useless improvement slots

last187

at this point my nation has reached a point where improvement slots became useless:

i am maxed out on farms and other improvements so to counter this problem i would like to suggest the following improvement:

make it so that the max number of improvements you can have is based on the amount of land. 

for example: why can i buy 12 oil wells in  2 cities (6 in each) with only 50 land and i can only buy 6 oil wells in a city with 1500 land , it makes no sense at all.

likewise i can buy 4 hospitals in every city even if the city has 1M peeps... so maybe let that increase with infra

now what i propose as a fix is not changing the formula for everyone but to implement a project ( 2 projects) that allows you to build more improvements based on  # land when it comes to mines and # infra when it comes to all other improvements.

Edited by last187
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation

i know but thats only another 1000 infra and to reply on the off topic part of your reply i can improveswap to get more military improvements :D

the main problem remains you will run out of improvements to buy which is sad 

Going for top nation

i know but thats only another 1000 infra and to reply on the off topic part of your reply i can improveswap to get more military improvements :D

the main problem remains you will run out of improvements to buy which is sad 

Oh yeah, you run out of improvements alright, I was just commenting on the terrible nation build you have going on ;)

I don't think a change should be done to them though, either bring in some later game ones or leave it, don't go fiddling with how the slots are calculated.

T7Vrilp.png

Finally, replace the current national econ level model with a point-based system. It should be replaced with a point system, where supermarkets contribute 4 points, banks 7, shopping malls 12, and stadiums 18. The nation with the most points would get 100% econ and would set that as the benchmark. All other nations would get a econ % based on their econ points relative to that top nation. There would need to be a lower limit for nations with no econ improvements at all, though. Improvement limits for econ improvements would be removed and replaced with a requirement system, where 1 bank requires 3 supermarkets, 1 shopping mall requires 2 banks, and 1 stadium requires 1 or 2 shopping malls. The international trade center project could multiply whatever econ points one has by 115%. With such a point system, the lower tier would no longer be effectively those below 1000-1100 infra per city. Currently, most nations are at 100% econ at 1100 infra/city, but with this suggestion, that level is changing, presumably usually rising as the top nation rises. The top nation would have to allocate most, if not all, of their slots to econ improvements to maintain 100% econ, effectively rendering them limited in what resources they can produce domestically, and making them a cash exporter and resource importer. This will help keep a relatively small number of top-tier, cash-exporting, resource-importing nations relative to lower-tier resource exporting nations.

I made that suggestion here: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5646-finite-quantities-of-raw-resources/page-2#entry91008

It would let you use up 100% of your improvement slots if you so chose and would help keep the desired dynamic of large nations being mostly importers of raw resources from small nations.

The 100% level economic bonus could probably be made to have a higher cap on citizen income than it currently has to compensate for such a change.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum
  • Upvote 1

true if the goal is making bigger nations importers of raw resources wouldnt it make even more sense to allow the building of more steel mills or sth

i mean if your city has 250k peeps why cant it have more improvements

Going for top nation

at this point my nation has reached a point where improvement slots became useless:

i am maxed out on farms and other improvements so to counter this problem i would like to suggest the following improvement:

make it so that the max number of improvements you can have is based on the amount of land. 

for example: why can i buy 12 oil wells in  2 cities (6 in each) with only 50 land and i can only buy 6 oil wells in a city with 1500 land , it makes no sense at all.

likewise i can buy 4 hospitals in every city even if the city has 1M peeps... so maybe let that increase with infra

now what i propose as a fix is not changing the formula for everyone but to implement a project ( 2 projects) that allows you to build more improvements based on  # land when it comes to mines and # infra when it comes to all other improvements.

Maybe we should get rid of some of your alots for you.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

So maybe an answer is for every unused improvement slot your max commerce can go up by 0.1% so if you have, say 10 unused improvement slots your max commerce is 101% not 100%.

• Upvote 1

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I like this idea. A nation should be able to develop the way it wants. At least as far as military and resource slots are involved. It would open up the can of " this isn't fair" "he has 10 million soldiers" bullshit.

Import lead, iron, and coal and start manufacturing them yourself. That or buy military improvements.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

So maybe an answer is for every unused improvement slot your max commerce can go up by 0.1% so if you have, say 10 unused improvement slots your max commerce is 101% not 100%.

yes idea is good. but more improvements be better.

