Islam for peace

I feel like a lot of those kinds of videos are borderline propaganda, only interested in promoting their own interests and viewpoints. I honestly doubt I could watch it and actually take it seriously.

You'd be correct in that Shaprio has his biases, but most of the points that he brings up aren't any less valid.

For example, a Muslim may hold extremist views while still remaining "peaceful." This would be similar to the Westboro Baptist Chruch - one of the most hateful organizations in the United States, yet they refrain from violence. Furthermore, Shapiro brings up an interesting theory that highlights a potential connection between the peaceful and the violent Muslim communities. This connection being that the peaceful community, sharing the same extremist views as their violent counterparts, enables violence perpetrated by certain Islamic groups because of their (peaceful) lack of rejection and, in some cases, because of their encouragement. 

Edited by Adolf Jong Un
  • Upvote 1

Alright, I can understand that, that makes sense. But I'd still say that it's extremist views that are the problem, not Islam itself. It's a kind of "it's not the thing itself, it's what you do with it" kind of deal.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

My dad and the majority of my extended family are sufis except maybe 1 or 2. this is how they see the arab world now

Saudi Arabia. Corrupt false liars. Islam is open practice but the saud family is corrupted. Extreme and idiot rulers

Yemen. Hellhole.

Oman. Ibadi shithole

UAE. Fornicaters paradise.

Bahrain. Good view

Qatar. Good view.

Iraq. Corrupt sunni killers.

Syria. Great corrupted power.

Lebanon. beacland good view even about the shiites

Jordan. good Uni's

Egypt. migration land. Sufi heaven

Libya. Great Gaddafi gone shithole now

Iran. Damned child eaters.

Turkey. US buddies.

ISIS. good view on their military however bad view on their extreme salafist rule.

Hamas. Glorious men ruled by idiots.

Fatah. US buddies Talk talk lie down

These aren't my views but the Arab world seen through sufi eyes 

I think you're smoking crack, buddy.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I agree with Adolf Jong Un. I've put it forward that the only way Muslims themselves can fix things is by reforming their faith into a Western version that rejects "standard" Islam and it's many glaring defects. However when you know that'd make you an "apostate" and you believe all apostates should be killed then... people don't want to take that step because Islam is a religion with a lot of fear and violence to it and they fear being killed by their fellow Muslims. Being simply "peaceful Muslims" isn't enough because most of them have the same views as the violent, they simply don't act on them and encourage/support the violet (not to mention nurture them by not laying down that their violence is wrong full stop) to act out what they dare not do themselves.

Guest hawkeye

Has anybody here actually read the Qu'ran in Arabic? If not, actually do so before passing judgement on such a vast and complex set of belief systems that is Islam, with multiple schools of faith. The book loses a lot in translation.

Here's the set of belief systems that you're generalizing here enjoy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

Also, I'll say this again, I doubt Abu is even a Muslim, stop taking what he says for the beliefs of more then a billion people.

Edited by hawkeye
  • Upvote 1

Just because Muslims happen to commit more terrorist attacks than Buddhists does not mean that Islam is somehow a worse or more evil religion. Had history taken a  different turn of events most terrorists attacks in the world could just as well have been committed by Christians, Hindus, Jews, and so on. Any religion and ideology has the potential for fanaticism and violence because some human beings are willing to go to extreme lengths to fight for what they believe in. This was true hundreds of years ago and it will probably be true until the Sun devours our planet. Islam isn't the problem, fanaticism and extremism is.

I may be anti-religious but I believe it's very important to make the distinction between the average Muslim who lives peacefully and Muslim extremists and fanatics who live their lives seeking to harm others because they interpret their religion in a particular way. To lump all people of any religion into the same category and to judge a religion consisting of millions of believers based on the actions of a small minority of them is ludicrous, it doesn't make any sense.

Is a peaceful Muslim one who honor kills or oppresses women. 

Too often the bad stuff in Islam associated only with Terrorism, no pretty much every Islamic country has deplorable values and vast majority of those populations support those deplorable values. 

Who is the average Muslim?

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Is a peaceful Muslim one who honor kills or oppresses women. 

