[Test Server] Allow for spawning resources & cash etc.

Sketchy

Basically, I think you should allow players on the test server the ability to spawn resources, cash, military units, etc. 

If it's purpose is to test not to play, you should make it easier for people to do so that they can actually test the mechanics and spend less time growing so they can test w/e they want to.

Also remove inactive account deleting.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 6

XLL3z4T.gif

^ very good idea

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Every war would devolve into players building max improvements in every city and being indifferent to looting and any wartime destruction of infra or improvements. Nation score would be entirely dependent upon nation age (i.e. cities built) and there would be no penalty for selling down to hit anyone whose score was within war range of the total score or your cities.

Those all seem like pretty important mechanics to effectively not test.

Every war would devolve into players building max improvements in every city and being indifferent to looting and any wartime destruction of infra or improvements. Nation score would be entirely dependent upon nation age (i.e. cities built) and there would be no penalty for selling down to hit anyone whose score was within war range of the total score or your cities.

Those all seem like pretty important mechanics to effectively not test.

Then don't do any of those things? If people are "playing" on the test server, they shouldn't be anyway.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

I like the idea, and it makes things more fun. 

Does make sense, only things I could see going wrong might be if people try and convert this to PnW - or I am retarded and cant code and saying stupid stuff

People getting nukes and going on rampage.. You know in NATRP when people go full GMOD, or when you have that friend who will never say NYET! 

I like the idea, it might even get people on there for the lulz xP

sig.gif

The issue I have with this is that if players can build max whatever whenever they want then wars won't be realistic, which is what should be happening if we want it to translate to the real server. Furthermore, with unlimited money people would just build to 9999 land and 10000 infra just like before the server reset a week ago (totally not me  :unsure:)

I like this idea though since people are more or less spawning multis in order to get the money/resources anyways. Especially in order to test out the new nuke concept and how effective we can make max spies, something along these lines should be implemented. Maybe there can be a cap on how many resources and how much money we spawn at a time, or maybe there can be a time limit for when we can spawn in max military again, kind of like cities?

The issue I have with this is that if players can build max whatever whenever they want then wars won't be realistic, which is what should be happening if we want it to translate to the real server. Furthermore, with unlimited money people would just build to 9999 land and 10000 infra just like before the server reset a week ago (totally not me  :unsure:)

I like this idea though since people are more or less spawning multis in order to get the money/resources anyways. Especially in order to test out the new nuke concept and how effective we can make max spies, something along these lines should be implemented. Maybe there can be a cap on how many resources and how much money we spawn at a time, or maybe there can be a time limit for when we can spawn in max military again, kind of like cities?

If you are actually serious about testing the mechanics, then you won't "cheat".

All the arguments against this are so redundant. It's a test server, if you signed up to it to "play", you are an idiot, period.

As of now, in order to organically test things you want to, you need to ACTUALLY PLAY, aka invest time in the test server. Which is retarded.

I'd even got further, and suggest the ability to literally add/remove cities, spawn units at will, reset your cities etc.

If the point of the test server is to test, then it's going to be alot more efficient if the people who ACTUALLY want to TEST these mechanics can just get in and simulate various different scenarios in order to better figure out how shit works.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

If every time the server reset, there was about a week without war and people started out in the range of 6-8 cities, you might see a better test case. Right now there's no real scarcity on test server because people can make a brazillion multies and dump their contents over to themselves.

Right now between the server being so small and whomever wins the post reset scramble basically dominating it until it's broken again I have no way of really knowing what kind of helpful data Alex gets from it.

The more I think about this idea the more I like it. Kind of off topic: TEst has been talking about civil war (don't ask why) and I think I could persuade a fair number of them to join test server if we are able to set our nations to whatever we like. At the current rate, building to 20 cities for example would take over a month, whereas if we could set what we want we can start testing immediately. This should allow for some kind of strategy as well to be formulated as I'd expect it to be different for different tiers of nations. Point is - most people will honestly test for the sake of testing, and the few that don't won't be a problem.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure using test server as a way of avoiding using resources on the live server should be the goal. We should just be testing shit. If yall want to fight it out on test, that's reasonable, but some amount of scarcity should be a part of testing. Possibly not starting from square one, but definitely not full customization.

I don't know how viable this would be for Alex to make, but private servers would be great to implement this on. Like you set up a group with a password to join so you and a group of cooperating players can test things in pre arranged scenarios.

bw0643E.gif

Sheepy always resets it to a stupid point.

Just make it so it's reset to 10 cities, all with 2k infra, Ironworks/gas reserves/bauxite works or whatever for whatever continent they are on, CCE, and CIA.... And give them a proper warchest.

Then let em go :D

That'll test your mechanics.

As noted by hidude, there are different strategies for different tiers.

Reset the nations every once in a while (3 weeks), and choose a different tier for them to test out.

Edit: Hidude denies having said anything at all to me about this subject at all, and you should believe him 100% when he says that.

Edited by Ryleh