DOW Kim had toothache

Kim

It’s terrible that Cypher would try something at such a low point in someone’s life, truly ruthless behaviour. 😔

• Upvote 4

Engager in Aristocracy.
Pure Capitalistic intent.
Spierdalaj.

3 hours ago, Buorhann said:

c6wGkBv.png

Also, reminder to everybody else out there.  Don't share your API Key like a dumbass.

Otherwise you'll get stuck in a stupid quagmire of eWhite Knighting arguing about broken trusts and banks that were stol...  wait, bank wasn't stolen?

That's right.  You'll harbor a individual who passes off permissions to another AA to get a community's discord nuked because his ass got chapped.

While I agree that it is absolutely on the individual to safeguard their API key (the same is true regardless of the API, some just happen to be more detrimental than others) and that stealing a bank with an API key is not against game rules, it should still be frowned upon to exploit an individual's trust in such a way and it is absolutely acceptable (in my opinion) to have it listed as a casual belli.

(It is a funny haha to steal banks tho kek)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

50 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

While I agree that it is absolutely on the individual to safeguard their API key (the same is true regardless of the API, some just happen to be more detrimental than others) and that stealing a bank with an API key is not against game rules, it should still be frowned upon to exploit an individual's trust in such a way and it is absolutely acceptable (in my opinion) to have it listed as a casual belli.

If you're going to hold George to a discussion of stealing a bank, then the same needs to be held to Deraj as well (As well as others who were there).  It was their group that plotted it.

The bank wasn't stolen though.  You guys are just buying into Deraj's bullshit and focusing it onto one player due to a past bias.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

If you're going to hold George to a discussion of stealing a bank, then the same needs to be held to Deraj as well (As well as others who were there).  It was their group that plotted it.

The bank wasn't stolen though.  You guys are just buying into Deraj's bullshit and focusing it onto one player due to a past bias.

This is exactly what I'm doing, I'm holding the whole alliance to account. As for Deraj it was because of them that I was able to change my api in advance of any actual attempt. For that reason whatever happens between me and Deraj will be kept private.

I do understand that having accepted George into your alliance you will try your hardest to spin another opinion here and I respect that but really, are you that desperate? How was George's vacation? Doesn't seem like tgh is what it once thought it was.https://media.tenor.com/qxkxx6Nke6MAAAAM/travel-late.gif 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacob Knox said:

We'll agree to disagree disagree on it being funny.  If I ask you (someone I don't know well) to take a picture of me with my cell phone in front of a monument and you instead run off with my phone, that's not funny either.  Should have I trusted you with it?  Sadly these days, no.  But that doesn't make what you did right either.  Now of course running off with someone's cell phone is illegal in the real world, and running off with someone's bank is technically not a ToS violation or against the rules on Orbis, but if your impulse control is that bad, you've got serious issues.  If someone wants to do something about it in game, they are well within their rights to do so.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:14 AM, Buorhann said:

Also, reminder to everybody else out there.  Don't share your API Key like a dumbass.

Otherwise you'll get stuck in a stupid quagmire of eWhite Knighting arguing about broken trusts and banks that were stol...  wait, bank wasn't stolen?

That's right.  You'll harbor a individual who passes off permissions to another AA to get a community's discord nuked because his ass got chapped.

imo stealing a bank is still very un-cool when its done by someone with position access in the alliance.
It's not like war where a nation's in-game actions are quite measured.
Bank theft doesn't have any mechanical recourse, and is detrimental to an alliance's prosperity/enjoyment on a large scale.

> "If it becomes common practice, we'll have to do something about it" - Alex

To me this comes from the classic Alex desire not to moderate, not a glowing endorsement.
I think it'd be a worrying implication that API key abuse could be a viable strategy people pursue in-game.

1. It's not readily apparent who knows about one's API key.
Sharing can be incidental (e.g. with a sheet one links to another gov). In contrast to alliance positions which are clear game actions, and viewable in-game.

2. The api is intended as a tool, not as gameplay in itself.
Its akin to a user/pass, but with scoped access. API can for instance; send in-game mail, disband an alliance, and steal a bank. (Depending on the scope)

3. Nuking a server vs nuking an alliance or its bank
Technically one can say the former is OOC, and the latter IC - but both are imo toxic.

These are just my views on bank stealing in general, not any validation of the CB.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

you guys should play more like me, basically clueless beyond clicking the buy new cities button.

SRD is a real Sigma whale!

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

On 1/3/2024 at 12:11 PM, Kim said:

micro pockyclypse had given up the hard life of raiding and was running as a success bank. 

Unfortunately on the very night that Kim was home cold and lonely struggling to live with the pain of toothache, discord started going crazy. It was the cypher.... They were trying to steal micro pocky bank and using my api key. 

This only reenforces what I already knew about the cypher, that they are a terrible alliance that try to take advantage of people. Deraj knew what he was doing when he left. 

• Like 1