Too often the bad stuff in Islam associated only with Terrorism, no pretty much every Islamic country has deplorable values and vast majority of those populations support those deplorable values. 

Who is the average Muslim?

Im the average peaceful Muslim

My mother is (Polish Convert), and she is quite independent, who lives with her indian in-laws(my fathers side), and no one has EVER oppressed her

Also! My father, nor anyone has ever, or will ever hit another woman, 

In fact my father is afraid someone would attack her if she wears her veil, because of the blind hatred people have for Muslims 

• Upvote 2

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Has anybody here actually read the Qu'ran in Arabic? If not, actually do so before passing judgement on such a vast and complex set of belief systems that is Islam, with multiple schools of faith. The book loses a lot in translation.

Here's the set of belief systems that you're generalizing here enjoy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

Also, I'll say this again, I doubt Abu is even a Muslim, stop taking what he says for the beliefs of more then a billion people.

I am a muslim in fact. and so are my parents and ancestors to the time of Caliph Abu'bakr.

The quran and hadeeth cannot and will not be changed to suit the desires of apostates and may Allah keep it that way. 

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

My mother is (Polish Convert), and she is quite independent, who lives with her indian in-laws(my fathers side), and no one has EVER oppressed her

Also! My father, nor anyone has ever, or will ever hit another woman, 

In fact my father is afraid someone would attack her if she wears her veil, because of the blind hatred people have for Muslims 

Then she should wear her veil. My mother wears veil so do my cousins and my grandmothers wear veils.

The herd mentality in which everyone must change to be like others is corrupting Islam.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Guest hawkeye

I am a muslim in fact. and so are my parents and ancestors to the time of Caliph Abu'bakr.

The quran and hadeeth cannot and will not be changed to suit the desires of apostates and may Allah keep it that way. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith

You lack the ability to spell the name Hadith correctly. The fact people take you seriously with such blatant errors about the religion that you follow amazes me. I am hardly an Islamic Scholars and compared to some, know little about Islam. But you seem to lack the ability to do even basic research when you troll.

• Upvote 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith

You lack the ability to spell the name Hadith correctly. The fact people take you seriously with such blatant errors about the religion that you follow amazes me. I am hardly an Islamic Scholars and compared to some, know little about Islam. But you seem to lack the ability to do even basic research when you troll.

it is not pronounced h-ad-i-f it is a-ha-d-ee-f.

I am not the most knowledgable in Islam but I'm studying imam shafiis books and i have read half of muwatta Imam maalik. My uncle has an imamah and has a certificate. He is a master of hafs style whilst i am still learning however mashallah for  a 15 year old i am quite knowledgable

Guest hawkeye

it is not pronounced h-ad-i-f it is a-ha-d-ee-f.

I am not the most knowledgable in Islam but I'm studying imam shafiis books and i have read half of muwatta Imam maalik. My uncle has an imamah and has a certificate. He is a master of hafs style whilst i am still learning however mashallah for  a 15 year old i am quite knowledgable

Eye no tat

We spelling words how they're pronounced then?

• Upvote 1

there is no way to spell hadeeth as it has no translatable word

Guest hawkeye

there is no way to spell hadeeth as it has no translatable word

So if I was to spell it "Reusable Ass Wipe", you wouldn't have an issue? As there's no translation?

I already said you weren't the average Muslim, a Muslim growing up in the west isn't the average Muslim as over 1 Billion Muslim live in backward crap countries unlike you. 

Especially when you have outside influence such as a polish mother, yeah no that's not the typical upbringing of a Muslim, especially not in Islamic countries. 

Your mother sounds pretty useless if she lives live her in-laws, I'm not sure why you would think an independent person lives with in-laws. I find converts of any religion to be the dumbest people, well certain religions but I guess mostly Islam. 

Also! My father, nor anyone has ever, or will ever hit another woman

You're so full of crap it's a struggle for you to type and you can't really say for certain your father isn't a bad person and never ever hit a women or oppressed a women.

For all we and you know your father probably beats and slaps your mother to keep her in line, Muslim women are quite docile. 

Rational fear of Muslims, it is a rational to fear someone who would want to kill you for your opinions. 

