Alliance Spy Op

Viselli

One big thing during alliance wars is guessing the alliance you are at war with warchest. People speculate about alliance warchests and sometimes rumors start that alliances are broke. I propose a spy op that can only be run on alliance officers. Instead of gathering intel from their nation, you get intel on the bank of the alliance. It does not have to provide a full picture of the bank, but partial pictures put together across multiple spy ops would provide vital intelligence and keep spies prevalent throughout a global.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

gg-fu-banner.png

14 hours ago, dtc justice said:

And why would it be beneficial for everyone to know every alliances' wealth? Thats pretty dumb lol

We already have bots that can estimate it pretty well this gives an in game tool that is accessible for more people

gg-fu-banner.png

3 hours ago, Viselli said:

We already have bots that can estimate it pretty well this gives an in game tool that is accessible for more people

Alex should just continue to make it easier for folks to access API data, and possibly add more data to the API. Then, a person with half a brain and some effort can go about doing the math and analyses required to predict and model things they don't have direct access to. That's what you'd be doing in real life too; you would be collecting data with your research team, and then buildings models to help you analyze and summarize your findings.

In real life, there isn't a magic button that a national intelligence agency presses to obtain information. You want to actually spy on alliances and gain their internal intelligence? Then get better at FA and have their gov spill the beans to you. Or plant your own spy within an enemy alliance and have them rise up the ranks and gain access to information. The only button that maybe makes sense is the ability to "hack" financial databases of enemy alliances in a way that real life nations may hack each other or something. But, this is not a fair mechanic for a game, in my opinion. 

This alliance spy op that you proposed is basically what dumb or lazy people need. The game is better when people do things that are more intelligent. I understand that the intention behind this idea may be to make things more accessible for more people; however, at the end of the day, this is a game about politics and war. Political intrigue and war plotting, economic analysis and planning, these things are more complex than the average player would ever be able to do on their own. But that is exactly what makes them the more interesting parts of this game. The more buttons we start adding that reduce the need for a brain, the more boring the game is going to get. You need to add buttons that increase strategic complexity, not reduce them.

At the end of the day, P&W is really more of a sandbox-type game, and your experience in it is up to how well you can climb ladders within organizations, create organizations, influence people, create tools, create processes, etc. The people who actually have skills or the desire to learn plus a natural aptitude are more likely to experience and play the game to its fullest extent. The rest of the players that don't have the time, natural ability, skills, and/or desire to learn are likely here simply for the community or because they have been playing for a while and it's a way to distract themselves. I don't think you should be able to do all the fancy "S-Tier" things that an "S-Tier" player can pull off if you are actually "D-Tier." In League of Legends, you can't expect an Iron player to compete with Challenger.

Here is my little rant, enjoy :)

• Like 1

I don’t get it.   What credible alliance doesn’t also use an offshore or well protected outside bank to guard the mother load? Alliance level bank values are meaningless except when the occasional 1-2% extra looting against happens after a member loses a war. Hence the reason the offshore exists in the first place.    I’m with @Valkorion Baratheon on making additional API info available, though.   There are tons of useful things that Alex could add to the game if he wanted to. 

On 12/1/2021 at 9:15 AM, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

sitting on a little over 8 billion dollars right now, its a bit higher than I would like it to be at.  I would prefer it to be around 2-3 billion.

i thoguht u guys dont do taxes??