Religion

Oskar

Religion  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What religion do you believe to be correct?

yes but the god has comaments, and they find those good, and they have sins, and they find them bad.

Well God should be worshiping me anyway. And I say sodomy for everyone! :v

god created the angle that became satan and he knew that would happen becuse he can see into the futter cant he not

Of course he knows the future, He knows if you will go to Heaven or Hell, weather ww3 will break out, if the human race will destroy itself, etc... But he still allowed it to happen as he had a plan for it in the first place.

Which is exactly why God doesn't exist, or is self defeating in purpose/a total hypocrite. 

Genocide=God plan

No, it really is. Just read Revelations. Suffering and brutal warfare all Gods will. Hence, ISIS. The true warriors of Abraham. :v

But on a serious note, I'm not an atheist. However, the Abrahamic idea of God is nonsensical at very best.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

let me ask all Religion this, if there is a god why is there evil in this world, and if god made everything why did he create evil.

Not all religious people follow this pattern of thinking, Harrison.

Technically, the ultimate evil in the world is mankind's own free will as even according to the B'resheet/Genesis narrative the act against the commandment from Elohim(a plural word for God and is the same word for the Canaanite Pantheon) was still a choice to be made regardless of the temptation from a serpent. Outside of the Judeo-Christian Narrative, we have other teachings which strive for the best of mankind, to separate ourselves from all things that hinder us towards perfection, transcendence and/or spiritual transformation. Some are more stoic and sophist in their endeavors while others find a balance or are willing to seek insight within. Some return to the traditions of their ancestors and accept an Animistic approach, seeking harmony with all things around them.

Overall, the concept that God created evil is only a limited interpretation from one tradition based on one practice for one deity/aspect/essence.

Not all religious people follow this pattern of thinking, Harrison.

Technically, the ultimate evil in the world is mankind's own free will as even according to the B'resheet/Genesis narrative the act against the commandment from Elohim(a plural word for God and is the same word for the Canaanite Pantheon) was still a choice to be made regardless of the temptation from a serpent. Outside of the Judeo-Christian Narrative, we have other teachings which strive for the best of mankind, to separate ourselves from all things that hinder us towards perfection, transcendence and/or spiritual transformation. Some are more stoic and sophist in their endeavors while others find a balance or are willing to seek insight within. Some return to the traditions of their ancestors and accept an Animistic approach, seeking harmony with all things around them.

Overall, the concept that God created evil is only a limited interpretation from one tradition based on one practice for one deity/aspect/essence.

But that is what Abrahmic religion comes down to. Free will or not, God did in fact create evil. There is no way around that except to deny that God created Lucifer, or to suggest that he is not all knowing.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

But that is what Abrahmic religion comes down to. Free will or not, God did in fact create evil. There is no way around that except to deny that God created Lucifer, or to suggest that he is not all knowing.

Lucifer, funny that you use the term, was actually a bad Latin translation from the Vulgate of the Hebrew word "Ha'lel ben Sha'har" which was a reference to King Nebuchadnezzar, not the Adversary.

The Adversary, according to interpretive hermeneutics of the Tanakh, was indeed created as perfection among the Angelic host. However the act of free will is assumed to be among the angelic host as well as humanity due to the knowledge that one-third are documented to have followed the Adversary's descent to the Earth. It does question the omniscience of God knowing that eventually such a rebellion would take place among the Angelic Host as well as the disobedience of mankind in Eden. This does create an image of a divine being capable of creation who may not be all-encompassing in love and benevolence, which is a limited reference of words outside of the Tehillim/Psalmic texts. The image of a loving God is found more often in the B'rit Ha'dashah/New Covenant or the "New Testament" with Jesus. This too comes with obstacles to accept as far as an omniscient, omnipotent and almighty God.

The bigger question is not if an almighty, omniscient, omnipotent God created evil but if there is such a thing as a deity for that matter that is actually almighty, omniscient or omnipotent. There are more faiths outside of the Judeo-Christian sects that do not paint an omniscient creator-deity which requires complete subservience, which was my original point. But noted, the crux lies in the Hebrew God's omniscience.

