After the Fall; Democracy Edition!

Thalmor

So in this thread, I'll present a scenario. With this scenario, I'll give decisions for other forum users to choose from. After so many votes of a particular choice, I will explain the outcome of the chosen decision, and then present another branch of options.

Backstory:

In 2018, a virus capable of raising the dead infected the world. Despite the best efforts of international organizations and the more independent efforts of global superpowers, most of the world succumbs to the undead tide by 2021.

The year now is 2027, the rotting of flesh brought on by the virus has caused a lot of the undead to decay on their own, making many areas once considered suicidal to live in now (somewhat) habitable. Despite massive numbers of the cannibalistic creatures dying off, many of them still remain. Sometimes, however, you still have to worry more about the living, than the dead...
 A large number of barbarians known as Skullcrushers have been causing chaos throughout the region. The nearby Kingdom of Iven is locked in a bitter war as Skullcrusher raiders loot weapons, food, valuables, and even people! They've even went as far as to capture and subjugate the people of the nearby town of Apol! To make matter worse, Terras was destroyed by a marauding zombie horde.

With no other options left, the people of Petravillas have banded together to create the Kingdom of Petravillas.

Map: imgur.com/5YCGDxj  (Copy and Paste it / Click on it to make it larger)

Food Rating: 80%

Military Rating: 0%

Stability: 40%

Technology Rating: 20%

Infrastructure: 40%

Economy: 65%

Actions:

A - Improve the food situation

B - Improve the military situation

C - Focus on internal reforms

D - Put effort into improving technology

E - Rebuild Infrastructure

F - Manage the Economy

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

C- what kind of aspect of reform? Far-left movement?

Well, you suddenly had a largely anarchic society suddenly be transformed into an absolute monarchy over the course of a few days, that would shake some people up. For C it would be more like, solidifying the legitimacy of the new government.  In future updates I'll make the options more specific.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

B - Improve military situation 

• Upvote 1

Signature removed due to rule violation. All posts/imagery with text must be in English.

^ Totally not true I've seen tons of sigs with ' imagery not in english ' and so have you !!

' The Revolution shall not be silenced ' - Reznikov

Absolute Monarchy? I don't know what to say. I guess it was the game type that made it this way....the 5 types of government.

Well, I figured that should society collapse, the first forms of government to pop back up would be various forms of despotism, like an absolute monarchy.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Since we had three votes, I'll go ahead and confirm the decision:

The King of Petravillas decides to hurry up and establish a basic army for internal security, and for defense against the Skullcrushers and zombies. It is comprised of mainly of subsistence hunters, armed with only their hunting rifles and shotguns. It numbers around 70 fighters.

Food Rating: 75% / A lot of variety and plenty of it!

Military Rating: 15% / A small force of okay strength.

Stability: 50% / A lot of frustration over current affairs.

Technology Rating: 20% / Little progress has been made since The Fall.

Infrastructure: 40% / Many areas are dangerous to travel, but main roads are acceptable.

Economy: 60% / Trade is doing fine and expanding slowly.

Actions:

A - Improve the food situation / Make it a general goal to increase the number of livestock and crops.

B - Improve the military situation / Establish ranks and improve equipment.

C - Focus on internal reforms / Address the concerns of more liberal citizens.

D - Put effort into improving technology / Establish schools and invest in technical schools.

E - Rebuild Infrastructure / Focus on maintaining roads.

F - Manage the Economy / Address the current government budget.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Your image link doesn't work

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

If you copy and paste it, it works. At least it does for me.

8aa2f55b_bobby_sigh.gif

Since OP is a bundle of sticks and can't link images:

5YCGDxj.png

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Deciding that the army still wasn't where it needed to be, the King if Petravillas decides to further add onto the army. A number of decisions take place:

1 - By reaching out to former military and ex-policemen, the army grows to about 100 members.

2 - The army is officially named the Royal Petravillas Army.

3 - The army is organized into ten ten-man squads, with one squad leader and a second-in-command to each squad.

4 - Various AR-15's are bought up from the market and from passing traders.

5 - Soldiers are officially paid a small wage.

6 - Soldiers were encouraged to provide their own sidearms and melee weapons. 2/3 of the army now carry handguns of some kind, and about 45% carry some sort of blade with them.

Two Skullcrusher buses have been sighted patrolling east of Outer Petravillas.

There have been no changes in the map.

Food Rating: 75% / A lot of variety and plenty of it!

Military Rating: 25% / A small force of okay strength.

Stability: 55% / A lot of frustration over current affairs.

Infrastructure: 40% / Many areas are dangerous to travel, but main roads are acceptable.

Economy: 55% / Trade is doing fine and expanding slowly.

A - Improve the food situation / Make it a general goal to increase the number of livestock and crops.

B - Improve the military situation / Add on official training standards.

D - Put effort into improving technology / Establish schools and invest in technical schools.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

E

Signature removed due to rule violation. All posts/imagery with text must be in English.

^ Totally not true I've seen tons of sigs with ' imagery not in english ' and so have you !!

' The Revolution shall not be silenced ' - Reznikov

Still not satisfied with the army, the King of Petravillas decides to reach out to the former-military elements of the Royal Petravillas Army. After speaking with them for several hours, he grasps what pre-war military training standards were. Using this information, he puts the entirety of the army through training programs, increasing the overall effectiveness.

The recent addition of a wage to the army also encourages some other people to join, and due to the recent training programs, they become a very useful addition to the force. The army now numbered at 200 soldiers, divided now into ten twenty-man teams.
The Kingdom of Iven has recently collapsed due to the pressure of foreign invasion, and the Skullcrushers have taken over all of Iven. More Skullcrusher buses also been sighted east of Outer Petravillas. Both of these events have hurt stability and trade.

The zombie horde southwest of Terras has begun to assault the Skullcrusher-held countryside southeast of Iven, distracting them considerably.

There's been some changes to the map:

sr0q3zf.png

Food Rating: 65% / A fair amount of variety and a lot of it.
Military Rating: 35% / A smaller force of decent strength.
Stability: 40% / A lot of frustration over current affairs.
Economy: 40% / Trade is okay, but could be better.

Actions:

B - Improve the military situation / (Must wait five turns before using this decision again.)

SPECIAL:

I - Attack!: Assault the Skullcrusher position to the east of Outer Petravillas.
II - Attack!: Assault Skullcrusher-occupied Apol.

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Attack Skullcrusher position to the east of outer Petravillas and make a military camp there. Then use forces from Outer Petravillas and the camp and attack Apol.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

We should know more about the Skullcrusher's strength before attacking them.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

Passing hunters and travelers report about three buses parked east of Outer Petravillas. Numbers range from 30-70 individuals. There are lightly armed - some more than others - and some are obviously civilian.

At Apol, the few traders that the Skullcrushers are friendly to report that the number of Skullcrushers that inhabit the town number only about 130, the majority of whom are civilian. It should be noted that Apol is fortified.

Apol is much more valuable of a target, and taking it over would put a line of defense between the Skullcrushers and Outer Petravillas. It's risky, though.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png