Should guns be banned?

Nordland II

Assault rifles aren't banned. AR-15s are legal, and so are domestically made Avtomat Kalishnikovs (AK). Automatic weapons of any kind are classified as Type 2. Type 2 is illegal.

The AR-15's and AK's we have access to are not assault rifles. They are civilian models of military assault rifles. They are a style.

From the research I did, assault rifles are any rifles that cosmetically resemble the full-auto, military weapon. They must also meet other criteria, such as foregrip attachment or telescopic stock.

This may be wrong.

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

From the research I did, assault rifles are any rifles that cosmetically resemble the full-auto, military weapon. They must also meet other criteria, such as foregrip attachment or telescopic stock.

This may be wrong.

IT LOOKS SCARY BETTER BAN IT

• Upvote 1

The days of the sword was better, it actually took practice and skill to be a good swordsman. And armor actually mattered, you'd have all sorts of armor and helmets and could even decorate it in a nice way. Then muskets and guns came around and just took all the fun and chivalry out of warfare.

"A templar knight is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel. He is thus doubly-armed, and need not fear neither demons nor men."

Z7v67aD.jpg

http://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=120

no assault rifles.

Assault rifles ARE banned and have been since 1934.

Doesn't stop them anyway. I occasionally hear full auto fire off in the distance when I'm on a walk. I don't think anybody gives a shit where I live.

Formerly PIP on >Bloc. All hail his irrelevance!

Doesn't stop them anyway. I occasionally hear full auto fire off in the distance when I'm on a walk. I don't think anybody gives a !@#$ where I live.

Where do you live, how often is occasionally, and are you sure it's not a group of people shooting semi?

If you are in the US then I doubt it's actually automatic fire. For it to be so they would need a Class 3 licences(which is hard and expensive to get), large amounts of ammo (expensive and in most states there's something you have to do if you have over a certain amount of ammo), and buy a gun that is full auto capable (again hard and expensive to get.)

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Rural North Carolina. I can positively identify that it's automatic fire and not just multiple guns firing. The spacing between the shots is extremely short but regular. I counted 10 rounds in a row last time, but this isn't a daily event. I hear it maybe once every one or two months. And, to my knowledge, a capable gunsmith could produce and install the necessary mechanism to automate an "assault weapon."

Formerly PIP on >Bloc. All hail his irrelevance!

Rural North Carolina. I can positively identify that it's automatic fire and not just multiple guns firing. The spacing between the shots is extremely short but regular. I counted 10 rounds in a row last time, but this isn't a daily event. I hear it maybe once every one or two months. And, to my knowledge, a capable gunsmith could produce and install the necessary mechanism to automate an "assault weapon."

Then they probably have one legally. A capable gun smith is the kind of person who would never do that kind of work for someone unless they have the proper licenses. But most guns can't properly be converted.

Also "assault weapon" is a meaningless term invented by the media. Yes there are assault rifles, but civilians can not get them with out going through proper paper work, and tax stamp and approval from the local LEO.

Also in my experience many LEOs won't agree unless you have some kind of service(military or police) but not all.

Also I made a mistake, I said Class III when I was referring to the Tax Stamp. Class III is if you are going to be selling them for a business, Tax Stamp is personal ownership. (I tend to confuse the two)

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

I am personally in favor of banning all firearms from regular citizens and allowing the police to do their job. Maybe we could give the police more funding and weapons as well.

When the founding fathers wrote the second amendment they did not think we would have guns such as the AR-15 (Assault Rifle 15) or the FAMAS. They only imagined that people would use muskets to hunt bears with. Obviously since the second amendment is about hunting, and assault rifles will blow the animal to bits, they should be banned because they serve no use.

So, you are not against guns, you would just like to see the guns to be under the control of the government.

The bolded part is completely wrong. The right to bear arms was made to protect the people against it's government. As you may or may not know, the British empire banned the import of gunpowder and guns in the colonies 1774 and began confiscating guns in the colonies in 1775. No guns in the North American colonies would equal no defense against the British empire. After fighting against the British, the founding fathers realized a defenseless populace would result in no defense against a tyrannical government, thus the second amendment was born.

Of course they would have no knowledge of a handheld machine gun, but whether or not they would believe such weapons are needed for defense now is unknown.

Look at how many people were killed in sandy hook, if only we had universal background checks the shooter would have been stopped. I propose that all guns be banned except muskets, which will require a license.

If we ban cocaine/meth/LSD/etc., there would be no more of those drugs, right? Oh wait, those are illegal but they are still around. If we ban alcohol, there would be no more alcohol, right? Oh wait, we tried that but there was still alcohol around. See my logic here?

Think of the children and ban guns.

Even if you ban guns, kids are still going to be abused (emotionally, physically, and mentally), neglected, starved, etc. Guns have killed about 700 children over the past eight years. Atleast four children die every day due to abuse/neglect. So you don't have to do the math yourself, that is atleast 1460 children a year. Source

Now, I'm not a gun toting redneck republican. I'm one of the farthest things possible from being a republican (or a redneck for that matter). However, I do firmly believe in the right to bear arms, for one reason only: an unarmed populace is at the mercy of its government. There is plenty of examples of this throughout history, especially in recent history. Hitler banned guns, Stalin banned guns, Mao banned guns, and it just so happens these men have killed atleast a combined total of 51 million people. You also can't ignore the fact that these men also took knowledge/education away from their people, but lets not get too far off track

• Upvote 2

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

• 3 weeks later...

As an Australia, we have banned guns over a decade ago after a horrendous massacre. This policy has worked and reduced all gun crime to an almost zero range. Why can't America do the same?

