An Announcement from Seven Kingdoms and D'Haran Empire

Tenages

So they pay you to maybe protect them if Arrgh can be bothered or fancies it?  You guys have a real good con going on.

If anyone wants to throw some cash Mensa's way, we might come in and protect you.

Pretty much if it is a raid Arrgh protects them; but if they pissed off some other alliance then it is discussed what to do. Also no protectorates are expected to come to Arrgh defense as well. It is a loose confederation.

Pretty much if it is a raid Arrgh protects them; but if they pissed off some other alliance then it is discussed what to do. Also no protectorates are expected to come to Arrgh defense as well. It is a loose confederation.

Arrgh could make more money from just raiding those alliances.  When Arrgh came after me for raiding UPS, I cost them way more then the contract was worth and if Avruch had allowed me to beige the 3 guys, it would have took many, many months of the UPS protection payments for Arrgh to be back in the black on that contract.  On the face of it, being paid for nothing always looks good, but nah, the Arrgh model is actually pretty crappy.  Pirates can and should do so much better.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Arrgh could make more money from just raiding those alliances. When Arrgh came after me for raiding UPS, I cost them way more then the contract was worth and if Avruch had allowed me to beige the 3 guys, it would have took many, many months of the UPS protection payments for Arrgh to be back in the black on that contract. On the face of it, being paid for nothing always looks good, but nah, the Arrgh model is actually pretty crappy. Pirates can and should do so much better.

Think of Arrgh as an insurance company. Sure when a contract is activated they won't make money, but the sheer number of contracts that do not get activated are were they make their profit. My car insurance looses a lot of money when they pay out a claim to me, but they make a bunch more when the million other people under the policy don't make a claim

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

Arrgh could make more money from just raiding those alliances.  When Arrgh came after me for raiding UPS, I cost them way more then the contract was worth and if Avruch had allowed me to beige the 3 guys, it would have took many, many months of the UPS protection payments for Arrgh to be back in the black on that contract.  On the face of it, being paid for nothing always looks good, but nah, the Arrgh model is actually pretty crappy.  Pirates can and should do so much better.

Eh, I don't think we've profited from any of our protectorates really, it gives us something to do mostly

tvPWtuA.gif

Eh, I don't think we've profited from any of our protectorates really, it gives us something to do mostly

Taking their plunder would give you shit to do, as well as keep the rest of the crew in crackers and rum.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio