The Skies of Aurora Ignite - Ragnarok Unleashed Upon Midgard

Xi Jinping

23 hours ago, BigMorf said:

Aurora has studied at the t$ school for people who can't count to 72.

If I give you our 72 hours now can I hit you in 2 hours? I feel like Morf you need a nice nuke

Peace in our time

Just now, Xi Jinping said:

I know which side leaked. Given my side didn't have access to half of what was leaked. 

Ah, first message would be from the private discussion that didn't involve Aurora/CoA/Hive? That does actually make sense and didn't register to me since the other screenshots seemed like a reply to it. So I suppose I'll have to concede that point, though I'd still say it is a mistake to tarnish Aurora's reputation over a leak.

7 minutes ago, Xi Jinping said:

And you can call me a liar, I really genuinely don't care.

Okay. I wasn't really thinking about you as an individual though, I was thinking of Aurora's reputation as a whole - giving a 72h cancellation notice and not following it is going to hurt Aurora's reputation, which also makes finding good allies harder. Maybe you don't care about that either, though, which - fair enough, I guess.

Just now, Xi Jinping said:

I was lied to and none of you seem to care.

Very vague accusation here. Is this referring to the whole "won't tell anyone about cancellation but it got leaked" thing? Because it is very unlikely to be the same people who actually agreed to keep it secret that did the leak. Sure the AAs bears some responsibility for the leak since it means someone not quite trustworthy was in those channels, but that isn't the same as lying.

4 minutes ago, Xi Jinping said:

Keep crying about the 72h, doesn't change anything.

Calling out a BS argument =/= crying. You can say "yeah we said 72h, but we're mad, so we just declared anyway" and it'd be fine. I'd still personally think it's dumb choice, but it would be valid. It trying to justify it with "well there wasn't a cancellation notice in the treaty" or "but really, it's your fault that we didn't do what we said!" that I'm arguing against.

12 minutes ago, Xi Jinping said:

And welcome to the the other half of Politics & War.

Okay. Hello. Not really a counter-point, though. I don't have an issue with war. My point was that you can't point at a subset of the community that complains about it being boring to criticize people who don't want to go along with your plans. They're generally not the same people. Which, to be fair, wasn't something you personally said I think - that was specifically in response to the person I was replying to.

22 hours ago, James II said:

TI violates treaty, then cries about it when they get hit and claims after the fact that aurora violated a non existent treaty clause? Plotting against your ally while allied to them warrants you getting rolled by them. You also actively sabotaged the previous war trying to get aurora, CoA, and Hive to absorb damage for you, citing your infra as priority. You absolutely deserve this.

For posterity:

IMG_8481.png~3.jpg

Damn leave some of that salt for the rest of us. 

10 hours ago, Mayor said:

I like you Jacob but this move was pretty pathetic from Aurora even if Shitgard looks even worse for getting rid of their best and founding member of a bloc, without Aurora, they are just shit and that's it. You guys could have waited the 72 hours, clause or no clause, call it convention or call it not being a untrustworthy d-bag take your pick, but you could have waited the 72 hours and attacked them at a later date and it would have been good because !@#$ Midgard. 

Since you attacked early though you couldn't keep it in your pants and now you look like you don't honor agreements, backstab your allies, leak like a sieve and just ... yeah, well, you look like shit bud. Honestly after Aurora waited several years before attacking TKR for some CTO grudge you guys had I would have thought you understood this.

I mean you are entitled to your opinion on this, but I fail to see how this goes beyond anything other than "honoring convention." We aren't the untrustworthy side here when we were removed in backroom talks and then leaked on despite being told the removal would be secret. Had that not happened, honoring convention might've made sense, but given promises on their side weren't honored... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Xi Jinping said:

I mean you are entitled to your opinion on this, but I fail to see how this goes beyond anything other than "honoring convention." We aren't the untrustworthy side here when we were removed in backroom talks and then leaked on despite being told the removal would be secret. Had that not happened, honoring convention might've made sense, but given promises on their side weren't honored... 

Conventions are supposed to be honored, not conditional, does not really matter since I am talking about outward perception. So you can use whatever reasoning you want but do not be surprised when people think you don't stick by your word because of this. Anyways, I said my piece. I like Aurora so I wish you guys the best and I hope you win your war regardless.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...