OOC slander, grieving.

Prefonteen

I actually find this funny because it seems that the member didn't just report the PM but allowed Partisan to bring it into the world stage around a month after it happened.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I actually find this funny because it seems that the member didn't just report the PM but allowed Partisan to bring it into the world stage around a month after it happened.

I don't believe you!

Isn't this game PG-13 which is like a cross between rated T for Teen and M for mature? If you can't handle being called a pedophile or worse, should you really be playing? I mean go on xbox and everyone will call you things such as a n***er, C***, and much worse. If you can't handle an insult or two without getting pissy, don't play, you said yourself you're retired in game, but maybe you should just delete your account if you can't handle a little shit talking here and there.

Isn't this game PG-13 which is like a cross between rated T for Teen and M for mature? If you can't handle being called a pedophile or worse, should you really be playing? I mean go on xbox and everyone will call you things such as a n***er, C***, and much worse. If you can't handle an insult or two without getting pissy, don't play, you said yourself you're retired in game, but maybe you should just delete your account if you can't handle a little shit talking here and there.

But my feelings!!1!!!!!!!1!!!

Icwalk.gif

This thread is getting ridiculous, and *should* of been posted in the in-game report forums. 

IMO, the person does deserve a form of punishment, I have no clue if he is a repeat offender as the forum moderation team does not have in-game administration powers, hence why every in-game report is directly moderated by Alex only, so with that in mind, Alex will get to this topic and I will PM to check out this topic.

Peacity Peace and MoonPie, this is the moderation forums, not Spam. I'd appreciate if you two either 

1.  Actually contribute 

or

2. Leave the topic and let Alex handle this. 

Thank you for everyone who contributed, and Alex will get to this shortly. 

• Upvote 2
tumblr_nrkmfbUz9q1uomx7lo1_400.gif
Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

If you had read my replies, you would already have an answer to this. I'm not offended by the word. I do feel that the action itself warrants a reply due to the potential harm that such actions can do to the gaming experience of the subject of the joke, should the rumor take off.

So by your logic:

I can call you a sex offender to anyone you interact with in this game (note: directly to yourself). If you don't like it or try to combat it, you better quit the game. Seems a bit counterproductive ehh?

The report is up because it was indeed an infraction and therefore a warnable and/or bannable offense. I do not see why judgement should be passed on the reporter. That sets a precedent where anything goes and the offender is protected by the community at large. Seems like a dangerous one to set.

Edit: And thank you Alice. My apologies for hitting the wrong area. I tend to be an idiot where it pertains technicalities like where to post what. :P

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

If you had read my replies, you would already have an answer to this. I'm not offended by the word. I do feel that the action itself warrants a reply due to the potential harm that such actions can do to the gaming experience of the subject of the joke, should the rumor take off.

So by your logic:

I can call you a sex offender to anyone you interact with in this game (note: directly to yourself). If you don't like it or try to combat it, you better quit the game. Seems a bit counterproductive ehh?

The report is up because it was indeed an infraction and therefore a warnable and/or bannable offense. I do not see why judgement should be passed on the reporter. That sets a precedent where anything goes and the offender is protected by the community at large. Seems like a dangerous one to set.

Edit: And thank you Alice. My apologies for hitting the wrong area. I tend to be an idiot where it pertains technicalities like where to post what. :P

Yes, you absolutely could, but it doesn't mean it's true, and obviously people who know you and/or me depending on who we are specifically referring to, know it not to be true. Let me also point out that you very specifically posted it in the reporting section where the whole community can reply because you wanted to rile everyone up. You knew where the proper place was to post this, but this warrants your need for attention. You can claim I'm unjustified for calling you an attention seeker, but let's be real, this is what, you're third time stepping down from The Syndicate? 

Edited by Jesse Custer

Yes, you absolutely could, but it doesn't mean it's true, and obviously people who know you and/or me depending on who we are specifically referring to, know it not to be true. Let me also point out that you very specifically posted it in the reporting section where the whole community can reply because you wanted to rile everyone up. You knew where the proper place was to post this, but this warrants your need for attention. You can claim I'm unjustified for calling you an attention seeker, but let's be real, this is what, you're third time stepping down from The Syndicate? 

