Typhoon Nari hits South Korea

National Assembly

640px-Maemi.A2003255.0455.2km.jpg

The most powerful typhoon to hit South Korea in a young aged history tore through the country's coastal regions, leaving at least 105 people dead,.

With winds of up to 190 miles per hour, typhoon Nari hit the southeastern coast on night of July 23 1990, South Korea Defense Secretary Kwon Lok Hi,said yesterday on conducted post-event conference in Jeolla.

|It dumped 17.8 inches of rain in several places, flooding farmlands, cities and rivers, and triggering landslides, the National Disaster Prevention and Countermeasures Headquarters said.

It said more than 24,900 people sought shelter at nearby schools and public facilities.

Nari is "by far the most powerful typhoon since we began compiling weather records in 1988," said Jeo Min-lee, an official at the Korea Federal Meteorological Agency.

"Narii's wind speed was the fastest ever," he said.

The NDPCH said at least 105 people were killed by drowning, landslides, electrocution or other causes, and that 85 people were missing and feared dead.

Among those killed were two people whose bodies were removed from the landslide in Ulsan city. Another 20 people were feared trapped in the basement and their fate was unknown, said Eun Chuk-hee at the city's anti-disaster centre.

In Jeolla, the nation's capital city and its main port, 11 container-lifting cranes toppled and were twisted beyond recognition.

NDPC estimated the cost of total damage nationwide reaches between $7.2 to $10 Million. 

170px-Emblem_of_the_National_Assembly_of_Korea.svg.png

The People's National Assembly of South Korea

I hope you get rekt. :)

Er I mean, Foxburo gives it deepest condolences to those effected by hurricane rekt.

• Upvote 5

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The National Assembly of South Korea extends its gratitude to the International Community who gives their sympathy to our nation.

Our Disaster Recovery Committee is in heavy need of aid supplies, peacekeeping entities, rescue volunteers and materiel.

The National Assembly of South Korea extends its gratitude to the International Community who gives their sympathy to our nation.

Our Disaster Recovery Committee is in heavy need of aid supplies, peacekeeping entities, rescue volunteers and materiel.

That's a great demand but I will do the best I can.What materials and how much money will you need to rebuild?

pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

I could send you some spies. :v

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

That's a great demand but I will do the best I can.What materials and how much money will you need to rebuild?

Foxburo asks Southern Sweden to refrain from aiding our direct enemy with any supplies or money at this time.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

My sisters will send assistance immediately, as soon as the typhoon subsides. We greatly hope that your people can find shelter while the typhoon rages on. We would come and help earlier, but unfortunately we can't send aircrafts or ships from our nation as we are also affected, albeit to a much lesser degree.

Lifting the embargo is a different matter altogether, though.

My sisters will send assistance immediately, as soon as the typhoon subsides. We greatly hope that your people can find shelter while the typhoon rages on. We would come and help earlier, but unfortunately we can't send aircrafts or ships from our nation as we are also affected, albeit to a much lesser degree.

All kind of help from the community will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I think it's "impossible" tho. But anyway, thanks for helping our nation.

I could send you some missiles later if I could :):D

With that 100K warchest and no missiles? The situation with North Korea is still under consideration by SI.

This is going to be a hard choice to make...

You could just stay out of the conflict entirely.

South Korea is blockaded anyway and cannot receive aid. :v

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

With that 100K warchest and no missiles? The situation with North Korea is still under consideration by SI.

You could just stay out of the conflict entirely.

South Korea is blockaded anyway and cannot receive aid. :v

I think that's what she meant by 'as soon as the typhoon subsides'

pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

Little or no damage was reported for my nation. Still calculating totals.

Totals So Far

Deaths: 205

Injuries: 183

Missing: 602

Damaged Infrastructure: Significant (-15 Infra)

Edited by 0zon3

Despite your recent acts of aggression against the free world, we of the Blessed Empire of Elicis have decided that your citizens do not deserve to starve following the recent typhoon. My sisters are waiting at your docks with 50 tonnes of food supplies for your suffering masses. I urge that you allow them entry to distribute the food supplies and ensure that all your wounded are taken care of in the field hospitals to be set up soon.

Signed,

Holy Empress Alice Lune of the Blessed Empire of Elicis.

The Quarian Empire quietly takes notes on the issue. With the current blockade the Qurians cant send in a team of medical professionals to care for the innocent citizens of South Korea.

PoJQyFJ.gif

Update: As of today, the National Disaster Prevention Committee of South Korea recorded death counts of 290 deaths, 50 Missing and 5 Injured.

Damage cost by the typhoon had computed worth $12 Million (Both Infrastructure and Agricultural Damages).

Price Freeze had been ordered by the Federal Finance Committee to maintain the current prices of primary market goods.

Continuous Repairs are now incited within the country, as also the Government dispatches its peacekeeping battalion through the cities.

Foreign aids had been acknowledged by the government and extends its very gratitude to those who helps the people of South Korea in these hard times.

• 4 weeks later...

India Celebrates and New Delhi rockets with Fireworks as the sight of the enemy in vain. India states any nation that embargoes South Korea will be a help to many innocent nations, suffered by this tyrant. I was one of these victims, he is a troll that raids random nations that doesn't deserve to be in the orbis, this guy needs to be zi'd to save the many.

Indian+Animated+Flag+1.gif

The Federal Republic of India

Muhammad Ali Bas's Presidency Office.

"I Bow Thee, Mother." "

Regional Power of Asia

Become a Military ally of India today! Notify the president of India for more information.

Internal and External Embassy of India

India Celebrates and New Delhi rockets with Fireworks as the sight of the enemy in vain. India states any nation that embargoes South Korea will be a help to many innocent nations, suffered by this tyrant. I was one of these victims, he is a troll that raids random nations that doesn't deserve to be in the orbis, this guy needs to be zi'd to save the many.

You're just putting your allegations... You won't get all their support.

Hatred :3 hmm