Resource Adjustments Execute Order 66

Prefontaine

• Prefontaine changed the title to Resource Adjustments Execute Order 66

Given the large number of nations that were essentially producing resources on autopilot (and shouldn't have been around), how could eliminating them not cause radical changes in resource production?  Seems like something that should have been foreseen.  

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Given the large number of nations that were essentially producing resources on autopilot (and shouldn't have been around), how could eliminating them not cause radical changes in resource production?  Seems like something that should have been foreseen.  

Those nations were all inactive, so for the most part weren't participating in the in-game economy.

Of course, some of the money and resources they produced was gotten by raiders and sold on the market. It remains to be seen exactly how much of an impact this will have, but raiders will still raid, it just may be a bit harder to find the juiciest target.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think this is a terrible idea imo, if it takes years to get to City 30+, but just 100 days for all that to get deleted if not constantly playing; I'm not going to aim that high.

Good thing these nations can still serve a purpose even inactive. (I'll play for fun still, but won't consider my nation long lasting if it gets deleted if I just don't log in for a while. Get the most out of the game as you can when you're feeling it.)

Those really high city tier are only those playing many years almost non-stop without break than, if they do take a break; it's over for their city count. Real life happens. (I don't mind starting from scratch and aiming high, since so far I think if I do make a high city count nation; it won't be destroyed unless I want it to be and cause it to be somehow, Act of self destruction.)

Now I'm motivated? Year from now will I be? If I take a break for a year, would I want a year of work climbing to 20+ cities to matter; if it ever was? Of course don't want it deleted.

Edited by Anarchist Empire

10 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Vacation mode exists. Use it.

Most nations aren't thinking about that if a distraction from the game. Mostly alliances getting rolled to prevent more declares on them use that to escape.

2 Effects of this, one is you're doing so nations can be lost when someone checks back if they forget to do vacation mode. The other is you're trying to get rid of any advantage low city nations have in reaching potential targets, where maybe they can get 5k resources and have a chance of catching up. Neither I think is desirable. (Game isn't as exciting if I feel I need to take out a loan of billions to reach a high city count, rather than being able to earn it.) Only real reason to delete nation accounts is because it's a server issue & server can't handle the load. Think when this game first game out, nations would get deleted after short amount of time not active. (That was holding the game back, later when I checked it again that wasn't an issue. Now going back to that?)

Let's say emergency situation, I need ot fly out of the county no notice; since friend flees to foreign county only I have contacts. So they need me and relatives need me, game would be last thing on my mind. I'd come back to it later when thinking about it if my nation wouldn't be deleted just because I don't play for a bit, like telling people stay constantly active or don't come back. Maybe if gone long enough, is time to say farewell for good. However I think that is a bad idea.

Food consumption increase, resource increase? Those changes do them if you want, but don't delete nations. That was worst part of this suggestion, other things can put up with it. Barely use any uranium or food anyways. (The deletion thing reminds me of when this game was alpha and nations would just get deleted if you're inactive some, so don't play a little bit and no reason to look back.) If deleting the nations is to try proving whether resources should be increased in cost, just boost their value without doing the deletion thing.

Friends I had like 2 years or so back, are they even active still some of them? If they come back would their nation still be here? I would hope there nation isn't deleted just because they went inactive some. No point telling them I think they should come back if I could get hold on discord if I know they've been deleted.

So I can adapt to any of these changes, including whether I think my nation if permanent or not; assuming I don't break any rules & game is still running. Just less reason to aim high if it's highly expendable. (Honestly think if you want nations to spend money on this game for credits; don't threaten to delete their nations if they take some time off & aren't thinking about vacation mode.)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Bolivar said:

This.

You can say that, but unless my alliance told me enter for some reason and I agreed; don't think I would. Either I'd think I'll probably log in before it gets deleted, since usually don't plan I'm going to take a year off ahead. Either way, this is a politics and war game. Maybe we just all play how we want & endless city accumulation is only suited for with the most extreme long term uninterrupted dedication. Rest of us? We can fun without caring about the top tier and endlessly grinding their.

Add in-game poker for a real in-game big improvement. Can use this game for a mix of browser distraction & spreading political ideas; since can buy credits with in-game money and promote whatever political ideas you want. I'd want to spread Libertarainism, etc. So game still is useful & I can deal with it if this happens. I just it's a bad idea much worse than the resource thing.