To call it blind hatred shows how ignorant you're of the actual Muslim world, you live in a wee Muslim bubble in the western world where you think all Muslims are nice people.

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

I already said you weren't the average Muslim, a Muslim growing up in the west isn't the average Muslim as over 1 Billion Muslim live in backward crap countries unlike you. 

Especially when you have outside influence such as a polish mother, yeah no that's not the typical upbringing of a Muslim, especially not in Islamic countries. 

Your mother sounds pretty useless if she lives live her in-laws, I'm not sure why you would think an independent person lives with in-laws. I find converts of any religion to be the dumbest people, well certain religions but I guess mostly Islam. 

You're so full of crap it's a struggle for you to type and you can't really say for certain your father isn't a bad person and never ever hit a women or oppressed a women.

For all we and you know your father probably beats and slaps your mother to keep her in line, Muslim women are quite docile. 

Rational fear of Muslims, it is a rational to fear someone who would want to kill you for your opinions. 

To call it blind hatred shows how ignorant you're of the actual Muslim world, you live in a wee Muslim bubble in the western world where you think all Muslims are nice people.

Just reading this makes me sick to my stomach

(Also, not all muslims are nice, all humans are different, like not all jews, christians are nice)

My father, has never struck my mother, they get into arguments like any other couple but never have i seen or heard or anything that could mean there was hitting involved.

My mother is quite religious actually, a little more than my father, even though he was raised a muslim

In fact! My father has one of the BEST understanding of the Quran, he knows it in Arabic, and English.

Also...really a fear of Muslims is rational?

Should i be scared when white people walk into schools? Cause they might shoot it up?

You are spewing ABSOULTE HATRED for Islam, in fact, anyone else in this conversation (Not Abu) is so much more open than you are

Even that one anti-religious guy, he did say "If youre a peaceful muslim, your religion will be poeaceful, same goes if you were violet"

It is not the religion that causes so much death, it is the fact people take it to the extreme, EVERY religion has its extremism, discrimination period.

Just because muslims are suddenly attacking people doesnt mean anything! White people have MURDRED AND TAKEN SEX SLAVES as the very nature of North America (Christoper Columbus), witch hunts, inquisition, the massacre of jews and muslims by crusaders!

In fact, white people have killed more people than any one else for their own ambitions (North America, the natives, Witch hunts, religious prosecution, etc)

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Upvote 2

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Eye no tat

We spelling words how they're pronounced then?

Funny, you actually spelt Hadith right.....compared to Abu Haddad

IYT09l4.png

2) Christianity spread mostly through peace :wacko:. Islam spread mostly through violence. Islam attacked, murdered, raped and oppressed people from other faiths for simply not being Muslim -_-  until they converted. This shouldn't be all that surprising considering how Islam today in its current form treats other religions. 

tumblr_inline_nf41fmotXg1t3ys0p.jpg

Very Relaxing, Very peaceful !

inquisition_pom.jpg

Wasn't the conquistadors! They were already dead when they got here right? We come in peace!

jryan1360430477.jpg

Free cruise and a voluntary work program? Very humane and peaceful!

image-341089-panoV9-yeca-341089.jpg

Rewriting history can be fun ! :popcorn:

Edited by Zaxon
  • Upvote 6

Just reading this makes me sick to my stomach

(Also, not all muslims are nice, all humans are different, like not all jews, christians are nice)

All humans are different but Muslims, well the facts points that most of their countries are barbaric and they support it because they're told to live that way from their holy book. 

My father, has never struck my mother, they get into arguments like any other couple but never have i seen or heard or anything that could mean there was hitting involved.

My mother is quite religious actually, a little more than my father, even though he was raised a muslim
In fact! My father has one of the BEST understanding of the Quran, he knows it in Arabic, and English.

I didn't say she wasn't religious but her being the most religious would make sense as a lot of converts are like that.

Well if your father knows the Quran he knows exactly how to treat your mother then, exactly like how the Quran tells Muslims to. 

Also...really a fear of Muslims is rational?

Should i be scared when white people walk into schools? Cause they might shoot it up?

You can be scared, you may be misguided but you can be scared but you're not because its not rational. 

