Ruler slap!

P2K

I think nations should be able to in some way insult the ruler of another nation by having him slapped. Maybe send a spy sometimes he will get caught and not make it. Sometimes almost make it. Sometimes make it the whole way and actually slap the ruler. 

But really what about having a way to have the ruler assassinated. It wouldn't end the nation but they would have to rename their ruler and maybe send the nation into uproar or something like that. Have a chance of hurting the economy or something. I know this would make you think you would have to rename your ruler. Most people obviously want to keep their ruler name the same. But it could maybe just put like P2K the 2nd instead of just P2K. the 2nd wouldn't even really be in your real name it would just show it next to it when someone looks at your nation. I think there is a way this could be implemented into the game. I think it should be pretty hard to accomplish this though. There could be multiple different ways you could have you spy plan on doing this. Some will work better with certain types of nations. But it shouldn't be defined very well it should be more random then anything. This way people can't just figure out over time exactly how to have the best chances of achieving this just by looking at the nation. Maybe spying on that nation to get details about the nation to help the planned assassination go right.

Take it how ever you want. but I think if done right this could potentially make the game a little more fun. It could obviously use some more thoughts to make it so it isn't completely stupid & pointless.

Maybe your ruler name wouldn't even change at all. It would just show that this has happened to the nation. Maybe also show what it did to the nations economy, Military, Stock market ect.

Just for using the name Reagan should be assassinated period whether it is implemented into the game or not.

ya no, im fine with the name Dark Specter ive been using it for almost three years now and i dont want to rename my ruler to DS the second because some one wanted to assassinate my nations ruler.

• Upvote 2

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I think nations should be able to in some way insult the ruler of another nation by having him slapped. Maybe send a spy sometimes he will get caught and not make it. Sometimes almost make it. Sometimes make it the whole way and actually slap the ruler. 

But really what about having a way to have the ruler assassinated. It wouldn't end the nation but they would have to rename their ruler and maybe send the nation into uproar or something like that. Have a chance of hurting the economy or something. I know this would make you think you would have to rename your ruler. Most people obviously want to keep their ruler name the same. But it could maybe just put like P2K the 2nd instead of just P2K. the 2nd wouldn't even really be in your real name it would just show it next to it when someone looks at your nation. I think there is a way this could be implemented into the game. I think it should be pretty hard to accomplish this though. There could be multiple different ways you could have you spy plan on doing this. Some will work better with certain types of nations. But it shouldn't be defined very well it should be more random then anything. This way people can't just figure out over time exactly how to have the best chances of achieving this just by looking at the nation. Maybe spying on that nation to get details about the nation to help the planned assassination go right.

But you should be able to attack the nation that slapped your ruler, no matter their strength.

Otherwise, brilliant suggestion.

Edited by Mikhail Gorbachev

• Administrators

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I am not going to get spoken to about this topic. I really did not think anyone had thought of anything like this seriously. Never mind the SAME exact thing really. But I think mine is a little more real. this could actually be put into use into the game if wanted and done right. I do believe! I don't have a dream. but "I have a thought!"

• Administrators

I am not going to get spoken to about this topic. I really did not think anyone had thought of anything like this seriously. Never mind the SAME exact thing really. But I think mine is a little more real. this could actually be put into use into the game if wanted and done right. I do believe! I don't have a dream. but "I have a thought!"

I said "see {that thread}" so that we could merge two similar discussions.

The idea is potentially a good one, and having a "Ruler Slap" as a random result of some sort of insult operation would be neat.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Take it how ever you want. but I think if done right this could potentially make the game a little more fun. It could obviously use some more thoughts to make it so it isn't completely stupid & pointless.

Maybe your ruler name wouldn't even change at all. It would just show that this has happened to the nation. Maybe also show what it did to the nations economy, Military, Stock market ect.

Just for using the name Reagan should be assassinated period whether it is implemented into the game or not.

Yeah, what I'm objecting to is anything that would require users to have to changer their name.  We come to know each other by our names, register at offsite forums under our names, and have to have our names match in these forums.  Being forced to change it wouldn't be worth the headache it would cause.  Any other form of this idea may be worth exploring, just not that.

...and Reagan was the greatest President of modern times,  They tried to assassinate him and failed.  Keep that in mind. ;)

• Upvote 2

c3Ct0v4.png

I said "see {that thread}" so that we could merge two similar discussions.

The idea is potentially a good one, and having a "Ruler Slap" as a random result of some sort of insult operation would be neat.

I knew What your were implying. I was just being a wise butt. Thats how it's done here in P&W so thats how i'll do it.

Yeah, what I'm objecting to is anything that would require users to have to changer their name.  We come to know each other by our names, register at offsite forums under our names, and have to have our names match in these forums.  Being forced to change it wouldn't be worth the headache it would cause.  Any other form of this idea may be worth exploring, just not that.

...and Reagan was the greatest President of modern times,  They tried to assassinate him and failed.  Keep that in mind. ;)

I agree I was thinking the same thing after I thought more about it last night obviously as you see. But I kind of like the idea of putting the 2nd or 3rd next to your ruler name. It wouldn't actually be part of your real ruler name. It would just show it in black unlinked letters ingame next to your ruler name when someone looks at your nation.

P3K, P4K, P5K, P6K...I see why he wants this suggestion. He'd never run out of names. :mellow:

I want this implemented soley so I can assassinate Adama and have him demoted each time. :P

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

I can imagine a no-stat-effects spy operation being a sort of "you got owned" thing to do when you've just crushed someone in war.

I don't object to perhaps having the option to change the ruler's name. Although that's a service that currently costs $10, so why would it be made free?

hxvRjGK.jpg

I do not approve of how the name change issue was addressed. Adding "the 2nd (or II)", etc. would not work for all people. My country is historically based, my leader is Nicholas II... a real person who was the second and no other ordinal number.

In specific to this idea, I very much like the idea, but not the whole "slap" concept. I like P&W for it being comparable to real life. If there were an option to "condemn" the action of another country or not recognize another, I, personally, would really like that.

i.e.: Nation X declares war on Nation Y (as it would be seen in the newly added nation activity box), (then added to that note could be...) Nation Z condemns this action

i.e.: Where I was going with this one is that some countries do not recognize Palestine; however, it is true that Palestine exists. The same could be done for alliances.

I have seen posts (on the P&W forum) of people condemning international actions and not recognizing the legitimacy of other countries/alliances, so I believe this would be an applicable addition.

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg