On the topic of Mensa's CB

Kastor

Here is my take on the OOC stuff, same as it has been for nearly a decade in these kinds of games.

In game, I don't care. Period. It has no bearing whatsoever on my in game interactions. Out of game, it can make you not like a person, not want to talk to them, not want to associate with them, but in game letting it affect your dealings, using it for rationale, or (which is most often the case) using it to score sympathy points is often just as bad as the original offense.

Edited by Impero
  • Upvote 1

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

In game, I don't care. Period. It has no bearing whatsoever on my in game interactions. Out of game, it can make you not like a person, not want to talk to them, not want to associate with them, but in game letting it affect your dealings or using it for rationale is often just as bad as the original offense.

...wut?  I think I understand what you're saying, but can you elaborate on your last statement here?

• Downvote 1

...wut?  I think I understand what you're saying, but can you elaborate on your last statement here?

I actually edited and did, didn't see your reply though. Trumping up something which occurred out of game to score sympathy points in an online political simulator is generally just as bad to me, sometimes even more cringy to be honest. 

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Like I've said before. No member of Rose's gov was involved in the OOC attack. It was just a disgruntled member and the attack was not sanctioned by anyone in gov.

Then, as you say, you are uninformed. 

Here is my take on the OOC stuff, same as it has been for nearly a decade in these kinds of games.

In game, I don't care. Period. It has no bearing whatsoever on my in game interactions. Out of game, it can make you not like a person, not want to talk to them, not want to associate with them, but in game letting it affect your dealings, using it for rationale, or (which is most often the case) using it to score sympathy points is often just as bad as the original offense.

I read a lot of stuff every day.  Usually I cannot say 'this is the most retarded thing I have read all day' until the evening.  However, I can now say with confidence that this is \the most retarded thing I will read all day.

I could be wrong though.  You could keep posting.

• Upvote 3

-signature removed for rules violation-

As was stated before, it was by a disgruntled member and not gov. I can vouch for the fact that Oblige or Pubstomper was not involved in the OOC breach.

In fact, it was Pub who called me out when I posted my putin ad for being belligerent towards Mensa. It was also during that time, that Pubstomper warned the disgruntled member to stop making ads and being belligerent towards Mensa.

It wasn't until you copied Belisariu's add that we (I and a few members) decided to come back with some appropriate responses like Oblige's ad that had Dio crying and Adama's one and the one about why Pakistan is crying. They were all supposed to be funny and get a chuckle.

At no point during this timeline was the disgruntled member told to let loose in fact, they were warned and told not to.

I personally like and highly respect Pfieffer and Mensa HQ OOC. Y'all are smart and also wise but I do encourage you to step back and ask if Oblige or Pub is that type of person? Look at who they hang out with and see if they are upstanding to.

• Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

I personally like and highly respect Pfieffer and Mensa HQ OOC. Y'all are smart and also wise but I do encourage you to step back and ask if Oblige or Pub is that type of person? Look at who they hang out with and see if they are upstanding to.

To be honest, I don't think any of the ads that Sheepy allowed has upset any of us.  In fact, I think a few of us did get a good chuckle out of them.  Personally?  The ad war was the coolest thing in the game.

However, the Oblige v Pfeiffer thing does go back, but I'm not aware of just how far things have gone between them ( It just wouldn't surprise me if it did ) and with what I've seen of Pubstomper personally ( I don't see the backroom stuff admittedly ) - I wouldn't be surprised if he was that type of individual too.  Granted Pfeiffer isn't the most cuddly individual to work with either, so things probably just escalated too far between all the shit talking of the listed individuals.

• Downvote 1

To be honest, I don't think any of the ads that Sheepy allowed has upset any of us.  In fact, I think a few of us did get a good chuckle out of them.  Personally?  The ad war was the coolest thing in the game.

However, the Oblige v Pfeiffer thing does go back, but I'm not aware of just how far things have gone between them ( It just wouldn't surprise me if it did ) and with what I've seen of Pubstomper personally ( I don't see the backroom stuff admittedly ) - I wouldn't be surprised if he was that type of individual too.  Granted Pfeiffer isn't the most cuddly individual to work with either, so things probably just escalated too far between all the !@#$ talking of the listed individuals.

I know I am still Rose, but trust me when I say that Pub nor Oblige were involved in the creation of the OOC ad. Pub told us all not to create the ads and even got unto us about forums posts.

At that point, our leadership was trying to keep it amicable between our alliances and I mean hey, they even told me not to make more putin ads.

But, yeah I agree they are fun the ad wars. And, its not over yet, we still have to do the Space Pope versus fake gods ad war :D

• Upvote 1

Hey Jroc, there's some information you're missing.  I've already said too much there's no way Mademoiselle and Oblige were not involved.  Yes, CG made the OOC ad.  But he woudln't have been able to do so without aid.

• Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

Hey Jroc, there's some information you're missing.  I've already said too much there's no way Mademoiselle and Oblige were not involved.  Yes, CG made the OOC ad.  But he woudln't have been able to do so without aid.

But, he wasn't given aid to make the OOC ad.

Does content count as aid?

That's hard to prove rather someone sent an image in the first place. All you need is a small piece of information about a person and you can dox them quite easily. I know, I work as a grey hat on finding ways for people to keep anonymous internet activity to evade censorship. And the littlest details can you lead to someone's social media account. And, there are ways around stringent permission settings if you are really determined.

I know because I met a hacker in a irc channel who doxed a chan op because she banned him and he went into detail with me over how he did it.

But regardless, no content was transferred to CG by either of them.

Edited by Jroc

Oblige can seem very unassuming. It's not until he f@&*$ you over that  you realize what a poor excuse for a human he is. What I am trying to say to you Jroc is Oblige is essentially Littlefinger without the horrible backstory that almost makes you empathize with him. There is no reason to empathize with Oblige and there is little he would not do to get one over on Pfeiffer. 

Oblige can seem very unassuming. It's not until he f@&*$ you over that  you realize what a poor excuse for a human he is. What I am trying to say to you Jroc is Oblige is essentially Littlefinger without the horrible backstory that almost makes you empathize with him. There is no reason to empathize with Oblige and there is little he would not do to get one over on Pfeiffer.

Your hate clouds your vision.

Have you seen the ads that he used with his name as the one who bought the ad?

hey guise wahts goin on in this thread

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

Possible?  Yes, it's possible that the content was gleaned by a simple Google search.  If you disregard timing altogether it's the plausible conclusion.  But timing is critical.

I dont know about you, but I can google something in an instant.

I just go up to my chrome bar and type why do pigs smell  what do dogs think at night.

And, bam you get a crazy amount in two seconds and then you can pretty easily do it really fast if you know what you're doing. 

hey guise wahts goin on in this thread

Still lookin for them WMD's?

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Hey Jroc, I'm not going to take that personally because I think you're a decent and honest player and didn't mean it to be.  A little sarcastic and biting, maybe... :)

Besides, there are chat logs of Oblige essentially admitting to everything.  You can feel free to justify your position to yourself, I'm not here to convince you as much as I am to counter the impression it leaves with those reading the thread.  There are reasons why many members of Mensa HQ have issues with both Oblige and CG and they are long standing much as Wayne pointed out upthread.  The fact that members of Rose seem fit to let this shit go on and allow members to create problems for their alliance, allies, and protectorates is curious to me.

• Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

Hey Jroc, I'm not going to take that personally because I think you're a decent and honest player and didn't mean it to be.  A little sarcastic and biting, maybe... :)

Besides, there are chat logs of Oblige essentially admitting to everything.  You can feel free to justify your position to yourself, I'm not here to convince you as much as I am to counter the impression it leaves with those reading the thread.  There are reasons why many members of Mensa HQ have issues with both Oblige and CG and they are long standing much as Wayne pointed out upthread.  The fact that members of Rose seem fit to let this !@#$ go on and allow members to create problems for their alliance, allies, and protectorates is curious to me.

I feel bad that, that came across in a bad way. I was trying to be sarcastic a bit. And, I respect you a lot.

Still, I am going to stand behind what I know and that's that pub nor oblige was involved. 

As was stated before, it was by a disgruntled member and not gov. I can vouch for the fact that Oblige or Pubstomper was not involved in the OOC breach.

In fact, it was Pub who called me out when I posted my putin ad for being belligerent towards Mensa. It was also during that time, that Pubstomper warned the disgruntled member to stop making ads and being belligerent towards Mensa.

It wasn't until you copied Belisariu's add that we (I and a few members) decided to come back with some appropriate responses like Oblige's ad that had Dio crying and Adama's one and the one about why Pakistan is crying. They were all supposed to be funny and get a chuckle.

At no point during this timeline was the disgruntled member told to let loose in fact, they were warned and told not to.

Yeah uh Jroc? Pub told me himself that Oblige was directly involved in making the ad in question. So uh, no offense meant or anything, but perhaps you're not fully informed on the matter.

Edited by Tenages
  • Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif