New Players

Kastor (Old Account)

Grow up Kastor. Please. Dont get pissy over it. 

Uh.....wut?

I agreed that you all had good points.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

• Administrators

There is this problem I've been thinking of for awhile. The problem of new nations joining, who'd rather not join an alliance. They have 0 chance. The best they could do is maybe get their 2nd city, maybe 500 infra in both before they get come off beige. Once they are off of beige, they have no chance, 99% they will get raided and all their hard work will be destroyed. This needs to be fixed, so those nations who want to be alone can grow and not be destroyed and penalized by not joining an alliance.

I agree with your premise, but the fact of the matter is that games like these aren't really that much fun without the community aspect. Lots of people sign up for the game, play around with their nation, and never come back. Or, will log in the next day, and then never again. Why? Because they don't know anyone else who plays the game, they're not going to understand all the mechanics, and it's a daunting task to try and become #1 with no help. 

We need alliances to bring players in, get them involved in the community, and make them lasting members. If you want to play by yourself, you can: the beige mechanics is a built in "peace mode" that offers temporary relief from raiding. If you're going solo and don't want to be raided, you'll learn that you need to keep a big, big military on hand to protect yourself from raiders. That is a financial penalty in itself, and the cost of trying to go solo.

It's not that the solo players are being punished, it's that there's an advantage to teamwork, and that's how it ought to be.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If someone joins the game, make their nation, tinker around a bit, and leave forever because they don't personally know anyone who also plays the game without actually trying integrate themselves into the community... That kind of player would never last long in this game regardless whether an alliance actually tries to recruit him or not. Just my opinion.

Since the beginning, this game's mechanics clearly intended to be one chaotic pile of cooperation between players. You just need to see how each nation can only mine 4 resources, when 7 are needed to fully grow. 5 offensive and 3 defensive war slots is also clearly not meant to facilitate a solo play. Gearing the mechanics toward solo play would just destroy the delicate balance of this game, I'd say.

As Sheepy said, it's up to alliances to try and recruit newbies into their fold. That's how alliances grow, and that's how this game would grow as a whole. I'm speaking from experience here, the only reason I ever stick around for a really long time was because someone recruited me in another game with a VERY helpful tips and a friendly message about his alliance. The snowball rolled from there. It just takes some cleverly worded recruitment template to get those newbies rolling, and some actual assistance rather than recruiting for the sake of increasing your alliance's ranking also helps.

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

INB4 actual peace mode suggestion

No you're not, it's been suggested numerous times already.

Oh, and just an FYI, it will never be added ;)

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win