The Result of a War with N. Korea

Ekejen Luish

I did a bunch of math, and I think this would be the result of a war with North Korea: (yes I included treaties, alliances, etc. in my calculations; also note that this is an estimate and calculation, so if this really happened, which I hope never does, the results may vary a bit)

North Korea:

Defeat

Military Deaths + Injuries: 278,543

Civilian Deaths + Injuries: ??

Nations Allied Against N. Korea:

Victory

Military Deaths + Injuries: 106,889

Civilian Deaths + Injuries: 632,780

This is very small

• Administrators

Google says the population of Seoul is 10,000,000. I'm sure it (and probably other cities) would be on the wrong end of a nuclear blast if there were to be a war with North Korea.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'm curious as to how you calculated this.   100k on military losses for the Allied forces seems far fetched.  Especially considering that the Western nations in WW 2 had far less losses than both Axis and USSR.  Then you attribute the progress that western nations have made in military technology compared to the abundance of Cold War era technology that N. Korea has ( As well as medical and intelligence differences ).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I did a bunch of math, and I think this would be the result of a war with North Korea: (yes I included treaties, alliances, etc. in my calculations; also note that this is an estimate and calculation, so if this really happened, which I hope never does, the results may vary a bit)

North Korea:

Defeat

Military Deaths + Injuries: 278,543

Civilian Deaths + Injuries: ??

Nations Allied Against N. Korea:

Victory

Military Deaths + Injuries: 106,889

Civilian Deaths + Injuries: 632,780

I would actually expect higher casualties than that. The war in Syria alone, without even including Iraq, already has a higher death toll. The North Koreans would not shy away from unconventional warfare. Just crossing the DMZ would be a bloodbath.

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I'm curious as to how you calculated this. 

This so much.

"I did a bunch of math" is too lul, please elaborate : )   

Not really. If they launch a nuke, the United States will win.

He has Great Leader in his bio, why argue with the trolls/role players in a general discussion forum. You do not do much besides feeding them what they want.

Google says the population of Seoul is 10,000,000. I'm sure it (and probably other cities) would be on the wrong end of a nuclear blast if there were to be a war with North Korea.

North Korean nukes tested in 2013 were 10 kiloton. I did a simulation.

Also nukes took out a lot of soldiers.

This is very small

If North Korea use nukes then not even China can save their butt from the diplomatic crisis. Any war in Korea will be a conventional one with ballistic missiles at best lest we got Fallout version Korea Peninsula.

Even so, expect the dead toll to hit the roof immediately after crossing the DMZ line.

https://news.vice.com/article/united-states-plans-for-war-with-north-korea

In a full scale war, the United States and South Korea would be able to cripple North Korea very easily. The United States and South Korea would suffer their causalities, but the North would get absolutely wrecked.

new_forum_sig_2.png

Not really. If they launch a nuke, the United States will win.

I doubt that they will launch a nuke, unless the US launches one. Their nuclear weapons programme is for defensive purposes only.

He has Great Leader in his bio, why argue with the trolls/role players in a general discussion forum. You do not do much besides feeding them what they want.

I can assure you that I'm not a troll. Also I'm not really good at roleplaying. I'm basically just roleplaying myself :P

With NK's present technology I can't imagine how they would deliver a nuke.

North Korea would probably beat on south korea and maybe Japan, but would ultimately get glassed by the US if they try. It would be an incredibly stupid move on their part. I don't even think China would be dumb enough to defend them this time.