Ground Battle Stupidity

Canik

Attacking Soldiers (Available: 220)

Don't Use Munitions Attacking Tanks (Available: 49) Defending Soldiers: 0 Defending Tanks: 0

220 Soldiers + 49 Tanks VS 0 Soldiers 0 Tanks

Guess who wins?

The guy with 0 Soldiers 0 Tanks!

This makes no sense, plz fix.

FirstDraft-v2_zps55ce6098.png

I ran sims 10 times with 200 soldiers no munitions against a 2000 infra city. Apparently the sims aren't taking into account this.

Then I ran 2 attacks against an 800 infra city on test server. 200 soldiers no munitions, both came out phyrric victories. You're attacking into around 900 infra with far more value then that with an utter defeat.

Should definitely be looked at and clarified. This should also be in tech support and not in suggestions.

It's working as intended, infra provides resistance. 

You're not going to take over a country of millions with an Army of 250 and a few tanks bro.

The country I'm attacking only had 932k population, plus I'm just attacking one of his cities right? Not the whole nation at once. His top city has 110k pop. Plus I'm not taking it over, just raiding it.

250 soldiers and 50 tanks could successfully raid a 110k population city. (in real life) The city would have to be very well prepared to stop the 50 tanks from causing serious damage.

I don't know what country you are talking about. If you tried to raid New York City with 250 soldiers and 50 tanks you'd be wiped out before you left the Bronx. 

I just gave you the population stats. Learn to read?

Don't quote me on this, but I think city defense is 0.03*pop=unarmed soldiers. 

Maybe 0.003. I had to do a lot of numbers today. Someone can try to see what makes more sense. 

Maybe even 0.0003. I know it had a 3 in it. 

250 soldiers and 50 tanks could successfully raid a 110k population city. (in real life) The city would have to be very well prepared to stop the 50 tanks from causing serious damage.

France, maybe. Not the US of A. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Actually, maybe not even France. Quick Google showed 356 police/1000. The same ratio would be 39,160 police, not counting ex-mil, organized crime, resistance efforts, etc. It's pretty easy to throw together some ammonium nitrate + alcohol in a trash can in an urban area. Black powder is 75% saltpeter, 15% charcoal, 10% sulfur.

(Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes only.)

I don't know what country you are talking about. If you tried to raid New York City with 250 soldiers and 50 tanks you'd be wiped out before you left the Bronx. 

This. Hell, you wouldn't even get through Texas City probably if you landed there and were marching to Houston. 

I'm curious, did you get an utter failure or a Phyric victory ?

I'm not sure these are what he is referencing, but I found them on his war timelines. Both were utter failures where he lost 130 soldiers and 2 tanks total. 

09/19/2016 08:16 pm

Comrade Canik of Yorke Volta ordered a ground attack upon the nation of unitedcountry led by King Bigfoot. The attack was an utter failure. Comrade Canik's forces lost 50 soldiers and 1 tanks, while King Bigfoot's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of 420 Town and 0 improvements. Comrade Canik stole $0.00 in the attack.

09/19/2016 08:17 pm

Comrade Canik of Yorke Volta ordered a ground attack upon the nation of unitedcountry led by King Bigfoot. The attack was an utter failure. Comrade Canik's forces lost 80 soldiers and 1 tanks, while King Bigfoot's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of 420 Town and 0 improvements. Comrade Canik stole $0.00 in the attack.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

the rate is .005 of civilians as defending militia

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Damn, could've sworn it was a 3. What was the 3? 

3 soldiers per 5 tanks probs, but that's outdated now.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Don't quote me on this, but I think city defense is 0.03*pop=unarmed soldiers. 

Maybe 0.003. I had to do a lot of numbers today. Someone can try to see what makes more sense. 

Maybe even 0.0003. I know it had a 3 in it. 

France, maybe. Not the US of A. 

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Actually, maybe not even France. Quick Google showed 356 police/1000. The same ratio would be 39,160 police, not counting ex-mil, organized crime, resistance efforts, etc. It's pretty easy to throw together some ammonium nitrate + alcohol in a trash can in an urban area. Black powder is 75% saltpeter, 15% charcoal, 10% sulfur.

(Disclaimer: This post is for educational purposes only.)

This. Hell, you wouldn't even get through Texas City probably if you landed there and were marching to Houston. 

I'm not sure these are what he is referencing, but I found them on his war timelines. Both were utter failures where he lost 130 soldiers and 2 tanks total. 

09/19/2016 08:16 pm

Comrade Canik of Yorke Volta ordered a ground attack upon the nation of unitedcountry led by King Bigfoot. The attack was an utter failure. Comrade Canik's forces lost 50 soldiers and 1 tanks, while King Bigfoot's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of 420 Town and 0 improvements. Comrade Canik stole $0.00 in the attack.

09/19/2016 08:17 pm

Comrade Canik of Yorke Volta ordered a ground attack upon the nation of unitedcountry led by King Bigfoot. The attack was an utter failure. Comrade Canik's forces lost 80 soldiers and 1 tanks, while King Bigfoot's defenders lost 0 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 0.00 infrastructure in the city of 420 Town and 0 improvements. Comrade Canik stole $0.00 in the attack.

Yep those are the battles I was referencing.

About the realism of it - so you throw those things in a trash can and then what? will is blow up with enough force to destroy a tank?

I don't think it would be as easy to stop 50 tanks as some of you think. The idea that population = resistance makes sense but it should be much, much less effective vs tanks.

About the realism of it - so you throw those things in a trash can and then what? will is blow up with enough force to destroy a tank?

I don't think it would be as easy to stop 50 tanks as some of you think. The idea that population = resistance makes sense but it should be much, much less effective vs tanks.

Sure. Look at the image in the spoiler. (Granted, that was an entire rental truck, but the point stands.) Or what Rahl said

map_structural_damage.gif

Tanks are worth 40 soldiers, IIRC. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png