Lent

Lannan13

I want to know what's so special about Jesus fasting for forty days

I want to know what's so special about Muhammad fasting for sixty-three years. :P

Let's face it, as much as you deny it, you hate Christians.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

All of my friends are Christians... And some atheists.... Tolerant of me, right?

I have a wide mix, but I generally don't care what they are since it's not a prereq to being a friend of mine. 

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Not many orthodox do this either to be fair.

Also becoming vegan for 40 days isn't super impressive since millions of people do this all year round for fun.

Never seen a Vegan give up vegetable oil. Surprisingly most Orthodox I am in contact with actually do maintain this regiment throughout the year on ever fast day which makes up about 180 days. It is a big deal if you are not a vegan.

I want to know what's so special about Jesus fasting for forty days

On top of what is already mentioned, Jewish fasting is not the same as the Christian Fast known in the Orthodox Christian and Roman Catholic sense. Judaism refuses food and water during their fasts which is what makes it either an allegory or an actual miracle depending on your belief. Did your prophet fast without food and water in his time of fast?

• Upvote 2

I have a wide mix, but I generally don't care what they are since it's not a prereq to being a friend of mine.

Yeah, but TBH, I still blab about my religion, and try to get them to convert them. Never works, but at least it's a conversation.

On top of what is already mentioned, Jewish fasting is not the same as the Christian Fast known in the Orthodox Christian and Roman Catholic sense. Judaism refuses food and water during their fasts which is what makes it either an allegory or an actual miracle depending on your belief. Did your prophet fast without food and water in his time of fast?

He fasted most days. He lived in poverty even though the Arabs were rich and had much booty from their enemies. He fasted from dawn till dusk most days.

I don't hate Christians. I believe that some are good for upholding their faith but they are believing the wrong faith.

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

He fasted most days. He lived in poverty even though the Arabs were rich and had much booty from their enemies. He fasted from dawn till dusk most days.

I don't hate Christians. I believe that some are good for upholding their faith but they are believing the wrong faith.

I spy a composition fallacy. Let's play fill in the blanks and change it up to show why your statement is wrong. 

Jesus fasted most days. He lived in poverty even though the Romans were rich and had much booty from their enemies. He fasted from dawn till dusk most days.

I don't hate Muslims. I believe that some are good for upholding their faith but they are believing the wrong faith.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Well actually if Jesus was God and he wanted man to be forgiven then he could've done it using his god powers. Not sacrificing himself?

That is my big question

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Well we don't fast in my household and I have two priests in the family! Haha I think it varies from region to region, with older people keeping to it more than younger.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

What about we all give up in the war?  :P

(And for all the Mensa trolls, I would like to clarify this is a (bad) joke.)

Going back to this, looks like it happened.  Congrats on peace!

• Downvote 1

Well actually if Jesus was God and he wanted man to be forgiven then he could've done it using his god powers. Not sacrificing himself?

That is my big question

To know the will of God in any form is the desire of most believers.

To question such a will in many faiths is heresy.

That is my big question

It's an act of symbolism.

• Upvote 1

Tiocfaidh ár lá

s6McZGm.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...

I have given up sex, no intercourse for the entire lent.

Why am I laughing at this?

On a more serious note, I'm giving up sweets and biting my fingers (I know, it's weird) this Lent.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png