Random Events

Georgi Stomana

So the basic idea is, every day there is a very, very small chance of getting a random event, they can be good - Like the discovery of a huge resource deposit by prospectors which increases production of that resource for a temporary period, or a bumper crop resulting in higher food production, to bad stuff like an outbreak of gang violence which temporarily increases crime in a city, or an epidemic which increases disease, the things you could have are endless really. But there being an equal chance of the event being good or bad is probably important.

Edited by Georgi Stomana
  • Upvote 3

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

I like this.

In addition, in the first 7 or 10 days of a nation, don't let there be any negative event; only positive ones (or make the probability of a good event 0.75; more than a bad event). This will give a boost to newbies and also help in player retention. It is not realistic but a tsunami or a flood at the start can really discourage a new joiner and such events in succession can even make him quit.

Blood of a king. Heart of a lion.

Also you could try and make it not effect a nation but also there military like disease runs rampit in the ranks or poor leadership has lead to troops preforming at 5% less strength so as to have a possible neutral events

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

The real problem with this is random events should not be "I generated this number and it matched, have fun with this disease". Perhaps it should have more factors such as your buildings and gdp.

• Upvote 1

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

would these be unique nation events or global events?

Need to boost your income?

New country without enough funds to really get started?

Come and buy or sell stock with us!

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3840-general-stock-market/

It was on Sheepy's to do list a while back, but was never added.

Alot of things are on his to do list and never been added

• Upvote 2

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

I hope i am wrong it would be a good addition but does modifying everything based off of a random chance event not scream extensive code, modifying resource production differently for every nation based off at least dozens of premade events?

I imagine it would be as easy as it was when Sheepy added color bonus. Not that it isn't hard work, but certainly not starting over from scratch.

Ehh, I do know that getting a negative event would likely just piss people off, so maybe make the chances of a negative events way lower than a positive one?

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

While I don't think it's an awful idea I just feel like it's trying too hard to make this game like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). While I think there are great things we can borrow from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) I'm just not too much of a fan of this.

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) events as I remember have two choices, both of which have different outcomes, so people were able to figure out quite quick which was the "right" answer to every event. With this proposal the event would just happen, no right or wrong choice involved.

That said I haven't played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) in a looooong time so it might be different now, or my memory might be faulty.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

I also like the idea of city events, an event that impacts just one city.  Maybe the most basic of event would be the economic state, 4 or 5 levels of + or - commerce %.  Maybe like 2/4/6/8/10., with the higher numbers being much rarer then the lower numbers.  

Then there'd be national events too.  Maybe even continental events.  Like "hot summer", -5% food, or "cold winter", -1% population(until spring)

Duke of House Greyjoy

Like I said in a previous version of this thread, events should be very random and offer no choice. It shouldn't be like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways). They should range from minor to significant effects. I think someone suggested there should be a slight tendency towards positive events. I think there should be a huge tendency towards minor events.

(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) events as I remember have two choices, both of which have different outcomes, so people were able to figure out quite quick which was the "right" answer to every event. With this proposal the event would just happen, no right or wrong choice involved.

That said I haven't played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) in a looooong time so it might be different now, or my memory might be faulty.

Yeah if you are going to have an event which could make a big impact on your nation you should have a an option to lessen the impact somehow 

Ehh, I do know that getting a negative event would likely just piss people off, so maybe make the chances of a negative events way lower than a positive one?

Nah, I'd say new nations should be less prone or have no chance of getting a bad event. If you played PaW for a year, would you leave over a small setback? 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png