This change would make me even more unlikely to be willing to take any loans (Or Grants, don't want them to waste money if I'm not sure this game is a life long commitment; always active)from my alliance to grow my city & figure better to stay low; focus on making our alliance as strong in my tier as I can. While it is also strong in the areas it specializes. So adapt.

So ultimately do whatever, but this is worse than the resource suggestion on it's own. Just do that if you want. (Also I see some people got an achievement when this game passed CN in nation count, after this game stopped deleting nations. Do we want CN to pass us in nation count again?)

2 hours ago, Anarchist Empire said:

You can say that, but unless my alliance told me enter for some reason and I agreed; don't think I would. Either I'd think I'll probably log in before it gets deleted, since usually don't plan I'm going to take a year off ahead. Either way, this is a politics and war game. Maybe we just all play how we want & endless city accumulation is only suited for with the most extreme long term uninterrupted dedication. Rest of us? We can fun without caring about the top tier and endlessly grinding their.

Add in-game poker for a real in-game big improvement. Can use this game for a mix of browser distraction & spreading political ideas; since can buy credits with in-game money and promote whatever political ideas you want. I'd want to spread Libertarainism, etc. So game still is useful & I can deal with it if this happens. I just it's a bad idea much worse than the resource thing.

This change would make me even more unlikely to be willing to take any loans (Or Grants, don't want them to waste money if I'm not sure this game is a life long commitment; always active)from my alliance to grow my city & figure better to stay low; focus on making our alliance as strong in my tier as I can. While it is also strong in the areas it specializes. So adapt.

So ultimately do whatever, but this is worse than the resource suggestion on it's own. Just do that if you want. (Also I see some people got an achievement when this game passed CN in nation count, after this game stopped deleting nations. Do we want CN to pass us in nation count again?)

TLDR; you don’t get deleted after 97 days 😛 you’re first forced into VM for a set amount of time, between 60 and 365 days.

• Upvote 3

Bosun of The Dead Rabbits of 5P

5 hours ago, Anarchist Empire said:

I think this is a terrible idea imo, if it takes years to get to City 30+, but just 100 days for all that to get deleted if not constantly playing; I'm not going to aim that high.

If you haven't logged in for over 3 months, are you really still playing the game?  you know the amount of time that is 5 times greater than the amount of time you have put into the game.  (This is coming from someone who has been playing since day 1 of the game aka almost 9 years.)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anarchist Empire said:

Good thing these nations can still serve a purpose even inactive. (I'll play for fun still, but won't consider my nation long lasting if it gets deleted if I just don't log in for a while. Get the most out of the game as you can when you're feeling it.)

Those really high city tier are only those playing many years almost non-stop without break than, if they do take a break; it's over for their city count. Real life happens. (I don't mind starting from scratch and aiming high, since so far I think if I do make a high city count nation; it won't be destroyed unless I want it to be and cause it to be somehow, Act of self destruction.)

Now I'm motivated? Year from now will I be? If I take a break for a year, would I want a year of work climbing to 20+ cities to matter; if it ever was? Of course don't want it deleted.

Forgive me if I don't take the opinion of a c6 who built to 2k infrastructure too seriously. Especially considering he's 18 days old.

image1.png

On 6/12/2023 at 7:51 AM, Prefontaine said:

A follow-up to this thread there have been some changes. The following changes are now scheduled to occur when Village Alex is able to activate a previously approved deletion schedule for inactive accounts. The below information will now be enforced:

image.thumb.png.27a17b58c4a16ddef539f979c6cdba6e.png

In addition the following econ changes will occur. 

POWER PLANT INCREASES
Nuclear 1.2 tons per day -> 2.4 tons per day

FOOD CONSUMPTION
Formula Change: (basePop)^2/125m + ((basePop) * (age modifier) - basePop)/850
(for more information on the food change see here)

Posted this thread this morning on hide for when the changes came through. Seems with the snafu in the roll out this getting revealed and announced was left on standby. We can see raws dropped significantly with order 66. 

Iimage.png

I'm updating via phone so I don't want to type out all the numbers when someone posted an image in the design channel.

That means less inactives to raid and is the power thing just for Nuclear power? @Prefontaine

Edited by Marshall Tucker

50 minutes ago, iAlrea said:

Forgive me if I don't take the opinion of a c6 who built to 2k infrastructure too seriously. Especially considering he's 18 days old.