Second time, and the first time I returned because we were running headfirst into a losing war. So no, your point there does not stand. Similarly, there have been quite a few matters over the year which could have and in hindsight should have been brought to the attention of the mods. A few times I did so in private. A few times I let them slide. This time around, I have decided to do it in public. That is my decision, not yours.

Worse yet, I find it incredibly strange that you tie in-game events to this report. Frankly, my IC persona has nothing to do, and should have nothing to do with whether or not I report an infraction to moderation.

So let's stay away from the ad hominems and strawman arguments, shall we?

Edited by Partisan

os9LcJK.gif

If only there wasn't potential harm in ignoring slanderous rumors and letting them fester.

If it's something that only you will look at, you can ignore it.

If it's in a group chat, tell them to stop and then ignore.

But if they're going to spread around the info of "Partisan is a poop face", they were probably gonna do it regardless of what you did.

Icwalk.gif

Partisan is a poop face =/= partisan is a sex offender.

Do not even attempt to trivialise what is an outright attempt at slandering a person with a particularly disgusting and untrue label. You insult not only everyone's intelligence reading this topic but also your own.

• Upvote 2

Untitled.png

Since the mods have already seen this thread and are evaluating the issue, I suggest to move on and ignore the people who thinks that acting like a 12-years-old enfant provocateur is badass.

Edited by Ivan the Red

Since the mods have already seen this thread and are evaluating the issue, I suggest to move on and ignore the people who thinks that acting like a 12-years-old enfant provocateur is badass.

Or you could either A.) not read this thread or B.) Not pretend like you know something when you don't

You added nothing but the stupid opinion that you think that people think that acting like a 12-years-old enfant provocateur is badass.

No one thinks that. 

Icwalk.gif

Partisan is a poop face =/= partisan is a sex offender.

Do not even attempt to trivialise what is an outright attempt at slandering a person with a particularly disgusting and untrue label. You insult not only everyone's intelligence reading this topic but also your own.

Or you could either A.) not read this thread or B.) Not pretend like you know something when you don't

You added nothing but the stupid opinion that you think that people think that acting like a 12-years-old enfant provocateur is badass.

No one thinks that. 

Please see charles' quote above, since you conveniently skipped it.

os9LcJK.gif

Peacity Peace I think what you say can be true to a certain extent. That extent being dependent on the subject brought up. There are some subjects where perhaps everyone agrees that people are too quick to jump to the OC attack train and too quick to take offence, but I think that depends on the subject. Yes you can hit ignore or what have you, but the intent of that button isn't for people straight up breaking the ToS and using offensive language/abusive language/harassment, but for people you might find annoying (i.e., if you had a problem with Partisan and his posts (since none are against the ToS) or what's her name from UPN, or CarmenSandiego/Roy or whoever else). The ignore was never intended for people to use to filter through toxic waste (as Valakia so adequately described it).

You equaling calling someone a SO, making jokes about rape to any other subject is quite literally like comparing apples to oranges. Things like that aren't black and right. It depends on the scenario and situation. Unless you want this game (and or most others) to be knocked down to maybe several hundred players and a dozen active players on the forums you can't just allow anyone to say as they like.

cockstains

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Peacity Peace I think what you say can be true to a certain extent. That extent being dependent on the subject brought up. There are some subjects where perhaps everyone agrees that people are too quick to jump to the OC attack train and too quick to take offence, but I think that depends on the subject. Yes you can hit ignore or what have you, but the intent of that button isn't for people straight up breaking the ToS and using offensive language/abusive language/harassment, but for people you might find annoying (i.e., if you had a problem with Partisan and his posts (since none are against the ToS) or what's her name from UPN, or CarmenSandiego/Roy or whoever else). The ignore was never intended for people to use to filter through toxic waste (as Valakia so adequately described it).

You equaling calling someone a SO, making jokes about rape to any other subject is quite literally like comparing apples to oranges. Things like that aren't black and right. It depends on the scenario and situation. Unless you want this game (and or most others) to be knocked down to maybe several hundred players and a dozen active players on the forums you can't just allow anyone to say as they like.

The right thing to do would let people say what they want and let them filter with blocking annoying users.

The smart thing to do would be to cater to whatever the players want.

But i'm not arguing about what the smart thing to do is.

Icwalk.gif