Because we're a bunch of prudes who not only will not show female breasts on TV, but we absolutely have to have our AK-47s to defend ourselves because many of us can't shoot with pistols worth a !@%$*

I'm actually the best shot in my family with a pistol ;)

"When the time comes to choose your target...be sure to pick the right one. Because you will only get one shot" - Galen, Babylon 5: A Call to Arms

• 3 weeks later...

Guns don't kill people, people kill people :P if guns are banned that would be crazy. Then only criminals will have guns and do we really want that :P

It was not me who put those horrible pictures, or that horrible signature.

• 1 year later...

Have we learned nothing from the War on Drugs? If you ban guns it'll create a black market and thus will actually increase crime and shootings. If you ban guns, it won't get rid of guns. It'll just make gun owners criminals. I will say that Americans love their guns way too much, though.

Edited by The Governor

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

Have we learned nothing from the War on Drugs? If you ban guns it'll create a black market and thus will actually increase crime and shootings. If you ban guns, it won't get rid of guns. It'll just make gun owners criminals. I will say that Americans love their guns way too much, though.

Your view of the world is narrow. No country has been successful at banning drugs but most developed countries have been very successful at controlling guns.

• Upvote 1

6hu5nt.jpg

Your view of the world is narrow. No country has been successful at banning drugs but most developed countries have been very successful at controlling guns.

I am against banning guns all together. I never said I was against controlling guns, quite the contrary.

Edited by The Governor

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

Focus on the word "control". That is my issue with Gun "Control". Who is doing the controlling? The same people whose lives are protected by the same guns that would be "controlled", aka stripped away from the citizens right to possess. Politicians. Why give our politicians any more control than they already have stolen? It boggles my mind when people give respect and worship to professional criminals- who are willing to sacrifice every ounce of liberty and rights to people who make promises every two to four years just to get their vote and yet never keep them. So yeah, I abhor gun "control" and history shows those who give up their rights of defense always lose more in the long run.

A few tens of thousands of people are killed each year with gun violence. With that in mind, take out gang violence, accidents, and suicides, and you're left with an even smaller number.

Now, factor that in with the fact that there's over 300,000,000 people in the United States.

The lives of however many people who are saved through gun control legislation does not recoup the economic loss that would come with harsher gun control legislation. Plus, it's a loss of civil rights.

Also, keep in mind, there's tens of millions of gun owners in America. Very few commit violent crime. Areas with higher percentage of gun ownership have less crime.

new_forum_sig_2.png

Why should this guy make gun laws when he clearly knows nothing about guns? Can I make car laws when I know (almost) nothing about cars? Why do I need a V8 when the highest speed limit is 85 MPH? You don't need that killing machine! Muh children! 

What's gravedigging?

Not this: 

Gravedigging

Replying to, or “bumpingâ€, old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 30 days. The following exceptions apply:

Alliance Affairs - topics with no posts for at least 10 days will be considering gravedigging.

The following are immune to the rule, as long as replies are constructive and remain on-topic.

Alliance Recruitment
Free Trade Market
Game Discussion
Game Suggestions
All forums in the Social Hub

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I oppose gun bans.

I am a farmer in rural Ohio. Many years ago, we had an incident. In the middle of the night, nature called. As I passed by the window, I saw a flashlight out in one of the barns. I woke up my wife, told her what I saw, and had her round up the kids and get them to the attic to hide. I grabbed my pistol and headed downstairs to call the sheriff. Then I sat on the stairs for what seemed like an eternity. About 5 minutes later, the deputies arrived. The two people in the barn ran but were caught. One was carrying a loaded pistol.

In that 5 minute wait, so much could have happened. Luckily, no shots were fired. The two claimed that they were after farm equipment and parts. But, what if they had entered the house?

• Upvote 2

The lives of however many people who are saved through gun control legislation does not recoup the economic loss that would come with harsher gun control legislation. Plus, it's a loss of civil rights.

Many people would argue that saving even one life is worth more than all the money in the world.

Areas with higher percentage of gun ownership have less crime.

I'd like to see your citation, please. I don't believe gun ownership increases or decreases the amount of crime in a given area.

Banning guns won't do anything because you'll only disarm innocent people and give violent criminals the upper hand against law abiding citizens. Britain has effectively banned all guns and they have big problems with knife violence and there is actually a movement there to ban knifes now. The marines that recently were killed in Chattanooga were in a gun free zone. When you consider all the crazy things going on these days with our government and the terrorists in the Middle East and the fact that our border with Mexico is wide open anyone who wants to live should be armed.

This is so stupid. The solution to fighting criminals with guns is not giving everyone else guns so they can shoot back. More guns will only cause more violence, you'll have bands of "good guys" having shootouts with "bad guys" in the streets.

The real problem is that criminals have a lot of guns, and the solution is taking those guns away from the criminals who possess them, not giving everyone else the right to bear arms so they can shoot them back. It's just complete and utter nonsense, but I do realize you people who actually believe in that nonsense will never ever see the light.

Hell, the notion that if you don't let people carry guns the government will become tyrannical and oppress everyone is laughable. Only in the United States could someone have so little trust in their government (which consists of people, just like you) and believe anything that ridiculous. It's just paranoia and narrow-mindedness running amok.

In my country the police don't carry guns, gun control is strict, and you cannot bring knives out in public. We have one of the lowest murder rates in the world, and violent crime with weapons pretty much never happen. In the United States, where many states have very liberal gun laws you have one of the highest murder rates and violent crime rates in the entire world.

And yet, you still cling onto the idea that letting people own guns makes your society safer. It's almost like some kind of joke. "Hey guys, we have a problem with violent crime and murder in our country so obviously to have less shootings and violent crime, more people should carry guns! What could possibly go wrong?!"

But hey, if you really want to cling onto your guns so much, go right ahead. It's more amusing for the rest of us that way.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg