Why Windows?

Nathan I

*deletes Windows 7*

*installs Windows 8*

Brrrr, this OS is so bad. But seriously I upgraded to Windows 8 and it's the same as Win 7 except it's not that much for gaming. Don't know that was a smart choice...

• Upvote 1

ka4k09.jpg

• Administrators

Windows 8 is a lot like Windows 7, but performs better/uses less system resources. I haven't had any issues with Windows 8 since I started using it on my new PC.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Windows 8 is built on the Windows 7 framework, but as Sheepy said, performs better and uses less resources.  Still, I'm not a fan of the interface.  Windows 10 is right around the corner, though.  I think you'll be happier with it when it becomes available.

• Upvote 1

ruvwf3L.png

"You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."

• Administrators

Still, I'm not a fan of the interface.

The only main difference I've noticed is the Metro UI, but I just simply don't use it. I only ever see it if I accidentally click the Windows key, really. Other than that it works just like I'd expect Windows 7 to.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Windows 8.1 is better, honestly. 

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

That isn't saying much, as I'd go so far as to say that ME was better than 8.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

*deletes Windows 7*

*installs Windows 8*

Brrrr, this OS is so bad. But seriously I upgraded to Windows 8 and it's the same as Win 7 except it's not that much for gaming. Don't know that was a smart choice...

Win 8 is better for gaming with newer hardware. You'll get a better frame rate with Win 8 compared to win 7 on the same hardware, however it's still weird to use and takes a while to get used too.

However it does lag me quite a bit, especially with hardcore games, as I have Intel i5 3.20 Ghz processor and Nvidia 680 Ti.

As somebody who is very skeptical of Windows 8 complaints, this strikes me as odd. How can you tell what is causing the lag? As well, on what games? It sounds to me like your specs are what's causing the lag more so than any OS.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

The only main difference I've noticed is the Metro UI, but I just simply don't use it. I only ever see it if I accidentally click the Windows key, really. Other than that it works just like I'd expect Windows 7 to.

But the "Shut Down" is hidden somewhere. 

AWWW HELL TO THE NO!!!! 

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht080665

I JUST GOT THE FIX THIS WEEKEND AND IT IS BUGGY AS !@#$! 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Even 98 was better, the bar is set pretty low.

I've still got a computer in my office running on 98. That shit was solid.

• Upvote 1

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

• Administrators

But the "Shut Down" is hidden somewhere. 

If you just open the Metro UI it's in the top right corner. Takes a little while to adjust to, but it's not like you have to solve a crossword puzzle before you can shut down your PC :P

Why Windows?

Because everything Apple is horrible.... besides Itunes and ipods I like those...

You should check out Spotify. I seriously can foresee it making iTunes obsolete.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

You should check out Spotify. I seriously can foresee it making iTunes obsolete.

Preach. The subscription service is the way of the future. Spotify had paid for itself ten times over. New releases thr day they arrive, instantly streaming to all of my devices. All it needs now is Chromecast support and it's perfect.

• Upvote 2

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

If you just open the Metro UI it's in the top right corner. Takes a little while to adjust to, but it's not like you have to solve a crossword puzzle before you can shut down your PC :P

>muh like quota limit

I got Classic Shell, so I have the start button with the shut down there. 

Yeah, Spotify is awesome. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I ran W98SE for a long long time.  SO much better then @95.  And then along came XP and I was set for a decade.

XP was the shit, 7 is quite nice.

To be honest, I want 10 to fail so hard. Will give me a reason to run Debian KDE with Win 7 VM when needed.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

>paying for music that isn't even yours

lmao

Spotify is free, with ads, or for $13 a month you basically have unlimited music downloads and playback of like, every song, with no ads and great quality. Way, way better than paying $1.29 per song, and also way better than having to torrent everything. Plus, by being able to download the songs, I don't waste all my data. I love spotify :P

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Spotify is free, with ads, or for $13 a month you basically have unlimited music downloads and playback of like, every song, with no ads and great quality. Way, way better than paying $1.29 per song, and also way better than having to torrent everything. Plus, by being able to download the songs, I don't waste all my data. I love spotify :P

I was surprised to find that Spotify allows streaming in 320kbps for paid users, but I still like owning my music. Makes me wonder why they don't just use v0 and save everyone a lot of bandwidth, though. Also, 160kbps for free users is garbage quality... almost as bad as 128kbps from iTunes.

Edited by Hereno