I believe in my Religion as I know that my God exists, and that he has always existed, even before the universe, or time. So here are some verses from the Bible to prove it. First is 1 John 4:8, Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. Next is John 1:1-2, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. After that, there is Psalm 90:2, which reads: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Finally, there is John 20:29, which reads: Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." These verses, among many others prove that He exists and created the world, He allows you to live even though we deserve death as Romans 3:23 reads: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This, my friend, is why evil exists in the world, as we all have sinned and thus are not worthy of salvation, but God sent his only Son to save us, and bring us salvation and mercy. He is Jehovah Sabaoth, The Lord of Hosts, He is Jehovah Rapha, The Lord that Heals, He is El Olam, The Everlasting God. I hope this helped you understand why I believe in God the father, the maker of heaven and earth.

Edited by Jaiteaes
  • Upvote 1

...Jehovah Sabaoth, ...Jehovah Rapha,

Jehovah is not Hebraic in origin. It is a bastardization of the Masoretic vowel points for Adonai (A-O-AI) applied to the Tetragrammaton YHVH, hence when one crosses upon the name of YHVH in the Masoretic texts, you would see YaHoVaiH. Thus the transliterated Latinized name Jehovah is not the actual name of God.

Indeed, if God didn't exist, how would life exist, how would nebulae exist, or how could an explosion come from nothing and create everything? 

Because I personally do not believe in a beginning. Existence has always been and therefore there never was a beginning. We confine ourselves to the concept of time and having to always have a beginning to explain all things. Since we are born, we live and eventually die. Being a witness to this we assume all things must break down and therefore this physics applies to everything in the Universe. We assume there was a start to it when it very well could be an ongoing cycle the Universe constantly maintains and always has.

I believe in my Religion as I know that my God exists, and that he has always existed, even before the universe, or time. So here are some verses from the Bible to prove it. First is 1 John 4:8, Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. Next is John 1:1-2, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. After that, there is Psalm 90:2, which reads: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Finally, there is John 20:29, which reads: Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." These verses, among many others prove that He exists and created the world, He allows you to live even though we deserve death as Romans 3:23 reads: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. This, my friend, is why evil exists in the world, as we all have sinned and thus are not worthy of salvation, but God sent his only Son to save us, and bring us salvation and mercy. He is Jehovah Sabaoth, The Lord of Hosts, He is Jehovah Rapha, The Lord that Heals, He is El Olam, The Everlasting God. I hope this helped you understand why I believe in God the father, the maker of heaven and earth.

That actually doesn't prove anything, or even come close to proving anything, but OK.

Ok my next question why do you believe in your religion.

ftfy.

I believe in my religion because I can. Because it doesn't preach of Gods or divinities or ridiculous things that defy experience. It teaches how nature works, or how one perceives said nature to be working. 

How stupid are the athiests!

what made universe???

universe come from nothing athiest say!

how stupid!

fact: einstein belived in god! are you smarter then einstein athiest idiots!!!?? 

I-Do-not-Believe-In-a-Personal-God.jpg

See, this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Albert-Einstein-Human-Side-Glimpses/dp/0691023689

He believed in the god of Baruch Spinoza and identified himself as an agnostic. 

Also, Stephen Hawking is a hardcore atheist who insists the universe created itself. Are you smarter than Hawking?

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

that is why athiest stupid!

they think they can prove god not exist!!!

I voted atheism because I believe that those who come with an assertion also must prove it, and religious people can't prove their religion. As long as God can't be proven I can't live as though he did.

But you are right, I can't prove he don't exist.

Edited by Børge Johannessen

Personally, I am a heathen. I find the prospect of polytheism much more believable than monotheism.

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I voted atheism because I believe that those who come with an assertion also must prove it, and religious people can't prove their religion. As long as God can't be proven I can't live as though he did.

But you are right, I can't prove he don't exist.

i thoght that was an agnistic

The Great Emperor of New Scandinavia

Some people cant tell the difference between Iron Aged Fairy Tales and Reality. What it comes down to in the minds of the superstitious is that they fundamentally can not tell the difference between what is "True" and "What feels good". This complete Inability to accurately think spills into every facet of their life(And if enough people are afflicted by it, society itself). It’s a dangerous and terrible thing that greatly impedes human advancement =/

• Upvote 1