Forgive me if I don't take the opinion of someone (1,918 Days Old) & 36 City Count seriously; when you post like this. (Yes, for you anything which benefits the lower tier is bad & you plan to log in constantly to make sure you keep your city count regardless; don't care if others are motivated to catch up. Probably.)

Delete the competition & make it not even worth anyone trying to catch up in cities; then you can be King of your pile of nothing. Alex is the one who's opinion really matters. I think he cares about having a game with more people joining and investing time, rather than just trying to appeal to small group of core players; who have invested so many years in this game they will never leave & just try to be on top until it's dead.

Alex has the most to gain or lose by doing good or bad suggestions. Your opinion doesn't matter, since you're opinion is just we don't care about each other's opinions. What Alex decides matters, not you. What you or anyone else thinks of my opinion doesn't matter, unless you can convince me with logic that I'm wrong. However you're not the Admin,, if Alex said that maybe I wouldn't bother with the sub forum. Other than that doesn't matter. I think he's well meaning in wanting to do updates, it's just not all ideas are good ideas. I think I'm right and he'll be able to see that. If not, not going to throw a fit. Just give the advice I think is best. Try breaking the game so new nations can't catch up & ton of other high city nations are deleted just for being inactive; I'll just consider your city count to be a freebie prestige award for playing this long rather than anything special. (Don't suddenly break the game and sure I could there much faster.)

Deleting everyone's nation for being inactive a bit is pretty much saying, anytime they put into getting cities only matters as long as they stay consistently active. Server can't handle keeping accounts long. (I say it's worth a server upgrade over deleting inactives though.)

Next City: $7m

Not including resources, so I'm at the city count I want to be at right now.

Money Looted:

$111,652,608.24

• Downvote 2

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Those nations were all inactive, so for the most part weren't participating in the in-game economy.

Of course, some of the money and resources they produced was gotten by raiders and sold on the market. It remains to be seen exactly how much of an impact this will have, but raiders will still raid, it just may be a bit harder to find the juiciest target.

Resources are still going up in price and have been since I came back. Make things use more resources if you feel it's needed, but no need to delete the inactives to prove the obvious. Most of the resources are on inactives and not effecting the economy. (Unless these huge city nations are hoarding a ton of it to drive the price up; betting on you doing this change. They buy a billion Iron at 1.2k & 2.4k they double their profits. If it goes to 3.5k like lead is now, they more than triple it. Whether it's whales who have accumulated a ton betting to profit big on this or mostly inactive hardly makes a difference. Do the change or not without deleting inactives I say.)

However if you do the change to make resources more expensive, smaller nations at least can extract some benefit from raid targets in their range with resources others can't reach. You delete that & you delete many of your players/members; as well as make this change much worse for smaller nations who could be raiding those inactives to try catching up. Even if this mostly just benefit the whales who have hoarded a ton of resources already, if you don't delete inactives won't be a complete bad thing for new players.

Blew like $-69,723,264 in Keno already with these suggestions, almost seems to not matter to try & just bet on getting lucky; or not. However $1b max cap on Keno winning means you can't even get rich hitting the jackpot on that anymore.

8 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Vacation mode exists. Use it.

I am quite literally here because Vacation Mode exists.  I walked away unsure I'd ever return.

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If you haven't logged in for over 3 months, are you really still playing the game?  you know the amount of time that is 5 times greater than the amount of time you have put into the game.  (This is coming from someone who has been playing since day 1 of the game aka almost 9 years.)

Numbers don't lie and the majority of people who are gone over 3 months never return.  The numbers are worse for newer and smaller nations.

3 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I am quite literally here because Vacation Mode exists.  I walked away unsure I'd ever return.

Numbers don't lie and the majority of people who are gone over 3 months never return.  The numbers are worse for newer and smaller nations.

You make it sound like coming back is a mistake. lol. We want them to though I think?

On 6/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, Anarchist Empire said:

You make it sound like coming back is a mistake. lol. We want them to though I think?

Mistake?  No.  My point was to agree with Keegoz.  If you're unsure about your further participation or simply know that you won't be around, there is a remedy other than quitting.  Indeed, you're more likely to return if you go into VM than if you have to start from scratch.

That said, SRD has a point though.  People who simply disappear for three month aren't playing.

Statistically speaking, most are typically for good.