I like this idea. A nation should be able to develop the way it wants. At least as far as military and resource slots are involved. It would open up the can of " this isn't fair" "he has 10 million soldiers" !@#$.

well you would still need the improvement slots for it my main problem atm is that i have improvement slots open that are useless 

Going for top nation

I made that suggestion here: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5646-finite-quantities-of-raw-resources/page-2#entry91008

It would let you use up 100% of your improvement slots if you so chose and would help keep the desired dynamic of large nations being mostly importers of raw resources from small nations.

The 100% level economic bonus could probably be made to have a higher cap on citizen income than it currently has to compensate for such a change.

The real question is how we would get a system in-place that makes this still fair to smaller nations.

I know they're supposed to sell resources for their money, but they *do* need money to maintain everything they've got going. Sustaining your nation off of sales is a pain, and if there's some slight market problems then all of a sudden every small nation is upset at their losses. I'm not saying that it couldn't be fun to have the market be that important, but the problem is that the difficult part of it is for all the new guys. New players will be stuck trying to figure out exactly how/when to sell their resources, and upkeep could devastate them without the income bucks.

really, I think it just makes the game more complicated. It's a cool idea but it would be difficult to implement properly and offer fairly limited benefit.

Edited by Pax

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

The real question is how we would get a system in-place that makes this still fair to smaller nations.

I know they're supposed to sell resources for their money, but they *do* need money to maintain everything they've got going. Sustaining your nation off of sales is a pain, and if there's some slight market problems then all of a sudden every small nation is upset at their losses. I'm not saying that it couldn't be fun to have the market be that important, but the problem is that the difficult part of it is for all the new guys. New players will be stuck trying to figure out exactly how/when to sell their resources, and upkeep could devastate them without the income bucks.

really, I think it just makes the game more complicated. It's a cool idea but it would be difficult to implement properly and offer fairly limited benefit.

Small nations do make money without any economic improvements. The baseline income (0% econ) is $2.50. 100% econ is currently $7.50. Cosmetically, these numbers and the tax rate change with econ policies, but the basic formula is still the same as far as I'm aware. The upper limit (currently $7.50) could be changed to something like $10.00 to compensate for the across the board income losses this change would otherwise have on anyone with econ improvements.

the problem with that is that the WTC project would also have to be changed everyone keeps saying that small nations have to earn money from selling resources. this is true, however even as a big nation you can decide to be self sufficient (to a certain extend) soo i really dont see anything wrong with the suggestion of changing the cap or removing the cap at all :D

Going for top nation

the problem with that is that the WTC project would also have to be changed everyone keeps saying that small nations have to earn money from selling resources. this is true, however even as a big nation you can decide to be self sufficient (to a certain extend) soo i really dont see anything wrong with the suggestion of changing the cap or removing the cap at all :D

And you could be self-sufficient under my suggestion as well, but you'd be sacrificing economic competitiveness to do it. Though the current improvement limits for resource production could possibly be raised in conjunction with my suggestion without too much problem. The ITC would need to be changed, and I suggested it just multiply the points one has by a percentage (such as 115%, but this could be made to be higher). The subway would also need to be changed to a point system.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

With the amount of money your probably make why not invest in an International Trade Center? Or better yet, the game is in the 90's why not suggest additional features we can you use in the game, as we are moving into real time, there in theory should be a lot more tech advancements, which we could and should implement into the game.

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

With the amount of money your probably make why not invest in an International Trade Center? Or better yet, the game is in the 90's why not suggest additional features we can you use in the game, as we are moving into real time, there in theory should be a lot more tech advancements, which we could and should implement into the game.

the WTC project would only be a temporary fix and so will new improvements , on top of that new improvements will make the game even more complex and can cause balancing problems depending on what you suggest 

Going for top nation

well you would still need the improvement slots for it my main problem atm is that i have improvement slots open that are useless

That's what I mean. Have no cap on potential buildings from mitary or resources. Have 30 barracks in ine city if you want

That's what I mean. Have no cap on potential buildings from mitary or resources. Have 30 barracks in ine city if you want

only at 1500 infra (disregarding power and food supply so its even more) which you could also have in 6 cities with 250 infra :D

edit: fixed math coz math = hard

Edited by last187

Going for top nation