You are spewing ABSOULTE HATRED for Islam, in fact, anyone else in this conversation (Not Abu) is so much more open than you are

Even that one anti-religious guy, he did say "If youre a peaceful muslim, your religion will be poeaceful, same goes if you were violet"
It is not the religion that causes so much death, it is the fact people take it to the extreme, EVERY religion has its extremism, discrimination period.

What absolute hatred? I didn't even mention a fraction of the problems with Islam. 

"Open" in this case means ignoring this issues and pretending everyone has equal values or is the same and that quote you mentioned was meaningless. Extreme is the laws and practices Islamic countries have, you can't blame all extremes on terrorism. The terrorists just take the extremes a bit furthers as instructed in the Quran like it was in the old days of Islam. 

Just because muslims are suddenly attacking people doesnt mean anything! White people have MURDRED AND TAKEN SEX SLAVES as the very nature of North America (Christoper Columbus), witch hunts, inquisition, the massacre of jews and muslims by crusaders!

In fact, white people have killed more people than any one else for their own ambitions (North America, the natives, Witch hunts, religious prosecution, etc)

I make a point not to talk about history as it shouldn't be used to judge Islam today, Islam should be judged on what it is today.

Yeah I beg to differ, you can't sweep Muslims attacking people under the rug and it certainly does mean something. I'm not sure why you would say it doesn't mean anything. 

Why you making this about Race? I haven't once called Muslims brown people. I assume you aren't that white anyway. 

If we are going down the history route... Muslims murdered and taken sex slaves for the very nature of Islam since its inception (Muhammad), invaded, pillaged, raped and prosecuted people from the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and Asia. 

Islam is estimated to have killed more people in the name of religion which wouldn't be surprising if you knew about their invasions, especially into Europe and India.

They're estimated to have killed 100 Million(its estimated to be a more but meh) Africans alone, many of the males were castrated (which killed a lot) and taken as slaves so that they could not reproduce. I'm not sure about women but supposedly they took many more women than men to use as sex slaves.  They took countless millions of sex slaves from pretty much every nearby continent, if we're going to talk about sex slaves, holy hell.

Regarding the crusades, Islam was basically at constant state of war with Christianity taken over not only the middle east and nearby regions but also most of Spain. 

Islam killed countless millions of people in African, the Middle East, Europe and Asia, I think they even racked up a few genocides as recently as the last century. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

tumblr_inline_nf41fmotXg1t3ys0p.jpg

Very Relaxing, Very peaceful !

inquisition_pom.jpg

Wasn't the conquistadors! They were already dead when they got here right? We come in peace!

jryan1360430477.jpg

Free cruise and a voluntary work program? Very humane and peaceful!

image-341089-panoV9-yeca-341089.jpg

Rewriting history can be fun ! :popcorn:

I say mostly peace in relation to Islam because Islam was basically spread 99% through violence.

IpHGyGc.png

Most religions were spread by violence though Islam especially so (it's very beginning was it spreading through violence in fact). The Inquisition for the most part has a undeserved reputation for the most part as believe it or not they were a moderate force in their time as without the Inquisition people were being burned without trial for very little things. The Inquisition as ugly as it was (and it was wrong) helped reduce such levels of death and eventually it became something that didn't happen anymore. 

The crusades also have a bad rep but they were actually mostly defensive in nature (and I am grateful for all the religious Christians who fought back the likes of the Moors, Ottomans, and so on). Some like the one against the Cathars were horrible displays of course, but not all had that level of evil to them.

Even Buddhism which is seen as The peaceful religion carried out several rebellions and attacks on the Confucians and Shintoists.

However here is an important difference. For the most part we have moved past all such things for several reasons. Islam refuses to change here in the west however and until it does the hate will only build up until it's let out, and when it's let out there will be a lot of bodies. Islam's alliance with those pathetic Liberals/Socialists (who are totally against Islam's ideas too but want to work on their PC cred) may work for now but as seen with the likes of Trump, people keep their beliefs and when an opportunity, a lightning Rod they can get behind appears then like magic all those liberal types will be shocked to learn that all their efforts were for nought. 

-snip-

Islam doesn't want to change and won't change to suite desires of others

• Upvote 1