Did North Korea hack Sony?

Jroc

North Korea is the victim of a framing and that is pretty obvious to see. The very fact that Guardians of Peace didn't demand anything about the interview until the media began speculating shows a pretty intelligent, hacking collective that used it any opportunistic person would. They knew they could get away with it, if they framed the only nation state, that many do not even take serious.

Not to mention, that anyone can turn a pc locale into Korean by themselves and Korean is forbidden in North Korea. Yet, alone, the North Korean government would not be capable of hiring such amazing hackers. 

What do you think?

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

What if Sony hacked themselves?

Wait, what if America hired Snowden to leak "documents" to see what would happen? What if the NSA isn't really spying on us? What if Microsoft used Lizard Squad as an excuse to do server maintenance or some shady work? What if this world is actually a social experiment set up by aliens to see what would happen? 

2bZxdpL.png?1

Actually, that would be a very good idea. Free advertising. 

And today North Korea has gone dark.  No internet.  USA responsible?  China?  Or are hackers playing War Games?

I doubt China, since they supply NK with food (or used to). 

Really, I'm wondering if Obama would order something like this. I know it could be DoD, CIA, etc., but did Obama actually do something? 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Did they put this on Sony's computers?

No, Guardians of Peace sent it to the FBI, who announced that Best Korea did that hackings.

FN4ZiQL.png

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun de Menschen das gleiche."

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Actually, we supply nk with food.

Obama? Mr executive order spree?

LIES, Best Korea supplies Americans with food. Watch this totally-not-propaganda video if you believe otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJoQOQHQ8oA

FN4ZiQL.png

it doesn't matter. we all need some target to blame.....that's why there are 1000+ conspiracy, maybe it is self-hacking to test their own anti-hacking systen. Such 3rd rate country hardly have ability to hack the 1st rate government....although I bet they would interest more in Nuclear-related project.

They aren't hacking our government remember, they are hacking a corporation. While this affects the U.S. economy, it is not the same as if they attacked the CIA or something. While Sony Pictures (not Sony, which is Japanese) is American, this is not a direct attack on American cyberspace. Sony Pictures has had its own security problems in the past and previously ignored its own cybersecurity. I quite doubt this is a hack by Sony considering the credentials of employees, scripts, and even full movies have been publicly released. Already, there has been consideration of Chinese involvement in the hack, including the use of Chinese servers, or even Chinese hackers. North Korea has basically said "we didn't do it, but good job whoever did it", even threatening the U.S., while not taking responsibility for the hack. This is what seems the most fishy to me. So do I believe it was North Korea? Yes, I do. They have the motive, means, and have shown their willingness to oppose the movie.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

They aren't hacking our government remember, they are hacking a corporation. While this affects the U.S. economy, it is not the same as if they attacked the CIA or something. While Sony Pictures (not Sony, which is Japanese) is American, this is not a direct attack on American cyberspace. Sony Pictures has had its own security problems in the past and previously ignored its own cybersecurity. I quite doubt this is a hack by Sony considering the credentials of employees, scripts, and even full movies have been publicly released. Already, there has been consideration of Chinese involvement in the hack, including the use of Chinese servers, or even Chinese hackers. North Korea has basically said "we didn't do it, but good job whoever did it", even threatening the U.S., while not taking responsibility for the hack. This is what seems the most fishy to me. So do I believe it was North Korea? Yes, I do. They have the motive, means, and have shown their willingness to oppose the movie.

good goy, but this is how it went:

1. A bunch of hackers in Japan found yet another security loophole in Sony's network and used it to steal a bunch of !@#$.

2. Not knowing what to do with it, they decided they would make a stupid demand for the lulz, namely "NORTH KOREA DISAPPROVES OF THE INTERVIEW WE WILL BOMB YOU IF YOU SHOW THAT MOVIE".

3. People actually take the bait. The US government and its alphabet agencies think it's North Korea and start talking about sanctions. Sony and theatres !@#$ their pants and cancel showings of "The Interview".

4. Meanwhile, in North Korea, Kim Jong Un goes "Did we do this? We didn't do this, did we?" and gets really confused as to what is going on.

5. Hackers realize that people who actually are important are taking the bait and that the world is led by a bunch of incompetent retards, prompting them to send that "You are an idiot" video.

Edited by Casey
  • Upvote 1

FN4ZiQL.png

Actually, we supply nk with food.

Obama? Mr executive order spree?

No we don't. 

Exactly. What immigration problem? Ehh, it'll work itself out. 

Later... 

Hey, my approval rating is going down. EXEC ORDER! 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

No we don't. 

Exactly. What immigration problem? Ehh, it'll work itself out. 

Later... 

Hey, my approval rating is going down. EXEC ORDER! 

For the record, Obama has issued fewer executive orders per year than any President since Grover Cleveland's first non-consecutive term. If you exclude the current term, then he's only issued fewer than any President since William McKinley except for GWB, who issued one fewer order per year during his entire term than Obama did during his first term.

But, you know, who cares about facts when you're having a political argument?

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q