:

I'm sorry you don't like it, and I'm sorry there's been bugs, but no we're not going back to the old system. Both internally and externally (discounting the bugs) the new version is objectively better, more usable, and more maintainable than the old and I'm not going to stop modernization and progress because of a few issues and a handful of people's desire for an older layout.

This is a terrible answer. Like the worst answer you could ever give. You should have just said nothing instead. A wise man said nothing at all.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

47 minutes ago, Pascal said:

The new war formula, although it has nerfed whales, made wars much more RNG based. I don't like this.

When I hit C40s I got 2:1 k/ds 2775 vs 3000.

Later they got 2:1 against me doing 2500 vs 2775. I also got a pyrrhic when attacking with ground and ~50% more army strength so that was cool.

Well, I guess I owe an apology to Village for claiming it would be months when people started complaining. Looks like it was less than two weeks!

1 hour ago, Kastor said:

This is a terrible answer. Like the worst answer you could ever give. You should have just said nothing instead. A wise man said nothing at all.

He is the computer guy, not customer service, what are you expecting here.  Atleast he is giving it to you straight.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Developer

Also, my comments are purely on the rewrite, mechanical changes are absolutely open to redesign and consideration by the design team and community as needed. However, I’m not going to stop working to improve, modernize, and update the game simply because of a few issues that appeared on prod but not the test server. I’m going to do my best to fix those issues and move forwards, not backwards.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

He is the computer guy, not customer service, what are you expecting here.  Atleast he is giving it to you straight.

Notice he came back to fix it lol 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

On 7/26/2023 at 7:01 PM, Village said:

Also, my comments are purely on the rewrite, mechanical changes are absolutely open to redesign and consideration by the design team and community as needed. However, I’m not going to stop working to improve, modernize, and update the game simply because of a few issues that appeared on prod but not the test server. I’m going to do my best to fix those issues and move forwards, not backwards.

Can you - at the very least - not mirror the units on the war page?

Peace in our time

On 7/26/2023 at 7:16 AM, Kastor said:

I don’t dislike the new system actually. I think it works better. Sort the bugs out and i think it’s fine. 

Defenders now have a slight advantage. I like it.

This is exactly the problem. The game should reward taking the initiative.

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

• Developer
5 hours ago, The Titan said:

Can you - at the very least - not mirror the units on the war page?

I'm going to look at it, if I recall correctly it didn't display well non-mirrored, I know I tried it but I designed that part of the card in I think April.

• Like 1