2/24/2015 - Missile Patch

Alex

Talk about making the Iron Dome over powered aswell. For something that is a passive project in the sense that it uses no MAPs -- and is also so cheap, it certainly doesn't warrant a 50% success rate.

• Upvote 1

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Talk about making the Iron Dome over powered aswell. For something that is a passive project in the sense that it uses no MAPs -- and is also so cheap, it certainly doesn't warrant a 50% success rate.

Yeah I think it got buffed way too much. Maybe a 1/3 chance of blocking a missile.

Agreed here I think. Maybe 33%-40% would be better.

T7Vrilp.png

Perhaps a good balance would be the old 20% chance to block missiles, and then if the missile isn't blocked there is a 50% chance to reduce damage by half, or some other amount.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

I disagree, as it stands missiles still do more damage per war than anything else even if you can only land 4 of em

Missiles dmg was nerfed a bit though and I believe it's 7.5 missiles per war 9 (1.5 a day), so you might only land 3.  Plus you'd pay the cost for all 7 missiles.  Missiles are expensive to buy and planes are relatively cheap to operate.  I'm just saying that if I'm facing a guy with an Iron Dome, I'm not even going to bother with missiles.  The higher cost just isn't worth it for maybe 100-200 more infra dmg, even if you land 4 it's still debateable.  3 missiles can maybe do 900 infra dmg now?  15 plane attacks can do 700-750 infra dmg.  Cost of 7 missiles vs. aircraft resource costs?  $3.5m (or 5-6m in cost during war time) is a lot and the large amounts we had spend on missiles should count for something.  I know some of us had a ton of missiles, but we spend a lot of cash to get our stockpile.  That fact is being ignored I think.

Someone should just put up a poll on who would fire their missiles now vs. aircraft vs. a guy with a dome.

Missiles dmg was nerfed a bit though and I believe it's 7.5 missiles per war 9 (1.5 a day), so you might only land 3. Plus you'd pay the cost for all 7 missiles. Missiles are expensive to buy and planes are relatively cheap to operate. I'm just saying that if I'm facing a guy with an Iron Dome, I'm not even going to bother with missiles. The higher cost just isn't worth it for maybe 100-200 more infra dmg, even if you land 4 it's still debateable. 3 missiles can maybe do 900 infra dmg now? 15 plane attacks can do 700-750 infra dmg. Cost of 7 missiles vs. aircraft resource costs? $3.5m (or 5-6m in cost during war time) is a lot and the large amounts we had spend on missiles should count for something. I know some of us had a ton of missiles, but we spend a lot of cash to get our stockpile. That fact is being ignored I think.

Someone should just put up a poll on who would fire their missiles now vs. aircraft vs. a guy with a dome.

We've definitely landed 8 missiles when using only missiles. If you went for big damage with AF and used 300+ you've gotta remember the gasoline costs, that's 80 gas n munitions per attack, *15 which is 1200 per war, twice as much as 8 missiles. Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

2) I've increased the amount of loot that can be gained in ground battles. Soldiers are what loot cash from your opponent, and they're now set to take anywhere from ~$25-$80 each (with an Immense Triumph victory level) per battle. I also increased the minimum amount the defender could be left with from $60,000 to $100,000. There is a new restriction in place as well - you can't take more than 75% of your opponent's cash on hand in a simple ground battle. The purpose of this is to promote ground battles as a more useful tactic in higher tier warfare. I think you'll find that stealing a good chunk of your opponent's cash in a battle will make it a very attractive option.

That doesn't work, I got attacked and lost 34k when I had just 94k cash.

Before this change as well, whenever I got defeated in a war the enemy would steal a bit of my protected cash. 

Edited by Diabolos

IpHGyGc.png

MIN( (RANDOMBETWEEN(250, MAX(350, (Population Density * 3))), (Infrastructure in City * 0.3) )

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I plugged your formula there into Excel, and ran multiple tests. And it appears to be 250-350 but never more than 350 damage.

However, as you can see from this timeline I hit with a missile for 381 on a 1500 infra city.

It could be that the formula didn't work in excel initially so to get it to work I tweaked it a bit to do what I *think* you're trying to do with it.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• 2 weeks later...

baaaaaa

I like it

Baaaaaa ( in sheep language ) :P

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Forum etiquette. This thread is no longer active, and no longer needs to be.

it hasn't even been a month and i for one wasn't really expecting such monumental changes in stable so i don't think it's really out of hand to bump this

Not to mention it isn't harminator's job to police forum etiquette publicly like this.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If you see what you believe to be a violation of the Forum Rules, file a report using the link next to the post button. Replying to the offending post does not constitute a report, and does not guarantee the post will be brought to the attention of a moderator.

• Upvote 2

• Jax locked this topic