National Religion

Andrezj Kolarov

So basically the same as Government Type, there should be a National Religion customization option. Here's a list I came up with:

Christianity (Catholic)

Christianity (Protestant)

Christianity (Orthodox)

Christianity (Anglican)

Christianity (Resorationism)

Islam (Sunni)

Islam (Shia)

Islam (Ibadi)

Islam (Sufi)

Judaism

Buddhism

Hinduism

Sikhism

Baha'i

Jainism

Shinto

Zoroastrianism

Traditional/ethnic religion

None (Secular)

None (Atheist)

• Upvote 6

Sufis are Sunnis. If you add Sufi Islam you must add Salafi Islam

Instead of Judaism add reformed Judaism and Haredi Judaism

on the whole good idea. How about we group religions together and each group provides bonuses.

eg.

Abrahamic Religions. 5% Cash Bonus

Iranian Religions.  5% Military Recruitment Bonus.

Indian Religions. 5% Base population increase

East Asian Religions. 5% Manufacture Increase

African Religions. 5% Raw Material Increase
Indigenous Religions. 2% Disease Decrease in every City

Non Religion. 2% Crime Reduce in every City

• Upvote 2

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

on the whole good idea. How about we group religions together and each group provides bonuses.

eg.

Good idea but would replace Indian with Dharmic.

The opinion on this seems to be divided (http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-sunni-and-sufi/) so I chose to make Sufi it's own option.

I chose not to split Judaism firstly because it's probably not big enough a religion to justify that, and because if I added Haredi and Reform I'd also need to add Orthodox and Conservative, and it would clutter up the options (you notice I cut down the Christian options substantially when you consider how many groups exist in Christianity).

eg.

No, bonuses are a bad idea because inevitably someone will break down the numbers and discover which one is the most profitable to switch to, and everyone will use it, regardless of RP. No bonus (like government types) is better because it's pure RP/customization.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov

No, bonuses are a bad idea because it inevitably someone will break down the numbers and discover which one is the most profitable to switch to, and everyone will use it. No bonus (like government types) is better because it's pure RP/customization.

adding bonuses will create incentive and someone can find a balance between the numbers. This incentive for certain bonuses will create better role-play as it will make the game more diverse.

eg, alliances wanting resources can mandate african religions and have that increase. Then alliance b buys more of these resources will get East Asian religion and manufacture more. This will crash the market lead to a war and more rp.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

adding bonuses will create incentive and someone can find a balance between the numbers. This incentive for certain bonuses will create better role-play as it will make the game more diverse.

eg, alliances wanting resources can mandate african religions and have that increase. Then alliance b buys more of these resources will get East Asian religion and manufacture more. This will crash the market lead to a war and more rp.

Then people will just end up switching religions for the bonuses... But I do like the idea of it...

Edited by Alexei Lysenko

1) What does the impact of having a religion? Will there Trigger Crusade when one religious nation was attacked???

2) Does it look like the choice of government without any effect as we have at the moment?

3) It looks somewhat like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

4) Add "Others: Type your own one which is not in the list"

Edited by Arthur James

1) What does the impact of having a religion? Will there Trigger Crusade when one religious nation was attacked???

2) Does it look like the choice of government without any effect as we have at the moment?

3) It looks somewhat like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).

4) Add "Others: Type your own one which is not in the list"

A crusade or jihad or something will create more incentive for war which would create more rebuilding and will create a sinkhole and the orbis dollar will inflate. More rp the better.

As for 3) if you'd rather it be like NS and we sit around all day and do nothing it'd be better to move towards more dynamic rp

my main problem with this, and really it isn't a problem, is that you can get each sect/denomination/what have you down to the point where no matter what you do, someone is going to be excluded. that you're so interested in christianity and islam, while not a bad thing, says something, when you could quite easily "divide" the eastern religions the same way.

hinduism - atheistic

hinduism - main god vishnu (vaishnavist)

hinduism - main god shiva (shaivist)

hinduism - main god ganesha

hinduism - main god XXXXXXXXXXX (you get the point)

hinduism - bhakti

hinduism - advaita vedanta

hinduism - dvaita vedanta

hinduism - dvishtadavaita

hinduism - smartist

buddhism - zen

buddhism - mahayana

buddhism - pure land

buddhism - vajrayana

buddhism - tibetan

and there's plenty you've left out even for the christians. the cathars, the messalians, the copts, etc.

point being, it may be better to have it be more limited in scope, with the possibility of personal distinctions made or even new religions made for the sake of IC RP, rather than attempting to include everyone but inevitably excluding some people

Edited by Hereno

It goes against my nation's theme which I can add to the factbook.... It should be left in a creative mark and not limited to RL religions.

Factbook lists what percentage of your populations follows what religion, which is completely different than state-religion. A nation can have no state-religion (secular) but yet have a religious majority, like the USA/most countries. A country can have Christianity as state-religion but only 30% of the population might be Christian, and so on.

You missed 'Dragonism'

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

You missed 'Dragonism'

There thats the problem. mensa and doc will wan their phony religions

There thats the problem. mensa and doc will wan their phony religions

hmmm? Theres nothing wrong with wanting customization. Dont pick on us for playing the game, please.

its just that there needs to be a line between serious rp and customisation for the fun of it

I dont see why we shouldnt include certain things with enough followers. Im pretty sure dragonism is fairly serious roleplay, considering there are about 50+ active members that follow it in game, plus it is the official religion of Iberia and BoC

• Wiki Mod

Or we could just leave this completely to the meta & not restrict RP in anyway.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid