quitting soon

Sol Farmer

I may be overlooking something, but looking at your war timeline with Hopkins Gap, how would you have been able to even launch the first nuke? According to Sol Farmer's post earlier, launching a nuke costs 12 action points. You only start off with 6 action points in a war, and you launched your first nuke on Hopkins Gap only two updates after the war started. That means you would only have had 8 action points. So either nukes cost less than 12 action points, or something was up before you even launched the nuke(s)--even if all the additional launches were just a bug.

It's also somewhat peculiar that the nuke launches are spread across a period of several minutes, rather than the duplicates being launched at the same time, as you might expect from a bug.

Maybe I'm being overly suspicious. Food for thought, nevertheless.

It looked to be a turn update error based on the time(s) it hit.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

It looked to be a turn update error based on the time(s) it hit.

Yes, that second part (about the launches being spread out across a few minutes) isn't necessarily strange, it's just not how I would expect a bug to behave.

That first part is what makes me suspicious that an exploit/hack might be involved. The Glow (NMA/Mutant) would have known that he/she had only 8 action points, and also would have known that nuke launches cost 12 action points. That means that, when fighting Hopkins Gap (and this might apply to the other two wars as well), The Glow shouldn't have bothered to try to launch a nuke, since he/she clearly would not have had enough action points; and, obviously, The Glow wouldn't have just mindlessly tried to do a nuke launch without enough action points, and it just happened to bug up and work anyway. This in turn means that The Glow would have selected the nuke launch action with the full expectation that it would work--despite not having enough action points. That's what suggests to me that something fishy was going on beforehand, like an exploit or hack.

Again, I could be missing something, but as of now, it really looks like a bug isn't the only thing behind this.

Edited by Roma

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

Yes, that second part (about the launches being spread out across a few minutes) isn't necessarily strange, it's just not how I would expect a bug to behave.

That first part is what makes me suspicious that an exploit/hack might be involved. The Glow (NMA/Mutant) would have known that he/she had only 8 action points, and also would have known that nuke launches cost 12 action points. That means that, when fighting Hopkins Gap (and this might apply to the other two wars as well), The Glow shouldn't have bothered to try to launch a nuke, since he/she clearly would not have had enough action points; and, obviously, The Glow wouldn't have just mindlessly tried to do a nuke launch without enough action points, and it just happened to bug up and work anyway. This in turn means that The Glow would have selected the nuke launch action with the full expectation that it would work--despite not having enough action points. That's what suggests to me that something fishy was going on beforehand, like an exploit or hack.

Again, I could be missing something, but as of now, it really looks like a bug isn't the only thing behind this.

I think it's error in the coding honestly. I don't think anyone would blatantly and obviously cheat like that. It is a way to noticeable thing to pull off, especially because of how powerful nukes are. 

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Problem is, if it was just a coding error, then The Glow wouldn't have known about it. Therefore, she would have waited to accumulate the necessary 12 action points before launching the first nuke on Hopkins Gap. Instead, she went ahead and launched the nuke when she only had 8 action points. People don't just accidentally do a military action, since you go through two pages before you confirm the action. Which means The Glow knew that her nuke would launch (and thus intentionally selected the nuke launch action), even though she didn't have enough action points.

Edited by Roma

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

Nukes are 8 points

Hooray, I'm stupid.

Sol Farmer said they cost 12 points, so he must have been mistaken.

Hooray, I'm stupid.

Sol Farmer said they cost 12 points, so he must have been mistaken.

I just double checked cause I wasn't sure and it indeed is 12.

I just double checked cause I wasn't sure and it indeed is 12.

Hooray, I'm not stupid.

The case still stands then.

Edited by Roma

8 points = missiles

12 points = nukes

Good, then.

That means that all of this still makes sense.

I may be overlooking something, but looking at your war timeline with Hopkins Gap, how would you have been able to even launch the first nuke? According to Sol Farmer's post earlier, launching a nuke costs 12 action points. You only start off with 6 action points in a war, and you launched your first nuke on Hopkins Gap only two updates after the war started. That means you would only have had 8 action points. So either nukes cost less than 12 action points, or something was up before you even launched the nuke(s)--even if all the additional launches were just a bug.

It's also somewhat peculiar that the nuke launches are spread across a period of several minutes, rather than the duplicates being launched at the same time, as you might expect from a bug.

Maybe I'm being overly suspicious. Food for thought, nevertheless.

Problem is, if it was just a coding error, then The Glow wouldn't have known about it. Therefore, she would have waited to accumulate the necessary 12 action points before launching the first nuke on Hopkins Gap. Instead, she went ahead and launched the nuke when she only had 8 action points. People don't just accidentally do a military action, since you go through two pages before you confirm the action. Which means The Glow knew that her nuke would launch (and thus intentionally selected the nuke launch action), even though she didn't have enough action points.

Clearly a bug.

Edit:

And since there was no report from NMA, and he clearly realized there was a bug, by previous actions and definitions he should be reset and banned.

Edited by Micheal Malone

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Clearly a bug.

Edit:

And since there was no report from NMA, and he clearly realized there was a bug, by previous actions and definitions he should be reset and banned.

Read my posts again, I didn't realize they got nuked 10 times until I woke up this morning and found this thread. Contrary to what you might think, I'm not crazy enough to do a stunt like this deliberately and think I'm going to get away with it.

Read my posts again, I didn't realize they got nuked 10 times until I woke up this morning and found this thread. Contrary to what you might think, I'm not crazy enough to do a stunt like this deliberately and think I'm going to get away with it.

The repeat nukes may well be nothing more than a bug. But what is unusual--and what makes me suspicious--is that you launched your first nuke before you even had enough action points. So clearly there's a reason you expected it to launch just fine with only 8 action points. If all of this--the first nuke launching despite your having too few action points, and the following repeat nukes--is only a bug, and one that you apparently were unaware of, then why didn't you wait to accumulate the necessary 12 action points?

In other words, if you expected the war system to work normally and knew nothing of a bug/hack, you would have saved up 12 action points before trying to launch a nuke, since that's what it costs. But you launched your first nuke when you saved up only 8 action points, and coincidentally, it worked, too. To me, that sounds like you knew of some flaw/hack and knew that your nuke would work even though you had only 8 action points--otherwise you would not have tried to launch it, because it wouldn't ordinarily have worked.

Edited by Roma

I've stated over and over that I believed that the nukes were only 8ap. If you look at the timeline again, I fired the the nukes at 4 or 5 am and I wasn't entirely sober by that time.

I'm done dealing with the private "detectives", I've stated my side of the story and Sheepy will have to look at the evidence and determine if I'm innocent. (which I know I am)

• Administrators

I believe I've isolated the root cause of this as being the turn change script causing interference. I've increased the length you have to wait to access the game when it's under heavy load like that, and removed the bugged damages to Sol Farmer.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I believe I've isolated the root cause of this as being the turn change script causing interference. I've increased the length you have to wait to access the game when it's under heavy load like that, and removed the bugged damages to Sol Farmer.

What about the other two nations that were nuked and had the same thing happen?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Dacia (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=6976) and Hopkins Gap (https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=7017) were also affected.

Edit: Are you also going to update The Glow's nuclear arsenal? 3 actual launches from a stockpile of 4 doesn't mean you can be at 5 the next day.

Edited by Greatnate
  • Upvote 1

• Wiki Mod

I would like to add that the nukings occurred on a non turn hour.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid