Nerd Mount Rushmore

Lannan13

Depends if we go fictional or non fictional

Non-Fictional: Gygax, Rodenberry, Lucas, Stan Lee.

Fictional: Harry Potter, Mario, Darth Vader, Goddzilla

Nikola Tesla has to be on it, just because it is !@#$ Nikola Tesla!

He has done some pretty awesome stuff. To bad he died before he got to invent most of it.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire Fox Fire 

What was this about? Do I get a prize?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Nikola Tesla has to be on it, just because it is !@#$ Nikola Tesla!

Thread over. I'd be hard pressed to think of three other people to put with him. DaVinci, maybe. Modern science would not have been possible without Al-Khwarzmi. Sushruta pioneered surgery before anesthesia.

It's difficult to decide, because there were a lot of scientists and thinkers who were terrific nerds that simply didn't have the tools to figure out which ideas were correct. While I disagree with much of modern "traditional" Chinese medicine, they did pioneer the concepts of treating diseases with chemicals that we still use today (anybody ever take an aspirin?).

As for cultural "nerditry", I view interest in the fantastical or hypothetical as more geekery or dorkism than nerditry. Nerditry tends to be more tied to the actual world. While there's a lot of cross-over, I don't view cultural artists or artifacts as nerdity. And the lack of Arthur C. Clark and Robert E. Howard is disturbing. George Lucas is a hack whose first couple of movies were saved by his ex-wife. His influences are easy to see, and the three "prequels" are actually a standard for him, rather than an "exception". Just see the TV specials or anything else he had unchecked influence over.

I think the problem is we have too many nerds of too many flavours to pick from. Even narrowing it down to something like authors or physicists would give us huge pools to draw from.

But it's a good problem to have. #NerdsRunThisShit

I think the problem is we have too many nerds of too many flavours to pick from. Even narrowing it down to something like authors or physicists would give us huge pools to draw from.

But it's a good problem to have. #NerdsRunThisShit

Not to mention that we have to figure out just how to measure their impact. Is it lives saved? Then Norman Borlaug is a huge omission on my part. Is it later influence? Then the unknown that invented writing wins hands-down.

But I agree. While soldiers rule as far as their arms will take them, scientists and scribes are the force multipliers. Spartans were nothing without their metallurgists.