8 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Mistake?  No.  My point was to agree with Keegoz.  If you're unsure about your further participation or simply know that you won't be around, there is a remedy other than quitting.  Indeed, you're more likely to return if you go into VM than if you have to start from scratch.

That said, SRD has a point though.  People who simply disappear for three month aren't playing.

Statistically speaking, most are typically for good.

I decided I'm back in even if I got Alex to delete my old self, since don't think the game is broken yet where it matters. Don't break it is my advice to Alex. I don't want to play a broken game.

8 hours ago, George Clooney said:

Yeah, sure. If I decide the changes are bad enough, could VM nation & come back later to see if the game has improved. However vacation mode shouldn't be required not to get deleted, it's to escape attack if you care. Most people who go inactive it's because they don't care at the time, better to give them something to come back to; then remove any reason for them to consider coming back imo.

I'll help him and trying with my posts, since there isn't a better nation sim I decided.

Bad moderation and lack of adding new things is worse thing he can do for game. Balance changes aren't the updrades most want and those who do have ulterior motives often. This isn't an update if it adds nothing new.  Activity Center was a notable update I noticed when back. So I already see he's trying and hasn't abandoned the game, but his isn't it when people are looking if things are added or not. (Nobody is perfect, even Alex can succumb to pressure from people weaponizing him if enough of it, but he's trying at least.)

Personally I think Immortals entrance showed the war was going to turn around and he made the wrong call on NPO, we would have won anyways. However that's in the past. lol 

In CN beating NPO at the top their game meant something, since they nobody thought they could be beat. It only mattered because it was done without using moderation as a weapon. Recognition for defeating them from others means nothing, but this game Alex defeated them sort of. CN after NPO was defeated, I lost interest. Since nobody stronger, but game being competitive is good. Don't break it.

(Caving into people who convince him balance changes they think will makes the game easier to win for them are updates worth doing (To prove he cares about the game still) & banning/deleting those who don't deserve it are his biggest threats. This suggestion is both.) Weaponizing Alex was wrong way to beat NPO, even if inevitably they would have been had he not. (Win legit. Only care if a game isn't rigged for the status quo to be unbeatable. maybe.)

If I feel the game isn't rigged in way so a new nation can't win no matter what, maybe I'll try. If it's rigged so only those who started playing many years earlier can, probably not. It's broken yet though.

This game, who is the best? Rose, Mayham, Aurora? All opinions. Alex should avoid listening to those crying to him to code the game for them to win. NPO almost did him a favor giving an enemy worth beating in the game. Those who fear my return might suggest all kinds of balance changes to try making my rise impossible. Change nothing is better than updates like this I think.

(Adding new content perioidcally, like Projects, Perks, etc, can keep people feeling like he hasn't abandoned it. He should avoid balance changes which benefit the status quo & add stuff to show he caress about the game. Not give into pressure.

Players can be classified in many ways.

Some think stats & time played determine their worth & good at the game they are.

Some know how good they are at the game & games potential.

Those who aren't actually good at the game, but want to win without trying might push bad ideas to make it possible to win even if really bad at the game. For being top of a rigged game means nothing, only if it's not rigged would aiming for it mean anything. There changes are concerning since seem to push the game more towards just time waster browser game to fill time with you get deleted if you don't keep logging in enough. Which is sily. (If motivates behind why someone brought up suggestion to begin with was bad, probably just going to wreck the game if he keeps entertaining it. FIrst it was make the resouces top nations have had plenty of time to accumulate twice as valuable, now it's delete anyone inactive, in order to ensure any supply they can't reach is deleted. I think this game still has enough of a chance, I'd be willing to take on on an advisor role if he needs good help to try avoiding mistakes & helping with ideas. I don't want to do the work coding a game like this, so he brings some value to the world. I'd rather help him than see him fail.

NPO's logic might been accept no defeat. Win. Good when there are alliances with that kind of motivation to try with effort However moderation or balance changes to win aren't the right way & mean nothing if winning that way. Just remain trapped to something meaningless, since invested to much time already. I don't care for recognition of my role defeating NPO in CN or PnW at their height; since was just some to do. Don't feel like they really got defeated in this game the right way though, but mistakes happen. Move on. Let's make this game good.

(Would be kind of cool if he could integrate crypto somehow, so this game is more than just a pointless browser distraction game. Where you know you know it's not productive and never will be in the real world, but have time to kill. 

• Upvote 1